What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

IDP dynasty rankings - CB (1 Viewer)

onionsack

Footballguy
1. Antoine Winfield MIN

2. Charles Tillman CHI

3. Brandon Flowers KC

4. Patrick Peterson ARI

5. Cortland Finnegan TEN

6. DeAngelo Hall WAS

7. Leon Hall CIN

8. Charles Woodson GB

9. Aqib Talib TB

10. Terrell Thomas NYG

11. Cedric Griffin MIN

12. Joe Haden CLE

13. Tracy Porter NO

14. Chris Gamble CAR

15. Antoine Cason SD

16. Johnathan Joseph HOU

17. Tramon Williams GB

18. Devin McCourty NE

19. Jason McCourty TEN

20. Dunta Robinson ATL

21. Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie PHI

22. Prince Amukamara NYG

23. Richard Marshall ARI

24. Brent Grimes ATL

25. Kyle Wilson NYJ

26. Chris Cook MIN

27. Eric Wright DET

28. Brandon Carr KC

29. Captain Munnerlyn CAR

30. Tim Jennings CHI

31. Alterraun Verner TEN

32. Jimmy Smith BAL

33. Josh Wilson WAS

34. Ras-I Dowling NE

35. Aaron Williams BUF

36. Nate Clements CIN

37. A.J. Jefferson ARI

38. Leodis McKelvin BUF

39. Stanford Routt OAK

40. Leigh Bodden NE

41. Marcus Gilchrist SD

42. Marcus Trufant SEA

43. Darrelle Revis NYJ

44. Lardarius Webb BAL

45. Kelvin Hayden ATL

46. Jerraud Powers IND

47. Antonio Cromartie NYJ

48. Cary Williams BAL

49. Vontae Davis MIA

50. Ronde Barber TB

51. Kareem Jackson HOU

52. Terrence Newman DAL

53. Jabari Greer NO

54. Jacob Lacey IND

55. Jason Allen HOU

56. Champ Bailey DEN

57. Javier Arenas KC

58. Rashean Mathis JAX

59. Terrence McGee BUF

60. Bradley Fletcher STL

61. Greg Toler ARI

62. Asante Samuel PHI

63. Bryant McFadden PIT

64. Carlos Rogers SF

65. Aaron Ross NYG

66. Derek Cox JAX

67. Drayton Florence BUF

68. Ike Taylor PIT

69. Nnamdi Asomugha PHI

70. Ronald Bartell STL

71. Patrick Robinson NO

72. Phillip Buchanon WAS

73. Quentin Jammer SD

74. Myron Lewis TB

75. Asher Allen MIN

76. Mike Jenkins DAL

77. Walter Thurmond SEA

78. Sean Smith MIA

79. Shawntae Spencer SF

80. Kevin Thomas IND

81. Sheldon Brown CLE

82. Justin Tryon IND

83. Chris Johnson OAK

84. Darius Butler NE

85. D.J. Moore CHI

86. Curtis Brown PIT

87. Brandon Harris HOU

88. Chris Owens ATL

89. Dimitri Patterson CLE

90. Orlando Scandrick DAL

91. Ryan Mouton TEN

92. Kelly Jennings CIN

93. Chris Houston DET

94. Benny Sapp MIA

95. Brandon Browner SEA

96. Tarell Brown SF

97. Corey Webster NYG

98. Domonique Foxworth BAL

99. Zachary Bowman CHI

100. Sam Shields GB

101. Dominique Franks ATL

102. Alphonso Smith DET

103. Morgan Trent CIN

104. Alan Ball DAL

105. Andre Goodman DEN

106. Chris Culliver SF

107. DeMarcus Van Dyke OAK

108. Johnny Patrick NO

109. Shareece Wright SD

110. William Gay PIT

111. Curtis Marsh PHI

112. Jerome Murphy STL

113. Drew Coleman JAX

114. Corey Graham CHI

115. Maurquice Cole NYJ

116. David Jones JAX

117. Al Harris STL

118. Fabian Washington NO

119. Jarrett Bush GB

120. Cassius Vaughn DEN

121. Joshua Moore CHI

122. Trumaine McBride NO

123. Jonathan Wilhite DEN

124. Terrence Wheatley JAX

125. Kyle Arrington NE

126. Tramaine Brock SF

127. Kevin Barnes WAS

128. Adam Jones CIN

129. Justin King STL

130. Dante Hughes SD

131. Joe Burnett NYG

132. Travis Daniels KC

133. Michael Adams ARI

134. Jonathan Wade CIN

135. Davon House GB

136. Nolan Carroll MIA

137. Joselio Hanson FA

138. Chris Carr BAL

139. Leigh Torrence NO

140. Keenan Lewis PIT

141. Patrick Lee GB

142. E.J. Biggers TB

143. Bruce Johnson NYG

144. Richard Sherman SEA

145. Josh Thomas CAR

146. R.J. Stanford CAR

147. Buster Skrine CLE

148. Anthony Gaitor TB

149. Jeremy Ware OAK

150. Quincy Butler NO

151. Syd’Quan Thompson DEN

152. Terrence Johnson IND

153. Chimdi Chekwa OAK

154. Crezdon Butler ARI

155. Donald Strickland NYJ

156. James Dockery CLE

157. Antwaun Molden NE

158. Coye Francies CLE

Last edited by a moderator:
Antoine Winfield at the age of 34 is just way too old to have as the top corner. He's a solid redraft guy, but I don't think you want your top dynasty corner at 34. I'd much rather Haden, Verner, etc. over Winfield in dynasty at this point.

Jerrod Powers and Jacob Lacey look too low to me. They're playing in a Tampa 2 scheme and should get a boat load of tackles. Both of those guys aren't getting a terrible amount of press right now and seem to be nice value plays.

