What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

IDP Mock Draft (1 Viewer)

hey Caul, you timed out and are on the clock for your 2nd pick...we have a couple replacements waiting so try to pick on time if possible. also, let me know who you want for your timed out pick.

Damn Aaron, With this set up for at least predrafting this is ridiculous .......... Still hanging in though. Make it happen caul!!!!! ;)

Sorry boys, i know this isnt the first time I timed out but this time I have a legit excuse. Internet has been totally down last 2 days, and this mock is flying fast enough that thats all it takes for me to time out.

Sorry boys, i know this isnt the first time I timed out but this time I have a legit excuse. Internet has been totally down last 2 days, and this mock is flying fast enough that thats all it takes for me to time out.
alright, no problem. let me know who you want with your picks though...one of the guys you told me to pick for you has already been taken.

:sleep: some of these guys that don't hang around in here,, or have unreliable internet connections need to make use of the predraft function..... so the rest of us don't have to suffer :sleep:

caul has taken Tommy Maddox and Dwight Freeney...I'll update the league site.

Last edited by a moderator:
wrightstatekevin timed out and I gave him Rhonde Barber, the highest ranked player according to the draft dominator using FBGs projections. I'll do the same from now on if people time out but don't always count on it being a quality player.

3 picks timing out in a couple days is a problem. If you can no longer participate, let me know and I'll gladly find a replacement. Otherwise, let's try and predraft as much as possible to keep this thing moving.

alright, wrightstatekevin has timed out on 2 consecutive picks and I've decided to replace him.The new owner will be checking in shortly and making his selection.Also, the MFL website appears to be down at the moment so feel free to post your picks here to keep this draft moving.

I'm taking over wrightstatekevin team. The site is down now. As soon as I get up to speed her, I'll make a pick. :cool:

yes it is...5 missed picks in the last couple rounds.come on guys...let's get this thing moving again. please predraft if you can't check in often.

Now we're waiting for Aaron??? I though we all were going to start using predraft now?? :rant:
sorry to make people wait...but there is a 10-hour clock for a reason.I've been using the predraft feature as much as possible. The draft picked up speed though and I was pretty busy earlier today so I didn't have time to set up my list. I'm usually around when my pick comes up anyway, but I went out tonight and the draft got stuck on my pick.Anyway, with at least 5 picks timing out in the past few rounds, the draft lost quite a bit of momentum. Hopefully, it will pick up again soon. I'll predraft more in the future and encourage others to do the same.

caul...you timed out on two picks. please let me know who you want or post it here.let's get this thing finished, we're almost done. please predraft if you can.

alright, caul is MIA so I gave him Adam Vinatieri and Derek Smith (LB, 49ers) as they were the 2 highest rated players at PK and LB which were positions he needed help at.Let's try to get this draft finished.

Thanks for keeping it going Aarron.. It has really slowed down. It's been an eye opener for me though. I know now just how crappy my dynasty team is, by comparing it to this team that I just drafted in this mock draft. I bought a "used" dynasty team 2 years ago and the guy must not have done a very good job managing it, because I feel like I'm just treading water in that league, for every player I replace another one stops producing. I may have to bail out on the league. Here's my roster if your curious..My Dynasty league team:QB's Manning, VickRb's Portis, Garner, Duckett, WellsWr's Jimmy Smith, Thrash, Corey Bradford, Reggie Wayne, Deion Branch, Tony Gonzalez.Kicker WilkinsTeam SFDL Trevor PryceLB Jay Forman, Joey Porter, Roman PhiferDB Micheal Green, Eric BrownIn Comparison, here's my MOCK draft so farQB Manning, PlummerRB McAllister, Thomas Jones, Duce StaleyWR Terrel Owens, Jimmy Smith, Keyshwan Johnson, Todd PInkston, Wayne ChrebetKicker Jay FreeleyTeam N/aDL John HEndersonLB Urlacher, Eric Barton, Jay ForemanDB Sammy Knight, Rod Woodson, Tank WilliamsLooks like the only positions I'm stronger in my dynasty league is QB and RB. I'd definately take the mock draft team over the one I have in the dynasty league.. I have to drop 5 by the 17th of this month,, I'm thinking I'll drop Wells, Pryce, Brown, Phifer and S.F.

For what it's worth, I like your dynasty team better than your mock team.The weaknesses on your dynasty (WR, LB) are much easier to replace via free agency/trades than the weaknesses on your mock (RB, TE). Both teams are pretty average in DL and DB, the two positions that are easiest to upgrade via free agency.I would seriously consider trading one of Manning or Vick for a top WR and getting a lesser backup QB from somewhere. Unless you start 2 QBs of course.

Agreed. Your dyansty team isn't that bad. You shouldn't have too much trouble picking up some rookies, or other youngsters to develop it into a winner. On the other hand your mock team is a perfect example of why not to jump on IDP too early. The Urlacher pick has caused your offense to be weaker than average and you would be hard pressed to make the playoffs. If the Staley sitiuation continues to drag out you don't even have a 2nd RB to start.

