What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I see (feel, smell, sense, etc.) dead people... (1 Viewer)

I've had stuff like this (and much, much stranger) happening to me since I was in elementary school. I just wonder if there are other people out there who have experienced similar things in your life. Most of it intrigues me more than it scares me...although 3-4 experiences in my 20s were about as horrible...awful as I could ever imagine.
Its not the house, its you. You wont get anyone to believe spirits are targetting you.

A few weeks ago our neighbor (Janet) across the street died suddenly. She wasn't even 50, was in good health, just had some weakness in her heart that gave out. The day after she died, I was outside playing with my 4-year old. He was looking across the street, and asked me "Why is Janet on the roof?"I asked what he meant, he said Janet was standing on her roof waving at him. I told him I didn't see anything and he just said, "Well, she's gone now."
Your son clearly saw a ghost. Kids usually dont make imaginary things up.

20 years ago I fell down a 1/2 flight of stairs while holding my 1 year old son. I had come to the stairs and was about to descend the when I got caught second guessing myself mid-step while stepping over the dog lying there. I bounced down the stairs on my back and came to a stop, still clutching my son to my chest- none the worse for the "ride"- my wife following frantically behind.

Our golden retriever loved to hang out at the top of the stairs in our bi-level ranch- the perfect vantage place to catch anyone coming or going. The only problem was- we had put her to sleep more than a year before.

But she was there...
Or perhaps you were so used to stepping over the dog you subconsciously did it even though he wasnt there.

A few weeks ago our neighbor (Janet) across the street died suddenly. She wasn't even 50, was in good health, just had some weakness in her heart that gave out.

The day after she died, I was outside playing with my 4-year old. He was looking across the street, and asked me "Why is Janet on the roof?"

I asked what he meant, he said Janet was standing on her roof waving at him. I told him I didn't see anything and he just said, "Well, she's gone now."
Reminds me of the nanny scene in The Omen. Chills.

My cousin works at the Stanley Hotel is Estes Park, CO, the hotel that the shining was based upon. She has been alone in the hallways, and has heard voices calling her name and things like that. We went to CO for vacation a couple of summers ago, and stopped and toured the hotel. Pretty cool place.

The Stanley

My cousin works at the Stanley Hotel is Estes Park, CO, the hotel that the shining was based upon. She has been alone in the hallways, and has heard voices calling her name and things like that. We went to CO for vacation a couple of summers ago, and stopped and toured the hotel. Pretty cool place.

The Stanley
You know what I would think would be really weird?If someone who had seen The Shining went walking alone in the hallways and didn't imagine hearing voices, seeing movement, etc.

You didn't hear anything when you were with the tour group?

True or not, it's interesting and enjoyable to hear the stories.
:shrug: I've never had anything more than "I swear a cat just jumped on the bed" or "odd, I could have sworn someone just walked down the hall..." kind of experiences, wouldn't even call them an encounter or super natural or anything like that, just those incidental half asleep or lost in thought and see a shadow kind of things. Like hearing about other peoples stories and experiences though.Schlzm

And years ago, when my sister was in high school, she was walking home from her friend's house at night, and she said an orb of light floated in front of her, hovered, and then floated away. She was so spooked, she ran home to call her boyfriend, but couldn't get through right away b/c the line was busy. After a couple of tries, our phone rings, and her boyfriend is on the line. Before she can get a word out, he says, "You'll never guess what just happened! I was walking home and a ball of light floated in front of me, I stopped, the light stopped, and then floated away."
Many people believe the balls of light have to do with UFOs/aliens. There is a theory that aliens and ghosts come from another dimension, or universe. Somehow, they slip through a time/space portal and enter our "time/space". Parallel Universe theory covers this explanation. According to the 11 dimensions and parallel universe theorist, there are an infinite number of Universes that take different courses throughout history. One can "jump" to a parallel universe where many things are similar to our universe, but there are differences. Like Germany won WWII, or you married your high school sweetheart.Perhaps these ghosts are somehow jumping to our universe somehow.

