What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I want to buy a Honda Pilot (BOUGHT Acura Integra ASpec-Tech) tomorrow.... (1 Viewer)

I just didn't like the way 16 looks all rounded off in style. I like a box shape better. I LOVE the navigation and my kids (10-6) live the DVD with wireless headsets. Makes for a quiet ride also. I need to figure out the Bluetooth password still. Anyone know if its generic?

I just didn't like the way 16 looks all rounded off in style. I like a box shape better. I LOVE the navigation and my kids (10-6) live the DVD with wireless headsets. Makes for a quiet ride also. I need to figure out the Bluetooth password still. Anyone know if its generic?
You have to link with a device, instruction manual is your friend.

You have to link with a device, instruction manual is your friend.
"If I wanted to read, I'd go to school Bevis."

Anyone have remote start added to their Pilot?
I added it but didn't go with the manufacturer remote start, the honda dealer recommended aftermarket. Typically when I buy a new car I get the deal to where I'm happy with it and then I tell them add remote start and we have a deal. Can't live without remote start in upstate ny.

Jeez are they kidding me with that New Pilot design????

I like Honda and was looking forward to a new design but, #### like a bigger CRV

Not sure if this is the place to ask, but any advice on the buy new vs buying a few years old question? Wife and I are actually looking at a Toyota RAV4, not the Pilot, but the math is likely similar.

Brand new (according to truecar) would be in the ~25-26k range, but 0% interest for up to 60 months. This way we'd get exactly what we want, and not have to worry about how it was treated prior to us.

New (2012 specifically) would be ~17-18k for what we're looking for, but rates in the 2.25-2.75 range anywhere from 36-60 months - and you get whatever's on the (certified) used lot.

Number crushing says the difference is ~60-70 a month. What other additional fees and taxes should I be on the look out for? Thanks for any tips you may have!

Jeez are they kidding me with that New Pilot design????

I like Honda and was looking forward to a new design but, #### like a bigger CRV
Don't like it either. Looks like a smaller, rounder version. Went with a 2013 Pilot Touring DVD Nav with 25K miles. Already had a 2011 EX 4x4, so we're a 2 Pilot home now.

I like the Pilot. Anyone try a Enclave?
my sister in law had huge problems with the enclave including it burning up on the side of the highway. I mean, the whole car, not just a little fire. She.liked it and bought another one that almost died on her in the third day she had it.

I like the Pilot. Anyone try a Enclave?
My parents have had an enclave for years, 150k+ on it with minimal problems. The only issue I recall was that the tires were insanely expensive.

I considered one but thought they were overpriced. The second row captains chairs are nice and it rides like a dream.

Otis tell me more about the Tahoe / Yukon. 2015? What trim? Average MPG?
2015. Denali with all the extras. MPG sucks but the engine is wonderful (it's the same one as in the Escalade), really pulls even for such a big vehicle.

I wish we hadn't gotten navi, it was all the missus, I use google maps on my phone more often than not.

A great and comfortable truck with plenty of space.

Gracias. I need to go test one out. I really would like the room of a Sequoia or Tahoe / Yukon but I like the practicality and MPG of the Pilot.

We currently have a 4runner and that thing is great expect for the horrible ride (truck frame) and MPG.

FWIW, I spoke to the owner of Fighting Chance (reference AcerFC's thread on buying cars) and he said there won't be any deals for another month or two. Reconfirmed that if I can wait til the end of the year, buy in late December...which I will be doing.

:thumbup:

FWIW, I spoke to the owner of Fighting Chance (reference AcerFC's thread on buying cars) and he said there won't be any deals for another month or two. Reconfirmed that if I can wait til the end of the year, buy in late December...which I will be doing.

:thumbup:
Good too know. Thanks.

Sorry, haven't read the whole thread, and search sucks, so I'm asking this here.

What are the cargo dimensions of a 2004 Honda Pilot when the 2nd row and 3rd row are flat? I don't need the volume. That's all I can find online. I need to know if I can fit something that measures 66" x 36.25" x 12". TIA

2016s are out and getting good reviews so far - http://www.thecarconnection.com/overview/honda_pilot_2016

Pretty sure we're going to get one, but are deciding which package. A few questions for those who have 3 row vehicles and/or Honda Products:

1. How crucial are captain seats? We only have 2 kids, so using the 3rd row will be minimal. Honda has introduced the "one touch push button" for the 2nd row to slide up that looks pretty slick.

2. Is Navigation necessary since most people have phones?
1) Probably not crucial.

2) Navigation is a complete waste of money. Phone FTW imo
Correct me if I'm wrong, (it's FFA, so I know you will ;) ) but I would think that buying the navigation on the car would be better for 2 reasons:

1) Not using data on your phone, I know data is getting cheaper, but...

2) Assuming the navigation on the car is GPS, it should be available everywhere. If you are using your phone and you go outside the cellular zone, the your navigation stops working. On my trip around the country this summer, we ran outside of cellular often, and thankfully we had an old-style GPS with us in our rental.

I dont think you use data when using waze. I tested this by turning on airplane mode and it still picked me up on the map and got me to where I needed to go. No idea is this was blind luck but .....

I dont think you use data when using waze. I tested this by turning on airplane mode and it still picked me up on the map and got me to where I needed to go. No idea is this was blind luck but .....
Found this interesting, and in typical FFA fashion, didn't believe it at first ;) , so I googled it and found lots of people supporting this, not that Waze used no data, but that it used very little.