Skyrattlers and Dragons, I appreciate your opinions,, but i'll have to disagree with the both of you. This mock team is head and shoulders above that of my dynasty league, I'd trade teams in a hot minute! 1) The weakness of my Dynasty team is WR's. They take 4 years to develop from college. Unless they are a moss type/2) Everyone in my league is savvy and knows the value of WR's, no one is trading them. I currently have Vick and Manning on the trading board for a top ten WR and no one is biting,,, I don't expect them to either. 3) Our rosters are 20 of which we start 1-QB, 3-WR'S OR TE'S, 1-RB, 1-WR,TE OR RB, 1-PK, 1-TM, 1-DB, 1-DL, 1-LB, ONE FLEX DEF PLAYER USUALLY A LB. That's 12 starters leaving 8 on the bench. Plenty of room to stash talent. which means the only free agents are of the northcutt, moss(NYJ), smith(car) caliber. 4)I wished I was strong at WR and weak at RB like my MOCK team.. That I can recover from. RB's get hurt often, which opens up free agency. They come out of college and instantly dominate (see clinton portis). I am probably 2-3 years from competing in that league, hopefully portis does not get hurt in that time. Which leads me to contemplate throwing in the towel and just playing the redraft league at work. Anyway,, enough whinning about my team.. :yucky: I just have to make up my mind whether or not to keep throwing money at this team... I'm starting to know what Paul Allen feels like with the Seahawks.. :angry:

What pick do you have in the rookie/FA draft?
oh yeah, I didn't mention that. Probably the biggest screwup I made last year. If you can remember last year about this time there was alot of hype about Vick,, but he wasn't yet rated a high pick. So,, I traded my 1st round draft pick this year and Brad Johnson for Payton Manning. Looking back,, it was an idiotic trade. Because I did bad enough to get a 2nd over all pick. So my first pick will be 14th Overall!! I'm screwed :bag:

I'll be leaving on vacation this afternoon. I have tried to pre-rank my last few picks. However, if my lists run out, I have given my brother, hxperson, authority to select someone for me.Thanks guys, it was fun.

radballs asked me to pick for him so he got the top DL according to FBG - Chris Hovancaul hasn't been around in awhile so I made his picks for him:he needed a 3rd QB so I gave him Chris Redman, the highest QB on the board.he needed help at RB so I gave him Dorsey Levens, the highest RB on the board.Thanks for being patient...hopefully we can get this thing finished.

alright, I'm trying to get this thing over with because this is just taking way too long.I made 2 picks for chtrich after giving him plenty of time to make the picks himself: Brad Scioli and LaBrandon Toefield.

alright, I'm trying to get this thing over with because this is just taking way too long.I made 2 picks for chtrich after giving him plenty of time to make the picks himself: Brad Scioli and LaBrandon Toefield.
You may as well make Caul's picks too... His average pick time is 5 hours.. he's the slowest out of the bunch and didn't make his last two picks.

You may as well make Caul's picks too... His average pick time is 5 hours.. he's the slowest out of the bunch and didn't make his last two picks.
done...I gave him Doug Johnson to back up Vick, and Rob Morris the highest LB available according to FBG projections.BTW, hxperson I can make a pick for you or you can let me know who you want for your missed pick.EDIT: hxperson told me to pick for him and I gave him Mikhael Ricks

Aaron, are you still going to set this up as a survival league?? I'm more than a little curious so see how it turns out...

Guys, I'll have the website up tonight or tomorrow for scoring. I run the Message Board Survicor Leagues, so one more won't be an issue.Like the others I will post the Bootees here, and a link to the website with the detailed scoring elsewhere.I do need the last Timed Out picks though, if any pick at all.

Guys, I'll have the website up tonight or tomorrow for scoring. I run the Message Board Survicor Leagues, so one more won't be an issue.Like the others I will post the Bootees here, and a link to the website with the detailed scoring elsewhere.I do need the last Timed Out picks though, if any pick at all.
Thanks Twilight!I think the draft list at the beginning of this thread is accurate.Also, this page has all the rosters listed by team: IDP Surivor RostersLet me know if you need anything else.

Sorry for the delay, but Rosters and scoring will be here at my FFPLACE.

As I said above, I will post weekly bootings here. 1 each week for the 1st 6 weeks, then 1 every other week.

Any questions or notice a mistake, let me know.\

GL all

Hey Twilight, thanks for setting up the league. I was just checking my roster and I noticed a mistake. You have Ernie Conwell on my roster who I did not draft and you are missing Dat Nguyen. Thanks.

Good stuff, twilight. Makes me wish I had paid more attention to this draft
Yeah we wished you would have too... ;) Average wait time for picks:hxperson 2 hours, 24 minutes (30 picks)

Users who are viewing this thread