And years ago, when my sister was in high school, she was walking home from her friend's house at night, and she said an orb of light floated in front of her, hovered, and then floated away. She was so spooked, she ran home to call her boyfriend, but couldn't get through right away b/c the line was busy. After a couple of tries, our phone rings, and her boyfriend is on the line. Before she can get a word out, he says, "You'll never guess what just happened! I was walking home and a ball of light floated in front of me, I stopped, the light stopped, and then floated away."
Many people believe the balls of light have to do with UFOs/aliens. There is a theory that aliens and ghosts come from another dimension, or universe. Somehow, they slip through a time/space portal and enter our "time/space". Parallel Universe theory covers this explanation. According to the 11 dimensions and parallel universe theorist, there are an infinite number of Universes that take different courses throughout history. One can "jump" to a parallel universe where many things are similar to our universe, but there are differences. Like Germany won WWII, or you married your high school sweetheart.Perhaps these ghosts are somehow jumping to our universe somehow.
So you're saying our immigration problems could get even worse!? Schlzm

The "balls of light" in pictures that you're referring to are generally thought to be signs of random energy. It's the random energy, which theoretically shouldn't be there, that cause people to believe it's a sign of paranormal activity.

nortobc said:
SuperJohn96 said:
Aliens? Now youre just getting ridiculous

nortobc said:
SuperJohn96 said:
Aliens? Now youre just getting ridiculous
Am I? You believe people who say they saw ghosts, but you don't believe people who say they were abducted by aliens or saw a UFO? I'd be willing to believe the latter rather then the former.

Datonn,

I've had some very similar things happen to me. I have stories that I can't explain as well...pretty creepy and scary stories.

If it's something you're interested in, and you want your house really, legitimately skeptically analyzed, you can't go to just anyone. Trust me on this. The vast majority of people are going to tell you what you want to hear or look at an EMF detector and say "well look at it go, your house must be haunted, no doubt about it". If you're just looking to essentially pat yourself on the back and do whatever, sure. But the vast majority of things that you've experienced (and that I've experienced similarly) can be explained away logically.

I know you want to believe that your house is haunted. You've definitely got some cool stories, and however you go about things, it's cool. But don't use a "medium". No offense to those of you who believe in that stuff, but it's crap. In case you can't tell, I've spent a lot of time and energy on this stuff, gone on investigations, written papers for skeptical journals. It's a fun hobby.

I'm not really sure where I'm going with this. Your stories are intriguing though, that's for sure.

Datonn,

I've had some very similar things happen to me. I have stories that I can't explain as well...pretty creepy and scary stories.

If it's something you're interested in, and you want your house really, legitimately skeptically analyzed, you can't go to just anyone. Trust me on this. The vast majority of people are going to tell you what you want to hear or look at an EMF detector and say "well look at it go, your house must be haunted, no doubt about it". If you're just looking to essentially pat yourself on the back and do whatever, sure. But the vast majority of things that you've experienced (and that I've experienced similarly) can be explained away logically.

I know you want to believe that your house is haunted. You've definitely got some cool stories, and however you go about things, it's cool. But don't use a "medium". No offense to those of you who believe in that stuff, but it's crap. In case you can't tell, I've spent a lot of time and energy on this stuff, gone on investigations, written papers for skeptical journals. It's a fun hobby.

I'm not really sure where I'm going with this. Your stories are intriguing though, that's for sure.
Tell me more.... :popcorn:

Okay, I know there used to be a thread for this somewhere, but I'm not seeing anything after pages of searching through the FFA, so I thought I'd start a new thread and face the FFA's wrath. :)

Our house is haunted. I mean HAUNTED. Built in 1913 and 1914, our house seems to be a "beacon" or "magnet" for spiritual activity. In the past six years I've been here, I've:

- seen the female version of Edvard Munch's painting The Scream standing just outside of our kitchen, a little more than five feet tall, only with long dirty dreadlocks.