Here is a page with some responses to a question about Waze data use.

2016s are out and getting good reviews so far - http://www.thecarconnection.com/overview/honda_pilot_2016

Pretty sure we're going to get one, but are deciding which package. A few questions for those who have 3 row vehicles and/or Honda Products:

1. How crucial are captain seats? We only have 2 kids, so using the 3rd row will be minimal. Honda has introduced the "one touch push button" for the 2nd row to slide up that looks pretty slick.

2. Is Navigation necessary since most people have phones?
1) Probably not crucial.

2) Navigation is a complete waste of money. Phone FTW imo
Correct me if I'm wrong, (it's FFA, so I know you will ;) ) but I would think that buying the navigation on the car would be better for 2 reasons:

1) Not using data on your phone, I know data is getting cheaper, but...

2) Assuming the navigation on the car is GPS, it should be available everywhere. If you are using your phone and you go outside the cellular zone, the your navigation stops working. On my trip around the country this summer, we ran outside of cellular often, and thankfully we had an old-style GPS with us in our rental.
Google maps doesn't use much data either and it also use GPS and is updated with traffic and road issues.

Love my 2015 SE minus when my tire blew out on my way to Chicago. The nearest honda dealer didn't have a replacement and my parents (also on the way to chicago) brought one from home (3 hrs).

Love my 2015 SE minus when my tire blew out on my way to Chicago. The nearest honda dealer didn't have a replacement and my parents (also on the way to chicago) brought one from home (3 hrs).
Does it have one of those toy car spares? I hate that.

I'm shopping now for a used one to replace the crv. It's just too small for 2 kids.

Does it have one of those toy car spares? I hate that. I'm shopping now for a used one to replace the crv. It's just too small for 2 kids.
Yeah, not full size so we would have had to driven 45 mins to Indy on the tiny thing or wait a day.

I still love my 2015 Touring. I need to find out how to get more of those wireless DVD headphones for it though.

johnnyrock62000 said:
Getting the new 2016 Honda Pilot Elite. Thing looks awesome.
Does it really? I'm trying to get over the looks b/c I know it's a great car.....

Still think the designer should be fired - looks like they took a CRV and an Odessy and used a computer program to come up with something in the middle..... Very Mini-Van looking to me.

I always thought Hondas' had significant more road noise than most others. We have an '08 Pilot which we will be replacing next year. It has been great except for the road noise.

I always thought Hondas' had significant more road noise than most others. We have an '08 Pilot which we will be replacing next year. It has been great except for the road noise.
my 2014 pilot is soooooooooooooooo much quiter than my 2008 trailblazer was.

johnnyrock62000 said:
Getting the new 2016 Honda Pilot Elite. Thing looks awesome.
Does it really? I'm trying to get over the looks b/c I know it's a great car.....

Still think the designer should be fired - looks like they took a CRV and an Odessy and used a computer program to come up with something in the middle..... Very Mini-Van looking to me.
I meant awesome considering all the features, which are extensive. I do like the looks, but I'm not super giddy about it. The Pilot now looks substantially like every other 3-row car-based SUV, but based on what I've read it blows them away. I wasn't a fan of the previous boxy design. Some loved it and are pissed.

dino259 said:
Phil Elliott said:
Wow. Tough to believe a car that's six years newer than another would be any more quiet.

Last edited by a moderator:
I still love my 2015 Touring. I need to find out how to get more of those wireless DVD headphones for it though.
What other vans did you look at before purchasing? We have a 2005 Touring (160K+), and it's nearing the end (will miss no car payments!! ;) )

Got my new Pilot. Look at me. In case anybody was considering one and had questions.
What model? What did you end up paying? Was there any negotiation room? I've heard they're selling everything that comes off of the line,so the buyer has little leverage
You are correct. Paid sticker and had to put money down for one the dealer was allocated before it was even built. 2016 Honda Pilot Elite

Got my new Pilot. Look at me. In case anybody was considering one and had questions.
What model? What did you end up paying? Was there any negotiation room? I've heard they're selling everything that comes off of the line,so the buyer has little leverage
You are correct. Paid sticker and had to put money down for one the dealer was allocated before it was even built.2016 Honda Pilot Elite
Ouch. How long did the whole process take from the time you put the money down? Did they have any financing deals?

why did you get rid of such a new trailblazer? wreck?

My 04 is still kicking butt and racking up miles trouble free.

Bought a new accord for a work car this weekend from a no haggle place.

Best experience ever buying a car. Called other dealerships while I was there, they all acknowledged they couldn't beat the prices.. although one offered to match and throw in floor mats and hats for my kids. :lol:

I have an '04 GMC Envoy and will be glad to upgrade hopefully sometime soon
How many miles do you have on your '04?

I've got 138 on my Trailblazer... other than my electronics panel failing, the water pump failing (twice), and the brakes needed to be rebuilt it's been trouble free... just routine maintenance. Great overall car other than the horrible MPG... but it's got the towing power today's wimpy SUV's don't

Bought a new accord for a work car this weekend from a no haggle place.

Best experience ever buying a car. Called other dealerships while I was there, they all acknowledged they couldn't beat the prices.. although one offered to match and throw in floor mats and hats for my kids. :lol:
What place is no haggle

Users who are viewing this thread