What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I am worried about Herschel Walker’s candidacy for the senate; I don’t think he’s up to the job. (1 Viewer)

Or that guy that did Don who called him the healthiest president in history :lol:
I love how, up until a few years ago, no one would have ever thought to bring up the ideology of a candidate's doctor, but then Trump rolled out a completely unqualified hack to sign a ridiculous statement that was obviously written by Trump himself, and now all of a sudden conservatives are like, "Ya just can't trust doctors to be impartial anymore." Sideshow Bob would be proud.
Ronny Jackson on twitter is a hoot. You can tell the exact point every day he starts drinking.
Jackson is a really interesting case. I remember when Trump nominated him for VA Secretary, and then the nomination was derailed due to his personal issues. All the Pod Save America guys who knew him from the Obama years were saying he always seemed like a nice guy and a good doctor. Then he went back to Texas and slowly transmuted into a MAGA crazy, to the point where Obama was like WTF?

My guess is that the vast majority of people share similar political views as their doctors, less because they actively seek such people out and more because of all the ideological sorting we're always hearing about. We live in towns where most of the people around us are simpatico, including the doctors. Also, if you're, say, pro-vax and your doctor starts ranting to you about Bill Gates and 5G chips -- or if you're pro-life and your OB says they perform a lot of abortions -- you'll probably switch.

At the same time, I would also guess that the majority of doctors view it as their obligation to prioritize their patients' health rather than trying to spin for the person if they were a public official. Then again, I suppose Trump finding a doctor with a complete disregard for the truth would represent the same kind of sorting I was talking about in the preceding paragraph.

Here comes the anonymous allegations. Well timed...
He’s already acknowledged he’s had kids with multiple women, kids of his have said he has had nothing to do with them. He’s said he’s in the FBI, thinks he’s a cop who can arrest people, said he ran 6 hospitals, had a Covid spray that killed covid, was a valedictorian, and on and on.

He did win the Heisman though.

I think we can all agree he is probably not even close to being a qualified rep for the State. Neither is his opponent because of his stroke, but here we are.
sad state of affairs across the entire political spectrum.

He’s already acknowledged he’s had kids with multiple women, kids of his have said he has had nothing to do with them. He’s said he’s in the FBI, thinks he’s a cop who can arrest people, said he ran 6 hospitals, had a Covid spray that killed covid, was a valedictorian, and on and on.

He did win the Heisman though.
He is what he is. I’m not denying anything other then the recent news is just a smear campaign - nothing more. Problem is this election is about kitchen table issues like inflation economy, education,

Yeah, these damn women! Why don’t they just speak up right when it happens ? :rolleyes::rolleyes:
I usually am pretty lenient on timing, but it's been 30 years. Are any of us shocked a pro athlete would have sex and impregnate various women?
No. So its all good then. He's "grandfathered in"
No it’s just a smear campaign that very prevalent from democrats. Did walker sleep with multiple women? Of course. No news flash here for d or r. I believe people will vote on economy, education, safety/ crime etc.. how do you think people will vote?

Yeah, these damn women! Why don’t they just speak up right when it happens ? :rolleyes::rolleyes:
I usually am pretty lenient on timing, but it's been 30 years. Are any of us shocked a pro athlete would have sex and impregnate various women?
I'm pretty sure most of our elected reps have had affairs. I voted for Bill Clinton, never regretted that either. I don't think it matters.

I'm pretty sure most of our elected reps have had affairs. I voted for Bill Clinton, never regretted that either. I don't think it matters.
I don't either but Bill was impeached for lying about it.

No it’s just a smear campaign that very prevalent from democrats. Did walker sleep with multiple women? Of course. No news flash here for d or r. I believe people will vote on economy, education, safety/ crime etc.. how do you think people will vote?
Hopefully not for him. He should be nowhere near the halls of congress.

P.T Barnum had a phrase that described you.

Pretty sure P.T would gage you as over-qualified.

Pretty sure P.T would gage you as over-qualified.
I'm sure

I don’t really either. But when they then run on “family values” and morality as themes of their campaign they’ve lost me. Advertising that you‘re a liar and a hypocrite pretty much does it for me.

No, and 10, 20 years ago, no one cared if Herschel was getting a bulk discount on abortions. No one cared that he was a deadbeat dad, like 4 times over.

Herschel decided he wanted to be a Senator, and claim to be pro life.

So, now it matters. Now people care about his completely brutal record as a father, and a man.

No, and 10, 20 years ago, no one cared if Herschel was getting a bulk discount on abortions. No one cared that he was a deadbeat dad, like 4 times over.

So, now it matters. Now people care about his completely brutal record as a father, and a man.
But ...can't we talk about Fetterman?

Sorry to hear he's lost your vote

I don’t really either. But when they then run on “family values” and morality as themes of their campaign they’ve lost me. Advertising that you‘re a liar and a hypocrite pretty much does it for me.
I guess my cynical view is they are all hypocrites. I wouldn't trust any of them, really can't think of one I'd turn my back on with a $5 bill of mine on the table.

what about redemption?

I guess my cynical view is they are all hypocrites. I wouldn't trust any of them, really can't think of one I'd turn my back on with a $5 bill of mine on the table.
They 100% are. But when you flaunt it it basically says to me ”we think you’re so stupid you’ll still fall for it”.

well at least you don't have to worry about the Dems running on family values. they hate values, and they hate families. heck dems would like the world population to shrink to 1 billion max.
Hyperbole much?

what about redemption?
Now that’s funny.

you forgot to include many of the Trump posters here that constantly label many of us on here that are independents as democrats, just because we don't like someone on their "team." It's really tiresome and kills conversation. I guess that's their goal as those that do this label posters more than they have conversations.

Actually, I didn't forget that.

When I say "And tired of us mocking each other and effectively calling each other liars or bad faith actors", I really do mean all of us. I really meant what I wrote.
Say a person claims to be a member of party A. He agrees with the platform of party B 90% of the time, defends people who support party B but not the party he supposedly belongs to. How can anyone seriously believe this person is a member of party A? This happens all the time in here.
Honestly this sounds a lot like the crowd of liberal posters that are supposedly conservatives… “but Trump”.
A lot of people who hold conservative views still believe there is a baseline moral and ethical threshold for holding the office of president.

Users who are viewing this thread