- seen the spirit of a girl (age 8-9?) walking in our second floor hallway from our bedroom to my youngest daughter's bedroom. Actually, the first night we slept in the house (when our oldest daughter was one year old), I heard footsteps walking that exact same path...and thought enough of it to get out of bed and check out the house with a flashlight...thinking that someone else was in the house.

- smelled a highly localized "old man smell" (you know, the kind of an elderly man in a nursing home who hasn't bathed in several days) on the first floor that would move from place to place. You'd smell nothing, then walk through this POWERFUL smell in about a 4-5 square foot area, then smell nothing again.

- seen the spirit of a woman walk through our dining room toward a bathroom. At first, I thought it was my wife, but when I went to ask her a question after I thought she didn't hear me, I was the only one on the floor of the home.

- seen small balls of light on the steps leading from the top of the steps to a bedroom on the third floor of our home. I've also been touched on the forearm by something very small/cold up there, and have heard footsteps (the floor was removed completely in that section of the attic in 2004), a young girl humming, and the dragging of objects behind my office (on the third floor) only to find that things I've placed have been "relocated" after I check it out.

We have a friend in town who is a medium...and she has basically confirmed everything I have been experiencing (without me giving her any leading information in advance). She also said we have the spirit of a bricklayer who died while laying brick for the house (who has never stopped doing his job the past 95-96 years and gets VERY annoyed when anyone enters his work space)...and that we will have as many as 30-35 spirits passing through our home on any given day. She also said that the activity on the third floor is two young children (a boy and a girl) who pre-date the home from the 19th century...who kind of view my wife and I as "family." They're kind of mischievous, but very respectful at the same time. She says they generally wait until I've quit work for the night and gone downstairs to come out and play...though they frequently like to "peek" at me from the top of those stairs.

I've had stuff like this (and much, much stranger) happening to me since I was in elementary school. I just wonder if there are other people out there who have experienced similar things in your life. Most of it intrigues me more than it scares me...although 3-4 experiences in my 20s were about as horrible...awful as I could ever imagine.

:popcorn:
There are doctors for this type of thing.

In case you can't tell, I've spent a lot of time and energy on this stuff, gone on investigations, written papers for skeptical journals.
Would love to here some more about this.
What about it?Man, once every few months, someone starts a paranormal thread, and I always think about founding my own investigative organization. I just don't have the startup capital to buy all the stuff though, or else I would. Maybe next year.

In case you can't tell, I've spent a lot of time and energy on this stuff, gone on investigations, written papers for skeptical journals.
Would love to here some more about this.
What about it?Man, once every few months, someone starts a paranormal thread, and I always think about founding my own investigative organization. I just don't have the startup capital to buy all the stuff though, or else I would. Maybe next year.
Proton packs?

