What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I am worried about Herschel Walker’s candidacy for the senate; I don’t think he’s up to the job. (1 Viewer)

Fetterman's Primary Care Doc

Fetterman's released a letter from his doc regarding his health.

Pennsylvania Lt. Gov. John Fetterman’s (D) primary care physician said in a new letter that his recovery from the stroke he suffered in May is progressing well and that he “has no work restrictions and can work full duty in public office.”

Clifford Chen, a doctor at University of Pittsburgh Medical Center (UPMC), wrote in a medical report that a Friday exam showed the Democratic Senate nominee is keeping up “good fitness and health practices” during his recovery and that his vitals look strong.

“He spoke intelligently without cognitive deficits. His speech was normal and he continues to exhibit symptoms of an auditory processing disorder which can ‘come across as hearing difficulty. Occasional words he will ‘miss’ which seems like he doesn’t hear the word but it is actually not processed properly,” Chen wrote. “His hearing of sound such as music is not affected.”

“His communication is significantly improved compared to his fist visit assisted by speech therapy which he has attended on a regular basis since the stroke,” Chen continued. “Overall, Lt. Governor Fetterman is well and shows strong commitment to maintaining good fitness and health practices. He has no work restrictions ‘and can work full duty in public office.”

Tired of having to claim if you are Red or Blue.

Agreed. And tired of us mocking each other and effectively calling each other liars or bad faith actors that they're not "democrat" enough or "conservative" enough. It's exhausting. And I don't see it changing.
Agreed. I know here I’m viewed as to the right or Republican. In recent years I do find nationally I agree more with Republican positions. But locally I would be seen as too far left to run for office so I’m no Republican either. I voted D for Senate a couple cycles ago because of the difference in the candidates. To me if you’re not voting a straight party ticket every cycle you really aren’t someone loyal to a party. Granted, so called independent voters are often 90% voting one direction or the other. Very few of us are likely 50/50.

Agreed. And tired of us mocking each other and effectively calling each other liars or bad faith actors that they're not "democrat" enough or "conservative" enough. It's exhausting. And I don't see it changing.

Sad to say you are correct.
You missed not “independent“ enough. There’s even been a term coined around here for that, “PSF Independent”.

You want e.g., GB, not i.e.

e.g. stands for exempli gratia, meaning "for example"
i.e. stands for id est, or "that is"

That's not to single you out. That's for everybody. One to grow on. And I had to look up the Latin translations, so I'm not a pedant (really!).

Such a great post in the middle of this thread. Classic FFA. Good job.

That's not to single you out. That's for everybody. One to grow on. And I had to look up the Latin translations, so I'm not a pedant (really!).

You would be amazed at how often the government messes this up in labor category descriptions on contracts. Or not amazed if you have little faith in how the government operates I guess. Regardless, they do this ALL THE TIME and it drives me batty.

You would be amazed at how often the government messes this up in labor category descriptions on contracts. Or not amazed if you have little faith in how the government operates I guess. Regardless, they do this ALL THE TIME and it drives me batty.
I use Latin phrases and stuff like this all the time, I get it.

Pennsylvania Lt. Gov. John Fetterman’s (D) primary care physician said in a new letter that his recovery from the stroke he suffered in May is progressing well and that he “has no work restrictions and can work full duty in public office.”

Clifford Chen, a doctor at University of Pittsburgh Medical Center (UPMC), wrote in a medical report that a Friday exam showed the Democratic Senate nominee is keeping up “good fitness and health practices” during his recovery and that his vitals look strong.

“He spoke intelligently without cognitive deficits. His speech was normal and he continues to exhibit symptoms of an auditory processing disorder which can ‘come across as hearing difficulty. Occasional words he will ‘miss’ which seems like he doesn’t hear the word but it is actually not processed properly,” Chen wrote. “His hearing of sound such as music is not affected.”

“His communication is significantly improved compared to his fist visit assisted by speech therapy which he has attended on a regular basis since the stroke,” Chen continued. “Overall, Lt. Governor Fetterman is well and shows strong commitment to maintaining good fitness and health practices. He has no work restrictions ‘and can work full duty in public office.”
Doctor is a major donor to dems. Letter is worthless and shows desperation..

It’s his doctor. Does he need to go to a Republican doctor? Maybe take some of Oz’s miracle pills.

It’s his doctor. Does he need to go to a Republican doctor? Maybe take some of Oz’s miracle pills.
His opinion is tainted and you know this but maybe we play anonymous source card.

So, after all the heartache and aspersions cast over the voting law passed in Georgia a few years ago we now have the start of a direct comparison.

So far in 2022 for the midterms the first day turnout is 85% higher than in 2018. Voter suppression my *** - complete, utter crock. Abrams is on record today as saying that "suppression is still alive and well in Georgia." Oh, and I guess that Jim Crow doesn't look like Jim Eagle?

His opinion is tainted and you know this but maybe we play anonymous source card.
I don’t know this and neither do you.

His opinion is tainted and you know this but maybe we play anonymous source card

can Dr Ben Carson be the republican Dr? I'd trust his opinion.

