What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I feel violated for starting Bijan Robinson in Week 7 (1 Viewer)

Bijan Robinson needs a special place
This is criminal where you don't even have an option to try and play someone else in their spot

I cannot wish enough horrible things on Atlanta rest of the season
I will never trust Arthur Smith and the Falcons

Huge Hit in Dynasty for those who tend to go that route

Last edited:
I just want to mention a team in 1 league (.5 PPR) I'm in, started the following guys:

QB-Watson
RB-Jacobs
RB-Bijan
WR-Ridley
WR-G. Davis
WR-Lockett
TE-Hockenson
D-Bills
K-Patterson

They have 12.1 points with Hockenson left. Only had 2 starters on bye too, Lamb and Burrow. For comparisons sake, I also lost in that league this week (thanks random Foreman) but got 22 points from my Kicker (Hopkins)

And I have Tyler Alg on most of the teams where I have Bjian, it's not like I couldn't have made a line up switch if I had known
Or roll Pacheco into my starting RB spot and use Flex for a WR like say Rashee Rice

He didn't just create a hole on rosters, he created a vacuum for many
Lost in almost every league where I started him

The decision not to disclose pregame is incredibly suspect. It was too late to change Tampa's preparation. The only ones who were going to be harmed by the failure to disclose are gamblers (including fantasy players).

This goes beyond Arthur Smith being a prick. It is clearly a violation of the league's disclosure rules. If the NFL does not want to establish this as a precedent, it must issue a ruling against the Falcons with at least a token punishment.

Atlanta reminds me of the old Carolina teams under Ron Rivera. So much talent the coach refuses to utilize. Crazy stuff. He's on my top 5 list of coaches that need to be fired with guys like McDaniels and Staley. Idiots.

Atlanta reminds me of the old Carolina teams under Ron Rivera. So much talent the coach refuses to utilize. Crazy stuff. He's on my top 5 list of coaches that need to be fired with guys like McDaniels and Staley. Idiots.
So false, so absurd, and so common.
They're in first place
Everyone is touching the ball. How can you claim he's not utilizing talents?

They said today he had headaches and they thought he'd get better. He had a virus but negative COVID. They gave him IV fluids and he'd perk up but get worse then more fluids and same til late in the game he looked a bit better. He put him in to force the D to be in a predictable alignment.
NFL is going to fine them for not reporting his illness but they were surprised it worsened. Smith praised Patterson for knowing the offense so well he could get plugged in and Algeier for filling in.

It sounds just like anyone getting a virus and it hits them quick

They're in first place
They're leading the worst division in football by half a game over the Bucs. They've beaten the Panthers, Packers, Texans and Bucs. Great. Will they win the division? Dollars to donuts it's the Saints that come out on top in the NFC South.

How can I claim Arthur Smith is not utilizing talents?

Through 7 games.

Kyle Pitts - 2021 4th overall pick - 25 receptions, 298 yards, 1 TD
Drake London - 2022 8th overall pick - 32 receptions, 383 yards, 2 TD
Bijan Robinson - 2023 8th overall pick - 81 rushes, 404 yards, 26 receptions, 189 yards, 2 TDs

Pitts and London are not on pace to hit 1,000 yards in 17 games. Bijan has 2 more touches than Tyler Allgeier. Bijan has 103 more rushing yards than Allgeier on 15 less attempts.

Pitts, London and Robinson are elite talents. If you think that is AS utilizing their talent, I don't know what to say. They're winning games because they play good defense and stick to a conservative gameplan against terrible teams. That's great and all but it's not going to take them anywhere special. It will make them a middling team until they decide to open it up, but that will never happen under AS. He'll conservative his way to being fired while these draft picks are used as decoys. By that time one or more will be sold off for peanuts if they don't leave for FA first.

They're in first place
They're leading the worst division in football by half a game over the Bucs. They've beaten the Panthers, Packers, Texans and Bucs. Great. Will they win the division? Dollars to donuts it's the Saints that come out on top in the NFC South.

Through 7 games.

Bijan Robinson - 2023 8th overall pick - 81 rushes, 404 yards, 26 receptions, 189 yards, 2 TDs

Pitts and London are not on pace to hit 1,000 yards in 17 games. Bijan has 2 more touches than Tyler Allgeier. Bijan has 103 more rushing yards than Allgeier on 15 less attempts.

Pitts, London and Robinson are elite talents. If you think that is AS utilizing their talent, I don't know what to say. They're winning games because they play good defense and stick to a conservative gameplan against terrible teams. That's great and all but it's not going to take them anywhere special. It will make them a middling team until they decide to open it up, but that will never happen under AS. He'll conservative his way to being fired while these draft picks are used as decoys. By that time one or more will be sold off for peanuts if they don't leave for FA first.
And let me just add, out of the 4 games they've won they won 1 by a point, 1 by two points, and 1 by 3 points. They beat a terrible Carolina team by 14 in week 1 against Young who looks like a terrible bust. They lost to Washington at home by 8.