:popcorn: Very interesting. You'll likely get hammered, but these stories are always interesting to me...thanks for posting. Can you expound a little on the bolded?
Three quick ones:1. Freshman year in college. I'll preface this by saying that I didn't try alcohol until I was about 25-26 (after college) and have never tried drugs, so it wasn't a situation after a little too much partying or anything. I went to our common-floor restroom to brush my teeth and wash my face...getting ready for bed. I brushed my teeth, and was washing my face over a sink when bam! I literally had the wind knocked out of me and I slumped over on the floor gasping for air...not able to move my arms or legs. From the floor I could see the entire room (including under the stalls) and there was nobody else in there with me. At the same time, I felt the most evil I've ever felt in my life standing behind and ABOVE me. This thing was huge....had to be 7-8 feet tall and hundreds and hundreds of pounds. After 15-20 seconds, when I could finally breathe again, I knew that if I looked up into "its" face, I probably would have been carted off in a straight-jacket for a "permanent vacation." So as fast as I could, once my legs worked again, I went tearing out of the bathroom, down the hall, into my room and under my covers. My roommate was of course being a dumb-###, making fun of me for being scared. The REALLY interesting thing is that I found out seven years later from a mutual friend that my art professor had the EXACT same experience in his office within a few weeks of my own experience, and neither of us knew about it until we happened to both share our experience with that mutual friend.2. For 2-3 years after college, I would have lots of "Highlander" (the movie) moments...where I would be going about my business alone or with friends walking downtown or at a mall or ???, when all of the sudden things would go into a sort of slow-motion, my hearing would become super-sensitive and my attention would immediately be placed upon some "thing" in human form that was evil (the only way I can think to describe it). "It" would always be staring directly at me with kind of this blank stare or kind of a sly smirk. Didn't matter whether "it" was in front of me, behind me, to the side, 10 feet away, 200 feet away, etc. That experience would happen, and I would immediately focus my eyes/attention on whatever "it" was.3. Driving home one night after hanging out with friends (I-494 in the SE Metro of the Minneapolis area), I was the only car on the road for several hundred yards in front or behind me. No off/on ramps. I'm checking my rear-view mirrors often though...as I'm probably doing 72 in a 60 MPH zone and can't afford a speeding ticket. Anyway, out of nowhere these round headlights appear about five feet off my bumper. It was light enough with street lights where you could see quite a ways in front or behind you even without headlights, so I was very startled to see someone sneak up on me like that. That car stayed on me for a quarter-mile or so, then did a hard-swerve into the lane on my right and pulled even with me. His window was down, and the driver looked like Marilyn Manson, only bigger...like 250-260+ pounds of muscle weight. On the side of the driver's door was written the words "The Beast." He just stayed along side of my for probably a half-mile...staring at me. I tried only quick glances, as I was afraid this guy might have been high on ________ and try and shoot me or something, but it really freaked me out (how he looked). Then, he braked, shifted back into my lane behind me, and rode 5-6 feet off my bumper again for a good quarter-mile. No on/off ramps, a well-lit highway, and me looking in my rear-view mirror every second or two. Then all of the sudden, he was gone without a trace. :)

1. Freshman year in college. I'll preface this by saying that I didn't try alcohol until I was about 25-26 (after college) and have never tried drugs, so it wasn't a situation after a little too much partying or anything. I went to our common-floor restroom to brush my teeth and wash my face...getting ready for bed. I brushed my teeth, and was washing my face over a sink when bam! I literally had the wind knocked out of me and I slumped over on the floor gasping for air...not able to move my arms or legs. From the floor I could see the entire room (including under the stalls) and there was nobody else in there with me. At the same time, I felt the most evil I've ever felt in my life standing behind and ABOVE me. This thing was huge....had to be 7-8 feet tall and hundreds and hundreds of pounds. After 15-20 seconds, when I could finally breathe again, I knew that if I looked up into "its" face, I probably would have been carted off in a straight-jacket for a "permanent vacation." So as fast as I could, once my legs worked again, I went tearing out of the bathroom, down the hall, into my room and under my covers. My roommate was of course being a dumb-###, making fun of me for being scared. The REALLY interesting thing is that I found out seven years later from a mutual friend that my art professor had the EXACT same experience in his office within a few weeks of my own experience, and neither of us knew about it until we happened to both share our experience with that mutual friend.
I've had an experience similar to this, btw.

datonn, do other people in your family see/sense these things in your home as well?
Yes. My youngest niece (11-12 at the time) was sleeping in our living room, when she awoke in the middle of the night to see a girl probably four and a half feet tall wearing what she said was a dress and a ribbon in her hair. She said the girl smiled at her kindly and asked "Have you seen my Mama?!" My niece, terrified, squeaked out the word "No." and the girl promptly vanished into thin air.The REASON my sister and two nieces were sleeping in the living room?! :goodposting: The last time they stayed with us, they slept in the third floor bedroom next to my office. They were awoken in the middle of the night after seeing/hearing the spirits of two children in the room with them. A window also slammed open of its own accord...shattering one of the panes of glass. They've refused to stay in that room ever since.

