What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

i just ate a bag of Beef Jerky (1 Viewer)

boom king

Footballguy
when am i gonna die?

Calories 560

calories from fat 80

Total Fat 8g

sat fat 0g

Cholesterol 160mg

Sodium 3600mg

Carbs 24g

Protein 96g

* brigford original 1/2lb. bag.............good stuff

Last edited by a moderator:
I eat alot of jerky. It's actually a fairly healthy choice with all the protien and not alot of carbs.

when am i gonna die?Calories 560 calories from fat 80Total Fat 8g sat fat 0gCholesterol 160mgSodium 3600mgCarbs 24gProtein 96g* brigford original 1/2lb. bag.............good stuff
The important information is how many servings per bag?

when am i gonna die?Calories 560 calories from fat 80Total Fat 8g sat fat 0gCholesterol 160mgSodium 3600mgCarbs 24gProtein 96g* brigford original 1/2lb. bag.............good stuff
The important information is how many servings per bag?
these are the grand total #s, i already did the math so nobody got any brain cramps....but if you really wanna know, it was 8 servings worth.... 8oz. of deliciousness. i dont #### around when it comes to jerky.

:shrug:

Did the same yesterday...a couple years ago my Sibs pooled together to buy me a dehydrator for Christmas.

(The note on it said: "Get to work!"). Good for a whole lot of things, but beef jerky is what I set up most often. :shrug:

Some of the guys where I work make deer jerky. It's fantabulous.

On a side note, I love the Jack Link Beef Jerky "Messin' with Sasquatch" commercials. I howl just like Harry the Sasquatch did while watching old Ronald Reagan movies.

when am i gonna die?

Calories 560

calories from fat 80

Total Fat 8g

sat fat 0g

Cholesterol 160mg

Sodium 3600mg

Carbs 24g

Protein 96g

:football: How the hell did they manage to cram 24 grams of carbs into beef jerky?

Some of the guys where I work make deer jerky. It's fantabulous. On a side note, I love the Jack Link Beef Jerky "Messin' with Sasquatch" commercials. I howl just like Harry the Sasquatch did while watching old Ronald Reagan movies.
moose jerky is excellent also.I think I know what I am having for lunch.

Some of the guys where I work make deer jerky. It's fantabulous. On a side note, I love the Jack Link Beef Jerky "Messin' with Sasquatch" commercials. I howl just like Harry the Sasquatch did while watching old Ronald Reagan movies.
moose jerky is excellent also.I think I know what I am having for lunch.
Now I've got an image of some guy in Denver running into the woods and tackling a moose....

Maurile Tremblay said:
How the hell did they manage to cram 24 grams of carbs into beef jerky?
Marinade included brown sugar or maple syrup or honey or molasses?
That just seems silly. Why not a traditional salt rub and be done with it?I mean who adds molasses and honey to salted/cured meats? Does salami have sugar in it? Prosciutto? Maybe they do and I just never realized it.

Some study just came out that heavy use of salt ages you faster.........Found it

High levels of salt can make cells age faster

By Laura Hundemer, 3/23/2014
Who knew salt could make your cells age faster? This week at the American Heart Association meeting, new research was presented that showed that cells age faster in obese and overweight teenagers that consume high amounts of salt.

According to The Almagest the head author of the study, Haidong Zhu said, “Lowering sodium intake, especially if you are overweight or obese, may slow down the cellular aging process that plays an important role in the development of heart disease.”

According to Tech Times researchers divided 766 subjects between the ages of 14 and 18 into two groups based on their salt intake. One group consisted of teens that consumed more than 4,100 mg of salt a day while the other group consumed less than 2,400 mg of salt a day.

Surprisingly results found that even in these young people, their bodies were affected by consuming high levels of salt. The American Heart Association recommends an intake of 1,500 mg of salt a day.

Last edited by a moderator:
when am i gonna die?

Calories 560

calories from fat 80

Total Fat 8g

sat fat 0g

Cholesterol 160mg

Sodium 3600mg

Carbs 24g

Protein 96g

So you consumed over twice the amount of per day sodium recommended by the American Heart Association......I'm sure you will be fine.

Users who are viewing this thread