Atlanta is 4-3. They've scored 115 points. Their opponents have scored 133 points. The combined win/loss record of their 7 opponents is 21-24.

If you think Atlanta is game planning well and utilizing their talent at the skill positions, you must be Arthur Smith's mother, father, child or wife. I don't know how else to explain such thinking.

on the block in the league I have him, can't have a wuss on my roster. dealt with Robert Smith back in the day. Chris Chandelier, etc. before all y'alls get on Smith, please have a look at who the Fish have beaten this year - DePaul HS , wayne NJ. south dakota central valley state, southern poverty law center state. Fish are pathetic. McDaniel is from the kyle shanny tree means he's prone to horrible play calling, general fecklessness, ineptitude, blank stares, squirming on the sidelines in losing efforts. Smith is doing good with what he has - Ridder good lord - I feel like when we hearridder's name, we need to hear the Animal House trial where niedermayer's name is mentioned and everyone starts yelling *cough-bullsh*t ( among others).
yay the Fish use motion to move people off the spot and make Cheetah open - against... the...Giants..you're soooo damn crafty McD!!! I think Flava-Flav would say 'yeah....BOYYYYY!'
this jackwagon wears sweatshirts on the sideline at home games in miami, in october and sept, , when it's hotter than the surface of Mercury. and oh that guy's shifty, he sprints after the end of 2nd Q interview oh you're so evasive and coy McD that's why we love you!!!
beam me up scotty, there's no intelligent life here.

They're in first place

Through 7 games.

See you said one thing and then changed it to try and pretend it proves your point.

So much talent the coach refuses to utilize. I reply it's false he is utilizing everyone. You reply that he's not using three specific players as much as you'd like.

An example of what a great NFL player, great running back does when injured.
Tuesday, July 5, 2005
Emmitt played through pain for 'Boys
By Kris Schwartz
Special to ESPN.com
https://www.espn.com/classic/s/add_...boys leading 10,returned in the third quarter.

Signature Game

Jan. 2, 1994
- In the final game of the regular season, the Dallas Cowboys traveled to the frigid Meadowlands in East Rutherford, N.J., for an NFC East showdown with the New York Giants that would give home-field advantage and a playoff bye to the victor.

With the Cowboys leading 10-0 late in the second quarter, Emmitt Smith ran for 46 yards before he was slammed to the artificial turf at Giants Stadium by safety Greg Jackson. Smith remained on the ground, having suffered a separated right shoulder.

Despite the ferocious pain, Smith returned in the third quarter. He touched the ball 17 more times. "Emmitt was hurting, he was done," right guard Kevin Gogan said. "He sucked it up for his boys. I don't know how he did it."

In overtime, with his right arm dangling uselessly between plays, Smith ran or had a reception on nine of the Cowboys' 11 plays on their game-winning drive. He gained 41 of their 52 yards to set up Eddie Murray's 41-yard field goal that gave Dallas a 16-13 victory.

Smith finished with 168 yards on 32 carries and had 10 receptions for 61 yards and one touchdown. He became the fourth player to win three straight NFL rushing titles, joining Steve Van Buren, Jim Brown and Earl Campbell.

They're in first place

Through 7 games.

And let me just add, out of the 4 games they've won they won 1 by a point, 1 by two points, and 1 by 3 points. They beat a terrible Carolina team by 14 in week 1 against Young who looks like a terrible bust. They lost to Washington at home by 8.

Atlanta is 4-3. They've scored 115 points. Their opponents have scored 133 points. The combined win/loss record of their 7 opponents is 21-24.

If you think Atlanta is game planning well and utilizing their talent at the skill positions, you must be Arthur Smith's mother, father, child or wife. I don't know how else to explain such thinking.
Same as everyone else.
There's never been fans so upset a team wins as Falcons fantasy owners.
They did a total rebuild and almost won the division last year. Now they're in first.
Yeah the games have been close but you're just griping to gripe. If they're not a good team then how are they winning if not by coaching?

Same about Ridder- guy plays awful and follows it with two 300 yard games and people still are unhappy. He isn't even done with his first year of play.

Pitts was not doing the little things and not responding to coaching. Jonnu was a backup. He's only the latest to be subbed in. Firkser and Hesse and Pruitt were before. They do what the coach wants. Did ya see Patterson played some TE in camp and he just got rolling after an injury? Pitts not hitting his blocks and cutting routes short makes him Meshawn. There's no shortage of coaches that have taken the time to work with him and Hesse is widely adored as a future coach yet it's Smith's fault. Patterson has helped a lot of players over his career maybe he and Jonnu get thru to Pitts, if not he's just OJ Howard. Feel free to read on how much of a gifted athlete he was.

London can't beat every CB and he can't beat double teams regularly. They added that Tampa guy, Van Jefferson, and Mack for this reason. What if London's just very good and not great? Now there's other people for the D to worry about and if they do, then they can shift back to London who is no longer getting all this attention. Guy had 9 for 125 two weeks ago also.