No disrespect but think most people will vote kitchen table issues since we can’t believe anything from msm now. Are you better off today financially, do you feel safer , are comfortable with your children education? When most people answer these questions it’s an easy vote.

Google is your friend...

No disrespect but think most people will vote kitchen table issues since we can’t believe anything from msm now. Are you better off today financially, do you feel safer , are comfortable with your children education? When most people answer these questions it’s an easy vote.
I have zero faith in Republicans to fix any of these issues.

So, after all the heartache and aspersions cast over the voting law passed in Georgia a few years ago we now have the start of a direct comparison.

So far in 2022 for the midterms the first day turnout is 85% higher than in 2018. Voter suppression my *** - complete, utter crock. Abrams is on record today as saying that "suppression is still alive and well in Georgia." Oh, and I guess that Jim Crow doesn't look like Jim Eagle?
Perhaps folks are .....energized. Well, at least we can presume (hopefully) they got to the polls without difficulty and harassment, its what happens after that is out of their control.

She should run for governor in Colorado. She did bring a financial windfall to their state. She'd have a better case to make there.

His opinion is tainted and you know this but maybe we play anonymous source card

can Dr Ben Carson be the republican Dr? I'd trust his opinion.
Or that guy that did Don who called him the healthiest president in history :lol:

Did the Democrats fix any of these issues?,

Did the Democrats fix any of these issues?,
In general I think the country has done the best with Dems running things in my lifetime.

you forgot to include many of the Trump posters here that constantly label many of us on here that are independents as democrats, just because we don't like someone on their "team." It's really tiresome and kills conversation. I guess that's their goal as those that do this label posters more than they have conversations.

The one thing Stacy does well is play a mean race card.

you forgot to include many of the Trump posters here that constantly label many of us on here that are independents as democrats, just because we don't like someone on their "team." It's really tiresome and kills conversation. I guess that's their goal as those that do this label posters more than they have conversations.

Actually, I didn't forget that.

When I say "And tired of us mocking each other and effectively calling each other liars or bad faith actors", I really do mean all of us. I really meant what I wrote.

no other factors could possibly be involved? not possible more people are early voting because voting on Election Day has gotten more difficult?

no other factors could possibly be involved? not possible more people are early voting because voting on Election Day has gotten more difficult?
The last election didn't show any suppressive effects, either, but a mid-term is a different beast than a POTUS election. This is the first 1:1. We'll see how it turns out, but it sure isn't looking like this law did the horrific things that were claimed.

BTW, Delaware still has significantly more restrictive voting laws than Georgia. I think we all know what that isn't being called out.

The last election didn't show any suppressive effects, either, but a mid-term is a different beast than a POTUS election. This is the first 1:1. We'll see how it turns out, but it sure isn't looking like this law did the horrific things that were claimed.

BTW, Delaware still has significantly more restrictive voting laws than Georgia. I think we all know what that isn't being called out.
because they weren’t suddenly passed when a reliably red state turned purple?

How is it more difficult? It is on the same Tuesday of November every time. If this is difficult, how do these people cope with changing their clocks?

She should run for governor in Colorado. She did bring a financial windfall to their state. She'd have a better case to make there.

What did us Coloradans ever do to you to make you hate us?

You and I know that this was passed due to the expansion of some processes due to COVID that all of a sudden became "necessary" outside of COVID. This was passed in reaction to that.

You and I know that this was passed due to the expansion of some processes due to COVID that all of a sudden became "necessary" outside of COVID. This was passed in reaction to that.
This was all obvious from the get go, the only disconnect was from partisans.

What did us Coloradans ever do to you to make you hate us?
Sorry GB. I’ll be forever bitter at her over the ASG situation in Atlanta. But I wouldn’t wish her on anyone.

When I say "And tired of us mocking each other and effectively calling each other liars or bad faith actors", I really do mean all of us. I really meant what I wrote.
Say a person claims to be a member of party A. He agrees with the platform of party B 90% of the time, defends people who support party B but not the party he supposedly belongs to. How can anyone seriously believe this person is a member of party A? This happens all the time in here.

Say a person claims to be a member of party A. He agrees with the platform of party B 90% of the time, defends people who support party B but not the party he supposedly belongs to. How can anyone seriously believe this person is a member of party A? This happens all the time in here.
Honestly this sounds a lot like the crowd of liberal posters that are supposedly conservatives… “but Trump”.

Or that guy that did Don who called him the healthiest president in history :lol:
I love how, up until a few years ago, no one would have ever thought to bring up the ideology of a candidate's doctor, but then Trump rolled out a completely unqualified hack to sign a ridiculous statement that was obviously written by Trump himself, and now all of a sudden conservatives are like, "Ya just can't trust doctors to be impartial anymore." Sideshow Bob would be proud.

I love how, up until a few years ago, no one would have ever thought to bring up the ideology of a candidate's doctor, but then Trump rolled out a completely unqualified hack to sign a ridiculous statement that was obviously written by Trump himself, and now all of a sudden conservatives are like, "Ya just can't trust doctors to be impartial anymore." Sideshow Bob would be proud.
Ronny Jackson on twitter is a hoot. You can tell the exact point every day he starts drinking.

Users who are viewing this thread