What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I see (feel, smell, sense, etc.) dead people... (1 Viewer)

1. I rented a house where many strange occurences happened. Sometimes the radio would turn on by itself and even change stations. I was watching TV downstairs by myself and all of a sudden the lights dimmed. I thought maybe it was a problem with my electricity but the dimming knob had actually been turned. Several times I would fall asleep on the couch downstairs, wake up and see a bearded man in a flannel shirt standing at the bottom of the stairs. We also got a christmas card addressed to the previous residents wishing them and the ghost merry christmas.

2. My sister has seen and heard a little girl in her house numerous times. One morning I went over to pick up something I had left there before going to work. No one was home so I went to the backyard to see if the back door was unlocked. It wasn't, so I decided to have a smoke while I called to see if she would be home anytime soon. I looked at the swingset and one of the swings was moving as if someone was swinging on it. There was no wind at all.
My bad.

In case you can't tell, I've spent a lot of time and energy on this stuff, gone on investigations, written papers for skeptical journals.
Would love to here some more about this.
What about it?
Cool/####ed up stories.I want to believe. :confused:
The thing is though that I don't believe what has happened to me is "ghostly". I've told people some stories before and they start saying things like "whoa, definitely haunted"...That's not my opinion though. I can bring some stories later if I remember. They're not as interesting as Datonn's though.

2. That "medium" has actually had me over to her home/office to visit about some of this stuff. Funny story. We talked about things for 30-45 minutes, and then she asked me "so what do you think of my space?!" She had her husband build it for her a few months earlier...and I think I was one of the first people outside her family to see it. I told her "I love it...it is totally you! However, ever since I set foot in here, whatever is hiding under that sheet in the corner is bugging me. It feels like it doesn't belong in here, and it is interfering with your energy." She immediately burst out laughing, went over in the corner and took the sheet off to reveal a John Deere colored (green and yellow) bookcase that her husband had built for her boys (in the midst of all the softer feminine decor with purple, flowers, etc.), but they had outgrown it and they didn't know where else to store it. She promptly had her husband remove it from her space. :shrug:
I don't get it...
I just mentioned that because I know that different people have different gifts, and that she has never asked for a DIME or anything in return for coming over and going through the house. She HATES "ghostbusting" with a passion and thinks that it's all just people who either don't know how to move on or don't WANT to move on (usually out of fear or regret for something they did or didn't do in their life) being provoked or pestered by people who don't know what they are doing. She basically says "don't poke the sleeping bear" and just get the stuff out...whereas I want to learn more about the "Who" and the "Why" before evicting freeloaders for not paying rent. :no: Help the people who don't know how to move on, and ignore/banish the people who don't want to move on. Evil/demonic issues is another story entirely...though thankfully we don't have any of that going on here. Long story short though, different people can see/hear/feel/sense different things...and listening to what those different people know or can "see" without baiting the hook or giving away leading info can REALLY result in a much deeper understanding of what is occurring. That's a lesson that works well in lots of things in life, BTW, not just related to the topic of ghosts or the supernatural. :confused:

In case you can't tell, I've spent a lot of time and energy on this stuff, gone on investigations, written papers for skeptical journals.
Would love to here some more about this.
What about it?
Cool/####ed up stories.I want to believe. :confused:
The thing is though that I don't believe what has happened to me is "ghostly". I've told people some stories before and they start saying things like "whoa, definitely haunted"...That's not my opinion though. I can bring some stories later if I remember. They're not as interesting as Datonn's though.
Was half-kidding - definitely interested in stories that seem weird but have logical explanations. I think it would do some people in this thread some good.