Bijan's great but what if he has two carries for two yards and it's 3rd and 8. Is that London's fault? Ridder's fault?

Why are all these young players supposed to be all pros and have them in the Superbowl so fast? Can't they learn and develop? Why are Falcons skill positions players held to standards that HOF players weren't?

Tuesday, July 5, 2005
By Kris Schwartz
Special to ESPN.com
https://www.espn.com/classic/s/add_smith_emmitt.html#:~:text=With the Cowboys leading 10,returned in the third quarter.

Signature Game

Jan. 2, 1994
- In the final game of the regular season, the Dallas Cowboys traveled to the frigid Meadowlands in East Rutherford, N.J., for an NFC East showdown with the New York Giants that would give home-field advantage and a playoff bye to the victor.

With the Cowboys leading 10-0 late in the second quarter, Emmitt Smith ran for 46 yards before he was slammed to the artificial turf at Giants Stadium by safety Greg Jackson. Smith remained on the ground, having suffered a separated right shoulder.

Despite the ferocious pain, Smith returned in the third quarter. He touched the ball 17 more times. "Emmitt was hurting, he was done," right guard Kevin Gogan said. "He sucked it up for his boys. I don't know how he did it."

In overtime, with his right arm dangling uselessly between plays, Smith ran or had a reception on nine of the Cowboys' 11 plays on their game-winning drive. He gained 41 of their 52 yards to set up Eddie Murray's 41-yard field goal that gave Dallas a 16-13 victory.

Smith finished with 168 yards on 32 carries and had 10 receptions for 61 yards and one touchdown. He became the fourth player to win three straight NFL rushing titles, joining Steve Van Buren, Jim Brown and Earl Campbell.
Korey Stringer and so many head injuries. Players are way less likely to play thru bad headaches or dehydration nowadays.

"Tough it out" seems to be more of a playoff thing nowadays.

It should have been reported but I don't think he should have played a full game

Tuesday, July 5, 2005
By Kris Schwartz
Special to ESPN.com
https://www.espn.com/classic/s/add_smith_emmitt.html#:~:text=With the Cowboys leading 10,returned in the third quarter.

Signature Game

Jan. 2, 1994

Korey Stringer and so many head injuries. Players are way less likely to play thru bad headaches or dehydration nowadays.

"Tough it out" seems to be more of a playoff thing nowadays.

It should have been reported but I don't think he should have played a full game
That's fair.

They're in first place

Through 7 games.

Same as everyone else.
They did a total rebuild and almost won the division last year. Now they're in first.
Yeah the games have been close but you're just griping to gripe. If they're not a good team then how are they winning if not by coaching?

Same about Ridder- guy plays awful and follows it with two 300 yard games and people still are unhappy. He isn't even done with his first year of play.

Pitts was not doing the little things and not responding to coaching. Jonnu was a backup. He's only the latest to be subbed in. Firkser and Hesse and Pruitt were before. They do what the coach wants. Did ya see Patterson played some TE in camp and he just got rolling after an injury? Pitts not hitting his blocks and cutting routes short makes him Meshawn. There's no shortage of coaches that have taken the time to work with him and Hesse is widely adored as a future coach yet it's Smith's fault. Patterson has helped a lot of players over his career maybe he and Jonnu get thru to Pitts, if not he's just OJ Howard. Feel free to read on how much of a gifted athlete he was.

London can't beat every CB and he can't beat double teams regularly. They added that Tampa guy, Van Jefferson, and Mack for this reason. What if London's just very good and not great? Now there's other people for the D to worry about and if they do, then they can shift back to London who is no longer getting all this attention. Guy had 9 for 125 two weeks ago also.

Bijan's great but what if he has two carries for two yards and it's 3rd and 8. Is that London's fault? Ridder's fault?

Why are all these young players supposed to be all pros and have them in the Superbowl so fast? Can't they learn and develop? Why are Falcons skill positions players held to standards that HOF players weren't?
Drake London and Kyle Pitts are elite talents and with a top QB and a coach that would let it rip they would be tops in the NFL statistically. I have no doubt about it. Desmond Ridder's propensity to miss passes and throw interceptions and the coach knowing this is holding them back.

They're in first place

Through 7 games.

Same as everyone else.

Drake London and Kyle Pitts are elite talents and with a top QB and a coach that would let it rip they would be tops in the NFL statistically. I have no doubt about it. Desmond Ridder's propensity to miss passes and throw interceptions and the coach knowing this is holding them back.
Maybe so, I could surely imagine it. Ridder probably is but every rookie takes their lumps while developing. It's an unpleasant reality in the NFL.
No doubt I'd always rather a veteran QB but then the rookies never develop.
Eli's awful first year was the most famous at how bad it was. They had Kurt Warner between super bowls too. There's a lot of examples. It's a brutal reality. In every other context though, everyone would say having a good QB for many years is an important building block

Users who are viewing this thread