nortobc said:
SuperJohn96 said:
Jerry O'Connell is dreamy. :blackdot:

1. Freshman year in college. I'll preface this by saying that I didn't try alcohol until I was about 25-26 (after college) and have never tried drugs, so it wasn't a situation after a little too much partying or anything. I went to our common-floor restroom to brush my teeth and wash my face...getting ready for bed. I brushed my teeth, and was washing my face over a sink when bam! I literally had the wind knocked out of me and I slumped over on the floor gasping for air...not able to move my arms or legs. From the floor I could see the entire room (including under the stalls) and there was nobody else in there with me. At the same time, I felt the most evil I've ever felt in my life standing behind and ABOVE me. This thing was huge....had to be 7-8 feet tall and hundreds and hundreds of pounds. After 15-20 seconds, when I could finally breathe again, I knew that if I looked up into "its" face, I probably would have been carted off in a straight-jacket for a "permanent vacation." So as fast as I could, once my legs worked again, I went tearing out of the bathroom, down the hall, into my room and under my covers. My roommate was of course being a dumb-###, making fun of me for being scared. The REALLY interesting thing is that I found out seven years later from a mutual friend that my art professor had the EXACT same experience in his office within a few weeks of my own experience, and neither of us knew about it until we happened to both share our experience with that mutual friend.
So you didn't see anything but you saw something?

Last edited by a moderator:
:doh: I think that would mess with me a bit as a skeptic.

Apu said:
:doh: Love hearing these stories.Mine is boring and I forget all the details as I was not the one to see the ghost. But my Mom, the previous owners and at least one neighbor have all seen the ghost of a little girl in our old house.I never saw it, despite the fact that the ghost was in the room I slept in. But I was only 9 when we moved out of that house.
That's surprising to me; I've always understood that children were more likely to see these things as their minds are still more open and less critical.
MikeIke said:
A few weeks ago our neighbor (Janet) across the street died suddenly. She wasn't even 50, was in good health, just had some weakness in her heart that gave out. The day after she died, I was outside playing with my 4-year old. He was looking across the street, and asked me "Why is Janet on the roof?"I asked what he meant, he said Janet was standing on her roof waving at him. I told him I didn't see anything and he just said, "Well, she's gone now."
A perfect example!

:goodposting: I think that would mess with me a bit as a skeptic.
The only thing I don't understand about his story is that he claims he was fully awake. I wasn't there, so I can't speak to that. The rest of his story fits the idea of sleep paralysis (or a waking dream, which is what I usually call it) to a T. I've experienced it, and I'm sure others have as well. I'm sure many of you know what sleep paralysis is, but just in case you don't...From Wikipedia (I know, not the most reliable source, but it's the only thing I could find in 2 minutes)
In addition, the paralysis state may be accompanied by terrifying hallucinations (hypnopompic or hypnagogic) and an acute sense of danger.[10] Sleep paralysis is particularly frightening to the individual due to the vividness of such hallucinations.[11] The hallucinatory element to sleep paralysis makes it even more likely that someone will interpret the experience as a dream, since completely fanciful, or dream-like, objects may appear in the room alongside one's normal vision. Some scientists have proposed this condition as an explanation for alien abductions and ghostly encounters.[12] A study by Susan Blackmore and Marcus Cox of the University of the West of England supports the suggestion that alien abductions are related to sleep paralysis rather than to temporal lobe lability.[13]
To be honest, the waking dream episode is one of the reasons I started researching things. I was convinced during my teenage years that I was attacked by a succubus, because that's what the "paranormal experts" online were calling it. I was young and foolish :lmao:

Please don't do this. I'll come to your house and tell you the exact same things they will...for free.
:goodposting:
If it's something you're interested in, and you want your house really, legitimately skeptically analyzed, you can't go to just anyone. Trust me on this. The vast majority of people are going to tell you what you want to hear or look at an EMF detector and say "well look at it go, your house must be haunted, no doubt about it".