nortobc said:
SuperJohn96 said:
And years ago, when my sister was in high school, she was walking home from her friend's house at night, and she said an orb of light floated in front of her, hovered, and then floated away. She was so spooked, she ran home to call her boyfriend, but couldn't get through right away b/c the line was busy. After a couple of tries, our phone rings, and her boyfriend is on the line. Before she can get a word out, he says, "You'll never guess what just happened! I was walking home and a ball of light floated in front of me, I stopped, the light stopped, and then floated away."
Many people believe the balls of light have to do with UFOs/aliens. There is a theory that aliens and ghosts come from another dimension, or universe. Somehow, they slip through a time/space portal and enter our "time/space". Parallel Universe theory covers this explanation. According to the 11 dimensions and parallel universe theorist, there are an infinite number of Universes that take different courses throughout history. One can "jump" to a parallel universe where many things are similar to our universe, but there are differences. Like Germany won WWII, or you married your high school sweetheart.Perhaps these ghosts are somehow jumping to our universe somehow.
Aliens? Now youre just getting ridiculous
Am I? You believe people who say they saw ghosts, but you don't believe people who say they were abducted by aliens or saw a UFO? I'd be willing to believe the latter rather then the former.
umm it was a joke

Was half-kidding - definitely interested in stories that seem weird but have logical explanations. I think it would do some people in this thread some good.
Well I don't necessarily have the answers for what happened. But I'm sure they're explainable.Kinda like the X-Files..."the truth is out there"I just don't know what it is. I'll try to remember for later.

When I was younger, I used to work at Toys 'R Us and would walk home. We wouldn't get off work until past midnight (holiday season) and it would take me 1-2 hours to walk home, depending which path I took. I would usually take the longer route as it was a much safer area. Every once in awhile I would be too tired for the longer walk and would take the shortcut, which involved me walking past long deserted stretches of poorly lit roads, known drug dealer houses, and old train tracks.

There was one part in particular where there is NOTHING around for quite some time and you have to walk under a long bridge...there is absolutely nowhere to run if something happened, and there are no houses or businesses to be found. It's a busy spot during the day, but at night it's extremely rare for a car to shoot past. That was the part that spooked me most.

Anyhow, I was approaching this bridge on one of my walks home and I started getting a really creepy feeling. I ignored the sensation because I usually got at least a little weirded out by this bridge but the feeling kept getting stronger and I became more determined to ignore the stupid sensation. I SWEAR I heard my name whispered ever so quietly but I again refused to acknowledge the sound. I 'heard' my name whispered a couple more times, louder each time. Just before I reached the underpass I got freaked out and just froze in place, spinning around, thinking I was going to be attacked. I don't know if I've ever been that spooked. I just stood there for 30 seconds or so, and my paranoia level started going to insane levels. Finally, after standing and being freaked out for what seemed an eternity, I saw a car creep around the corner. It slowed down when it saw me and actually came to a stop. I was in full fight/flight mode and we both just sat there frozen for several moments before it slowly drove off. When it got to the other side of the bridge the driver floored it and they sped off.

I've always remembered that event as a really, really odd event. I'm a man of logic and reason but that event has always made me wonder how much is really out there.

3. Driving home one night after hanging out with friends (I-494 in the SE Metro of the Minneapolis area), I was the only car on the road for several hundred yards in front or behind me. No off/on ramps. I'm checking my rear-view mirrors often though...as I'm probably doing 72 in a 60 MPH zone and can't afford a speeding ticket. Anyway, out of nowhere these round headlights appear about five feet off my bumper. It was light enough with street lights where you could see quite a ways in front or behind you even without headlights, so I was very startled to see someone sneak up on me like that. That car stayed on me for a quarter-mile or so, then did a hard-swerve into the lane on my right and pulled even with me. His window was down, and the driver looked like Marilyn Manson, only bigger...like 250-260+ pounds of muscle weight. On the side of the driver's door was written the words "The Beast." He just stayed along side of my for probably a half-mile...staring at me. I tried only quick glances, as I was afraid this guy might have been high on ________ and try and shoot me or something, but it really freaked me out (how he looked). Then, he braked, shifted back into my lane behind me, and rode 5-6 feet off my bumper again for a good quarter-mile. No on/off ramps, a well-lit highway, and me looking in my rear-view mirror every second or two. Then all of the sudden, he was gone without a trace. :banned:
I think I saw this when it was called Jeepers CreepersAnd yes you sound certifiably bat#### insane

The mind is a powerful thing. It can make you sick. It can make you see and feel things that aren't there especially during times of great stress like after losing a loved one. Again, show me one video of a ghost and I'll believe you. Just one. If any kind of tangible proof existed it'd be the lead story on every newscast tonight.

