What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

IDP's who return kicks (1 Viewer)

khask2

Footballguy
So my league has made some changes this year and added 3 IDP's (one DL,one DB, one flex); we're also adding points for return yards (25/1). I know of a few starting defensive players (Patrick Peterson, Lardarius Webb) who are in the backfield that regularly retutn kicks and punts. Are there any other starters that take on the roll? Kick and/or punt returns... Seems to be common for rookies, who by my calculations would have often accelled under the scoring system we are using for said backfield players. Anyone have any hunches about possible candidates for this year (Stephon Gilmore, maybe?).

Appreciate your time! Go Cubs!!

In your starting lineup setup:

Draft a DB with your very last pick... and that includes a dumb kicker.

Draft a stud DL before LB. LB is way deeper.

I don't have projected rookie kick returners, but I can show you fantasy stats from 2011 that includes pts for returns.

2011 Top 100 DBs

now compare that list to this for easy reference

2011 Top Returners

Last edited by a moderator:
So my league has made some changes this year and added 3 IDP's (one DL,one DB, one flex); we're also adding points for return yards (25/1). I know of a few starting defensive players (Patrick Peterson, Lardarius Webb) who are in the backfield that regularly retutn kicks and punts. Are there any other starters that take on the roll? Kick and/or punt returns... Seems to be common for rookies, who by my calculations would have often accelled under the scoring system we are using for said backfield players. Anyone have any hunches about possible candidates for this year (Stephon Gilmore, maybe?). Appreciate your time! Go Cubs!!
I play in return yardage IDP leagues as well.Don't chase those points. It ain't worth it. With so few IDP positions, you will find that the few players that start on D, and get return yardage points, are few and far between, and the return yardage won't make up for having a true IDP stud safety. If you must, a Daniel Manning or Tramon Williams are good bets, although Tramon is banged up, and Manning is a free safety, and gets less tackles.Return guys you want are the ones that return kickoffs, as punt return yardage it takes a few returns to get even one measly point for your player. And with the new kickoff rules, even your KO guys don't get the same yardage.Go to NFL.com. Get the stats for top return guys. Find the defensive players. Go though their game logs, and find out how many points you would have gotten in each game. You will not be impressed. Go get a Morgan Burnett, a Kam Chancellor, and let someone else chase the cornerbacks that return kicks, but only get 40 tackles a year.

Users who are viewing this thread