Actually, I'd strongly prefer that somebody ELSE'S house were haunted and I could just occasionally visit, if you catch my drift...as my wife won't go into our basement alone (EVER) and only comes up to the third floor to quickly tell me good night before retreating back into the second floor. That, and our oldest daughter (6) refuses to go to the bathroom or anywhere in our house alone...because of "ghosts" (according to her)....only to tell Mom and Dad two minutes later that "ghosts aren't real, right?!" :lmao: A couple more things:1. Our house has been thoroughly inspected, a couple of times. No carbon monoxide/radon problems, no gas leaks, etc. I wouldn't buy any house or live in any house without staying on top of that stuff...because I've got a wife and two kids to take care of.2. That "medium" has actually had me over to her home/office to visit about some of this stuff. Funny story. We talked about things for 30-45 minutes, and then she asked me "so what do you think of my space?!" She had her husband build it for her a few months earlier...and I think I was one of the first people outside her family to see it. I told her "I love it...it is totally you! However, ever since I set foot in here, whatever is hiding under that sheet in the corner is bugging me. It feels like it doesn't belong in here, and it is interfering with your energy." She immediately burst out laughing, went over in the corner and took the sheet off to reveal a John Deere colored (green and yellow) bookcase that her husband had built for her boys (in the midst of all the softer feminine decor with purple, flowers, etc.), but they had outgrown it and they didn't know where else to store it. She promptly had her husband remove it from her space. :no:

2. That "medium" has actually had me over to her home/office to visit about some of this stuff. Funny story. We talked about things for 30-45 minutes, and then she asked me "so what do you think of my space?!" She had her husband build it for her a few months earlier...and I think I was one of the first people outside her family to see it. I told her "I love it...it is totally you! However, ever since I set foot in here, whatever is hiding under that sheet in the corner is bugging me. It feels like it doesn't belong in here, and it is interfering with your energy." She immediately burst out laughing, went over in the corner and took the sheet off to reveal a John Deere colored (green and yellow) bookcase that her husband had built for her boys (in the midst of all the softer feminine decor with purple, flowers, etc.), but they had outgrown it and they didn't know where else to store it. She promptly had her husband remove it from her space. :lmao:
I don't get it...

and there was nobody else in there with me. At the same time, I felt the most evil I've ever felt in my life standing behind and ABOVE me. This thing was huge....had to be 7-8 feet tall and hundreds and hundreds of pounds.
No other HUMANS...correct. That, and "seeing" can mean a few different things...although whatever was in there with me made me feel like a mouse under a 20-pound barn cat. :doh:

:doh: I think that would mess with me a bit as a skeptic.
The only thing I don't understand about his story is that he claims he was fully awake. I wasn't there, so I can't speak to that. The rest of his story fits the idea of sleep paralysis (or a waking dream, which is what I usually call it) to a T. I've experienced it, and I'm sure others have as well. I'm sure many of you know what sleep paralysis is, but just in case you don't...From Wikipedia (I know, not the most reliable source, but it's the only thing I could find in 2 minutes)
In addition, the paralysis state may be accompanied by terrifying hallucinations (hypnopompic or hypnagogic) and an acute sense of danger.[10] Sleep paralysis is particularly frightening to the individual due to the vividness of such hallucinations.[11] The hallucinatory element to sleep paralysis makes it even more likely that someone will interpret the experience as a dream, since completely fanciful, or dream-like, objects may appear in the room alongside one's normal vision. Some scientists have proposed this condition as an explanation for alien abductions and ghostly encounters.[12] A study by Susan Blackmore and Marcus Cox of the University of the West of England supports the suggestion that alien abductions are related to sleep paralysis rather than to temporal lobe lability.[13]
To be honest, the waking dream episode is one of the reasons I started researching things. I was convinced during my teenage years that I was attacked by a succubus, because that's what the "paranormal experts" online were calling it. I was young and foolish :mellow:
Yeah, I immediately thought about sleep paralysis as well (its been talked about in detail in threads in the past). The being awake part threw me and that's what I thought you were saying happened to you. I don't know what I believe, though tend to trend skeptical, but I can say if something that concrete happened to me I'm pretty sure it would seal it the other way.