:banned: Very interesting. You'll likely get hammered, but these stories are always interesting to me...thanks for posting. Can you expound a little on the bolded?
Three quick ones:1. Freshman year in college. I'll preface this by saying that I didn't try alcohol until I was about 25-26 (after college) and have never tried drugs, so it wasn't a situation after a little too much partying or anything. I went to our common-floor restroom to brush my teeth and wash my face...getting ready for bed. I brushed my teeth, and was washing my face over a sink when bam! I literally had the wind knocked out of me and I slumped over on the floor gasping for air...not able to move my arms or legs. From the floor I could see the entire room (including under the stalls) and there was nobody else in there with me. At the same time, I felt the most evil I've ever felt in my life standing behind and ABOVE me. This thing was huge....had to be 7-8 feet tall and hundreds and hundreds of pounds. After 15-20 seconds, when I could finally breathe again, I knew that if I looked up into "its" face, I probably would have been carted off in a straight-jacket for a "permanent vacation." So as fast as I could, once my legs worked again, I went tearing out of the bathroom, down the hall, into my room and under my covers. My roommate was of course being a dumb-###, making fun of me for being scared. The REALLY interesting thing is that I found out seven years later from a mutual friend that my art professor had the EXACT same experience in his office within a few weeks of my own experience, and neither of us knew about it until we happened to both share our experience with that mutual friend.
It's a well-known scientific fact that demons and forces of evil are often confused and thwarted by down comforters.

The mind is a powerful thing. It can make you sick. It can make you see and feel things that aren't there especially during times of great stress like after losing a loved one. Again, show me one video of a ghost and I'll believe you. Just one. If any kind of tangible proof existed it'd be the lead story on every newscast tonight.
Haley Joel Osmond would disagree.

Even if he had one, you could still question its authenticity. Videos really don't prove anything in this situation.

Donny and Marie's little brother?

Donny and Marie's little brother?
Yes. Them Mormons know things. Also, that Osment kid who was in Sixth Sense.

http://paranormal.about.com/od/ghostphotos...t-Ghost-Photos/
OMG I'm 100% convinced now. You just can't come up with more compelling evidence than this.

Evil/demonic issues is another story entirely...though thankfully we don't have any of that going on here.
So you are saying some "ghosts" are demons and other "ghosts" are just spirits of dead people?
Not at all. The way I would seriously over-simplify things (from my experiences) is that there are basically four types of supernatural activity, by level of how powerful they feel or how much they scare/concern me, least to greatest:1. Residual hauntings. Basically, almost like watching a several second holographic clip of something that happened before, rather than something intelligent physically being there that you could interact with. Trapped energy, though I don't have a clue how it works.

2. Intelligent Hauntings - Lost Souls. People who don't know they are dead or people who don't know how to cross over.

3. Intelligent Hauntings - "The Sequel". People who know they are dead and have come back after crossing over or willingly avoid crossing over, for whatever reason. Some type of agenda, ax to grind, the need to convey a message or look in on someone, etc.

4. Angels and Demons. I've never seen or interacted with an angel, but I've most-definitely seen/felt a demon and attribute most of the horrifying experiences I had during/after college to demonic forces.

Most of my own recent experiences are with (2) and (3), though 12-15 years ago it was mostly demonic (4). For my medium friend, most of her experiences are with angels (4). How/What/Why? I have NO idea. It's not something you really wish for or go looking for...stuff just happens.

Last edited by a moderator:
Evil/demonic issues is another story entirely...though thankfully we don't have any of that going on here.
So you are saying some "ghosts" are demons and other "ghosts" are just spirits of dead people?
Not at all. The way I would seriously over-simplify things (from my experiences) is that there are basically four types of supernatural activity, by level of how powerful they feel or how much they scare/concern me:1. Residual hauntings. Basically, almost like watching a several second holographic clip of something that happened before, rather than something intelligent physically being there that you could interact with. Trapped energy, though I don't have a clue how it works.

