What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

If Alexander goes to Carolina. (1 Viewer)

Traders2001

Footballguy
He is a better receiver then Alexander, i think it would make the Hawks even better . He is also a leader ( Alexander was nt ) and he is not a soft player like Alexander.

I think Edge would even be better then he was in Indy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Beacuase if the Seahawks could afford Edge, then they could have afforded Alexander. The point in not signing Alexander would be to save money, and I doubt James will get much less than Alexander will.

Beacuase if the Seahawks could afford Edge, then they could have afforded Alexander. The point in not signing Alexander would be to save money, and I doubt James will get much less than Alexander will.
Can't see Edge in Seattle for the same reasons you point out.Assuming Seattle can't re-sign Alexander, I wonder if Jamal could become a consolation prize for them. He will come much cheaper than either Edge or Alexander, has a 2000 yard season under his belt, has a ton to prove, and is still fairly young.

With so many talented backs out there (draft included), and so many situations up in the air, it is shaping up to be a very interesting offseason already.

:goodposting: FFers dream of course, but if either leaves their team, the replacement will be a cheap veteran or a rookie. Personally, I'd love to see Ahman or S Davis hit either team, and they should be much cheaper.

If the Seahawks don't re-sign Alexander there is zero chance that Edge would be considered. They would consider Lewis but likely only offer a one year deal. What they probably will do is trade up to get Laurence Maroney in the twenties and then sign a veteran back who can share the load. Michael Bennett, Ahman Green, Deshaun Foster, Fred Taylor if he is released, etc. Either way they would likley draft a RB in the first three rounds and pair him with a vet. It would suck for fantasy (although Hasselbeck and the WRs numbers would go up) but the Seahawks would still be in good shape running the ball. I think that's what management has thought all along.

And the whole Carolina debate is really problematic since they would have a tough time giving him any more money than the Seahawks would. Anyway I trully believe that the Seahawks not Alexander are in control of this situation. Both parties know he's a good fit, Alexander's numbers will go down away from Seattle, and although they won't get production from any one player like they did from Alexander, they will still get RBBC production.

Last edited by a moderator:
They talked about Droughns as a replacement last year if Alexander were traded. Holgrem has a good eye for RBs and wont break the bank for James. If he's going to break the bank its for Alexander.

holmgren has a good eye for running backs? are you serious, this is the guy that let ahman green go in the first place. and probably would be sharing time between alexander and watters if he was still in the league. don't understand the hype with holmgren.

If the Seahawks don't re-sign Alexander there is zero chance that Edge would be considered. They would consider Lewis but likely only offer a one year deal. What they probably will do is trade up to get Laurence Maroney in the twenties and then sign a veteran back who can share the load. Michael Bennett, Ahman Green, Deshaun Foster, Fred Taylor if he is released, etc. Either way they would likley draft a RB in the first three rounds and pair him with a vet. It would suck for fantasy (although Hasselbeck and the WRs numbers would go up) but the Seahawks would still be in good shape running the ball. I think that's what management has thought all along.

And the whole Carolina debate is really problematic since they would have a tough time giving him any more money than the Seahawks would. Anyway I trully believe that the Seahawks not Alexander are in control of this situation. Both parties know he's a good fit, Alexander's numbers will go down away from Seattle, and although they won't get production from any one player like they did from Alexander, they will still get RBBC production.
I have no clue what you guys see in Maroney , i watched a few games and at the astart of the game i was anxious to see him play, but i was disappointed every time.He is nothing special , to me he should be a 3rd or 4th rounder.

My thoughts exactly. Besides, Edge wants to go to Florida, that is about as far away from Florida as you can get.

I heard on another board that Pittsburgh might be looking at Alexander. Kind of the ultimate slapdown on Seattle after winning the Superbowl.

I heard on another board that Pittsburgh might be looking at Alexander. Kind of the ultimate slapdown on Seattle after winning the Superbowl.
I think every team in the NFL has been linked to Alexander so far this off season. Pittsburgh is probably the least interested in my opinion. They will bring in a TJ Duckett type guy at best and let Parker, Staley and Haynes fight for the other positions.

I think if Seattle balks on a long term contract, Alexander becomes a Panther.

Users who are viewing this thread