What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

IDP Sleeper of the year (1 Viewer)

-OZ-

Footballguy
Old news, but are people even aware that Eric Crouch is playing Safety in Europe, on a Chiefs contract?

It's where all Nebraska's option QBs should be...Scott Frost played pretty well for the Jets...Jammal Lord is holding on to a Practice squad slot with the Texans, they seem to thinks he's got some potential at the position.Crouch, assuming he's "ready" to play, could be a decent player as well. Who knows. That's what NFLE is all about.

Crouch, assuming he's "ready" to play, could be a decent player as well. Who knows. That's what NFLE is all about.
See Matthew Hatchette for further proof.

Crouch, assuming he's "ready" to play, could be a decent player as well.
That's an awfully big assumption. Are you sure he won't just up and quit again.Mark my words, Eric Crouch, if he doesn't quit again, will be the 4th or 5th safety on the depth chart come opening day and will get more special teams tackles than tackles on defense. He is a waste of a roster spot IMO, unless you have over 40 rosters spots to fill and, even then, he is a maybe.

Crouch, assuming he's "ready" to play, could be a decent player as well.
That's an awfully big assumption. Are you sure he won't just up and quit again.Mark my words, Eric Crouch, if he doesn't quit again, will be the 4th or 5th safety on the depth chart come opening day and will get more special teams tackles than tackles on defense. He is a waste of a roster spot IMO, unless you have over 40 rosters spots to fill and, even then, he is a maybe.
Hence the quotes around "ready." I'm not sure at all he's ready.As for rostering him? I would never. I merely meant that he could stick with the club. Special teams, XP holder, some trick-play stuff as an option QB around the goal-line or 4th & short scenarios.And I say that he's not worth rostering referring to a Zealot's 53-man roster! ;)

:cry: -- Chiefs Release Crouch --Wed Jun 22, 2005 --from FFMastermind.comThe Canadian Press reports the Kansas City Chiefs recently released S Eric Crouch, who was attempting to make the NFL club as a safety. After signing Crouch in the off-season, the Chiefs allocated him to NFL Europe so he could learn the ropes of his new position.

the titans are converting marcus randall (va tech QB) to a d-back - you can always replace crouch with him as the IDP sleeper of the year.

the titans are converting marcus randall (va tech QB) to a d-back - you can always replace crouch with him as the IDP sleeper of the year.
Marcus Randell was LSU's QB last year.

Marcus Randell was LSU's QB last year.
sorry i guess i got my randalls mixed up - bryan was the va tech guy - im pretty sure that it is marcus that is getting converted.

Here is a real sleeper. LeRoy Hill doesn't have a lot of competition to land the WLB job with Seattle. The Seahawks have shown some hesitation starting rookies, but it wouldn't surprise me if he got the job some time during the year.

Here is a real sleeper. LeRoy Hill doesn't have a lot of competition to land the WLB job with Seattle. The Seahawks have shown some hesitation starting rookies, but it wouldn't surprise me if he got the job some time during the year.
Nice little nugget in an otherwise FF-worthless thread (no offense, OZ :D )Hill is a very nice prospect, especially for 2006. But he will not be a major factor in 2005. I say this based SEA's decision-making last year with Boulware and Niko. Those guys were MUCH better than Bierria & Huff, and yet it took them 6-8 weeks (or more) to see the starting line-up. Holmgren & his Defensive coaching staff are obviously very leary of relying on rookies. I expect much of the same from Hill this season.

Users who are viewing this thread