Demarcus Van Dyke I have ranked a bit higher. He's already impressing and Chris Johnson is terrible.

I'll tell you, I love Captain M -- still think he's too low. He's in a position battle, but if he wins it and holds it... he played nicely last season.

161 players deep is tremendous.

Antoine Winfield at the age of 34 is just way too old to have as the top corner. He's a solid redraft guy, but I don't think you want your top dynasty corner at 34. I'd much rather Haden, Verner, etc. over Winfield in dynasty at this point.Jerrod Powers and Jacob Lacey look too low to me. They're playing in a Tampa 2 scheme and should get a boat load of tackles. Both of those guys aren't getting a terrible amount of press right now and seem to be nice value plays.Demarcus Van Dyke I have ranked a bit higher. He's already impressing and Chris Johnson is terrible.I'll tell you, I love Captain M -- still think he's too low. He's in a position battle, but if he wins it and holds it... he played nicely last season.161 players deep is tremendous.
:goodposting: As I mentioned in one of the other threads, I tend not to take age into account so much with the defensive backs since it is so absurdly easy to find perfectly serviceable starters in the bonepile every year at both CB and S. Winfield is still arguably the best tackling CB in the league, and provides steady solos year in year out, week in and week out. I like that type more than boom/bust CBs that give you one big week followed by several anemic ones. The Indy CBs should definitely be higher given the scheme, although I'm not sold on their talent, particularly Lacey. It's entirely possible Justin Tryon starts over him and I'm waiting to see how the depth chart shakes out before moving one or the other up. You mentioned Verner, as well: another guy who could be supplanted by McCourty and have a much reduced role. In general, I tend to rate talent over opportunity in the rankings. Thanks for your comments!ETA: forgot to mention Munnerlyn, as well...another smallish CB and mediocre talent who could be in a fantastically productive role. The only fear is that it will be short-term. I've got him in my top-30 right now, but that ranking could plummet if they bring in a veteran in the coming days.

Last edited by a moderator:
As I mentioned in one of the other threads, I tend not to take age into account so much with the defensive backs since it is so absurdly easy to find perfectly serviceable starters in the bonepile every year at both CB and S.
Yeah, that makes sense. I agree he's still the best tackling CB in the league. He could be making the switch to safety next year and you don't know when he's going to hang'em up.
The Indy CBs should definitely be higher given the scheme, although I'm not sold on their talent, particularly Lacey. It's entirely possible Justin Tryon starts over him and I'm waiting to see how the depth chart shakes out before moving one or the other up.
I don't disagree with the talent, though still think there a bit low regardless considering who's ranked ahead of them.
In general, I tend to rate talent over opportunity in the rankings.
I completely agree. Love the thread.

So I am new to IDP this year and have a CB question. All the talk during NFL's FA was about Nnamdi Asomugha being signed by Philly and how great he was. If he is so great, why then is he ranked so low in fantasy?

Is it because teams just don't throw his was?

Does he not blitz?

Nobody throws at him. Same thing for Revis. Hard to compile stats when there is so little opportunity. NFL != Fantasy.

So I am new to IDP this year and have a CB question. All the talk during NFL's FA was about Nnamdi Asomugha being signed by Philly and how great he was. If he is so great, why then is he ranked so low in fantasy?Is it because teams just don't throw his was?Does he not blitz?
Correct. To get stats, the ball must come their way. When a qb avoids players like Nnamdi, Revis, etc., it kills their fantasy value. Sometimes in IDP, reality is the opposite of fantasy worth.

Haden made a ton of good plays to get some passes defended this week. Pretty surprising that teams continue to look his way so much. I really thought last year he got thrown at simply by virtue of being a rookie and this year he would transition into "too good for his own fantasy good" level. He's pretty close to the elite tier of CBs which scares me.

Users who are viewing this thread