2. Intelligent Hauntings - Lost Souls. People who don't know they are dead or people who don't know how to cross over.

3. Intelligent Hauntings - "The Sequel". People who know they are dead and have come back after crossing over or willingly avoid crossing over, for whatever reason. Some type of agenda, ax to grind, the need to convey a message or look in on someone, etc.

4. Angels and Demons. I've never seen or interacted with an angel, but I've most-definitely seen/felt a demon and attribute most of the horrifying experiences I had during/after college to demonic forces.

Most of my own recent experiences are with (2) and (3), though 12-15 years ago it was mostly demonic (4). For my medium friend, most of her experiences are with angels (4). How/What/Why? I have NO idea. It's not something you really wish for or go looking for...stuff just happens.

If there are spirits, why don't we ever catch them in compromising situations, like taking a dump or masturbating?

http://paranormal.about.com/od/ghostphotos...t-Ghost-Photos/
This one looks like the killer from "Scream".Schlzm

Not at all. The way I would seriously over-simplify things (from my experiences) is that there are basically four types of supernatural activity...
Says who?

adonis said:
Have your house checked for gas leaks, carbon monoxide, etc.
This is probably the only good advice you'll get out of this thread.
:wall:A lot of ghost stories were linked to gasses in the house. They have the ability to create hallucinations or to perceive things that appear "ghostly". Seriously, check it out.

If there are spirits, why don't we ever catch them in compromising situations, like taking a dump or masturbating?
I mean, he's just popping his head out from the grass! Why???! It's like somebody tried recreating a Far Side bit...
I figured it was just some guy taking a dump...Schlzm
Well there you have it. Ghost poop!

Last edited by a moderator:
I mean, he's just popping his head out from the grass! Why???! It's like somebody tried recreating a Far Side bit...
And why is he wearing a gangster fedora? The man in the foreground is clearly a cowboy of some sort.
"This is the photo that changed my opinion about ghost photos," says Terry Ike Clanton, who runs the TombstoneArizona.com website. Clanton is an actor, recording artist and cowboy poet, and is also a cousin of the legendary Clanton Gang who clashed with the Earps and Doc Holliday at the famous gunfight at OK Corral. Clanton took this photo of his friend at Boothill Graveyard. The photo was taken in black and white because he wanted Old West-looking pictures of himself dressed in Clanton's 1880-period clothes. Clanton took the film for developing to the local Thrifty Drug Store, and when he got it back was startled at what he saw. Among the gravestones, just to the right of his friend, is the image of what appears to be a thin man in a dark hat. By height, the man appears to be either legless, kneeling... or rising up out of the ground."I know there was no other person in this photograph when I shot it," Clanton insists. And he believes the small figure in the background is holding a knife. "We thought this was a tie at first, but after further review, it appears to be a knife," Clanton says. "The knife is in a vertical position; the tip is located just below the figure's right collar. If you're not convinced that something is weird here, look at my friend's shadow in the photo. It appears to be going back slightly to the right of him. The figure in the back should have the same shadow, but it doesn't!"

It all makes sense. I am clearly in the wrong for mocking what is such a credible photograph. PROOF!!11!!

SuperJohn96 said:
And years ago, when my sister was in high school, she was walking home from her friend's house at night, and she said an orb of light floated in front of her, hovered, and then floated away. She was so spooked, she ran home to call her boyfriend, but couldn't get through right away b/c the line was busy. After a couple of tries, our phone rings, and her boyfriend is on the line. Before she can get a word out, he says, "You'll never guess what just happened! I was walking home and a ball of light floated in front of me, I stopped, the light stopped, and then floated away."
So your sister was out with her boyfriend and reported seeing "balls of light"?

SuperJohn96 said:
Funny, but FTR, they were not together that night. He was at his friend's and she was at her friend's houses, and they saw the balls (of light) separately.

SuperJohn96 said:
Funny, but FTR, they were not together that night. He was at his friend's and she was at her friend's houses, and they saw the balls (of light) separately.
Bags of sand.

SuperJohn96 said:
Bags of sand.
I laughed and I don't even get it. I think maybe it was a ghost.

SuperJohn96 said:
Bags of sand.
:wub:

Users who are viewing this thread