3. Driving home one night after hanging out with friends (I-494 in the SE Metro of the Minneapolis area), I was the only car on the road for several hundred yards in front or behind me. No off/on ramps. I'm checking my rear-view mirrors often though...as I'm probably doing 72 in a 60 MPH zone and can't afford a speeding ticket. Anyway, out of nowhere these round headlights appear about five feet off my bumper. It was light enough with street lights where you could see quite a ways in front or behind you even without headlights, so I was very startled to see someone sneak up on me like that. That car stayed on me for a quarter-mile or so, then did a hard-swerve into the lane on my right and pulled even with me. His window was down, and the driver looked like Marilyn Manson, only bigger...like 250-260+ pounds of muscle weight. On the side of the driver's door was written the words "The Beast." He just stayed along side of my for probably a half-mile...staring at me. I tried only quick glances, as I was afraid this guy might have been high on ________ and try and shoot me or something, but it really freaked me out (how he looked). Then, he braked, shifted back into my lane behind me, and rode 5-6 feet off my bumper again for a good quarter-mile. No on/off ramps, a well-lit highway, and me looking in my rear-view mirror every second or two. Then all of the sudden, he was gone without a trace. :doh:
If only he had said, "Happy Halloween, ladies!"

and there was nobody else in there with me. At the same time, I felt the most evil I've ever felt in my life standing behind and ABOVE me. This thing was huge....had to be 7-8 feet tall and hundreds and hundreds of pounds.
No other HUMANS...correct. That, and "seeing" can mean a few different things...although whatever was in there with me made me feel like a mouse under a 20-pound barn cat. :doh:
News to me.

1. I rented a house where many strange occurences happened. Sometimes the radio would turn on by itself and even change stations. I was watching TV downstairs by myself and all of a sudden the lights dimmed. I thought maybe it was a problem with my electricity but the dimming knob had actually been turned. Several times I would fall asleep on the couch downstairs, wake up and see a bearded man in a flannel shirt standing at the bottom of the stairs. We also got a christmas card addressed to the previous residents wishing them and the ghost merry christmas.

2. My sister has seen and heard a little girl in her house numerous times. One morning I went over to pick up something I had left there before going to work. No one was home so I went to the backyard to see if the back door was unlocked. It wasn't, so I decided to have a smoke while I called to see if she would be home anytime soon. I looked at the swingset and one of the swings was moving as if someone was swinging on it. There was no wind at all.

2. That "medium" has actually had me over to her home/office to visit about some of this stuff. Funny story. We talked about things for 30-45 minutes, and then she asked me "so what do you think of my space?!" She had her husband build it for her a few months earlier...and I think I was one of the first people outside her family to see it. I told her "I love it...it is totally you! However, ever since I set foot in here, whatever is hiding under that sheet in the corner is bugging me. It feels like it doesn't belong in here, and it is interfering with your energy." She immediately burst out laughing, went over in the corner and took the sheet off to reveal a John Deere colored (green and yellow) bookcase that her husband had built for her boys (in the midst of all the softer feminine decor with purple, flowers, etc.), but they had outgrown it and they didn't know where else to store it. She promptly had her husband remove it from her space. :doh:
I don't get it...
A bookcase in the corner of the room with a sheet over it didn't seem like a natural thing to have in an office.

Users who are viewing this thread