What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

idp waiver week 2 (1 Viewer)

What's going on with Craig Robertson? Getting most of the snaps going forward with the Saints? When is Ellerbe due back? 

Last edited by a moderator:
What's going on with Craig Robertson? Getting most of the snaps going forward with the Saints? 
Ellerbee will be back soon.  I have no idea what will happen then.  Robertson has looked pretty good so far.  Ellerbee has put up decent stats when healthy (which is rare).

I'm an Ansah owner, and I was looking for a DE to replace him.  DET has several possibles, including Brandon Copeland, who played some LB for them, with all the LBs hurt.  Now, if DET had a bunch of LBs out, and DE is playing LB, that sounds like a great spot start, but I just don't believe DET will allow a DE to play nickel snaps vs the Pack, and Van Noy will go it looks like, so I am passing on him.

Looking elsewhere, I went looking at Dallas.  They're playing Chicago, adn Chicago made the Philly DEs look like Reggie White last week.

There's some interesting stuff here.  First, Jack Crawford.  He had a sack last week, and had 4 tackles.  But he has a bum shoulder, and while it looks like he will play, he lost snaps in the 2nd half to Benson Mayowa.  Mayowa is not a base DE, but a long outside pass rusher, and that's the type that killed CHI last week.  Mayowa might not play base snaps, but vs. Hoyer, and a banged up Alshon, give me the guy at RE for passing downs.  Mayowa played 80% week 1, and 50% week 2.  

Tyrone Crawford is their starting 3-tech, but DAL has depth at DT with Terrell McClain, Cedrick Thorton, and Maliek Collins.  So Crawford has been playing some DE, which is his college position.

So, this week, I am rolling with Tyrone Crawford at DT, and Mayowa as a DE, and hoping CHI O-line continues their bad play.  Mayowa got worked by Trent Williams last week, but CHI does not have Trent.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Bashaud Breeland with back-to-back impressive stat lines. Assuming that teams continue to pick on him, is he a starting-caliber DB?
Cornerback Bashaud Breeland and safety DeAngelo Hall both suffered injuries in the first half.

Breeland left with an ankle injury and was ruled out in the first quarter. Hall suffered a sprained right knee right before halftime and didn't return.

Cory James starting today.  Wow.  Raiders not happy with Heeney's game last week.  
Watching the box score only-- saw a few of his tackles were in the crucial part of the game. Forced a punt in the mid fourth with a 3rd and short stuff on DeMarco.  Any insight from somebody who watched James in his first game as a starter?

SeanTaylor21 said:
Watching the box score only-- saw a few of his tackles were in the crucial part of the game. Forced a punt in the mid fourth with a 3rd and short stuff on DeMarco.  Any insight from somebody who watched James in his first game as a starter?
Watched the game.  Wasn't concentrating on him solely, but was watching him.  

First, Ben Heeney almost didn't play at all.  I will check snap counts, but only time I saw him was when James got dinged up.  Henney came in for one play, and hit Mariota on a blitz actually.  So, James taking over was not just a wake up call to Heeney, which I thought was a slight possibility.  

Second, he played almost all downs, but I don't know how much he would play in dime snaps.  TEN had two backs on the field a lot, they don't give a lot of 4-wides looks.  

THe D was gashed on the ground in the 2nd half, nad he hd a good stat line.  Waiting to read more from the coach on the LBs.

Not necessarily a waiver wire add just yet.  Talking in a true IDP league, rookie LB Cory James in Oakland should be on your watch list.

Jack 'of the River' jumped in and benched Ben Heeney in the 4th quarter yesterday due getting beat over and over again. James had a great preseason and could be a mainstay if given the full opportunity.
Didn't expect today's type of output when I said this, but super glad I added him in the preseason to my dynasty IDP roster.

Users who are viewing this thread