What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

If you were the Vikings GM (1 Viewer)

Who would you rather have with all their issues, cap space, close suspensions etc. All things consid

• Jamal Lewis

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ricky Wlliams

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Blackjacks

Footballguy
I would rather have Ricky. I think he's more talented, cheaper and more dependable. I know, you'll laugh at dependable but whenever Ricky has been on the field he's always given it his all. Jamal has said that he didn't try as hard as he could last year. I'd always feel confident as long as Ricky was out there he's be playing hard. I really think the retirement had alot to do with Wandy running him into the ground.

Hmmmm...let's see now.

A drug smoker or a drug trafficker...

Decisions, decisions, decisions.

Can I have LT instead?

The General Manager in the Triangle of Authority in Minnesota has the least amount of power of the three.

Edited - I don't think either of these two backs interest Minnesota unless it only costs them a 6th or 7th round pick. Both are closer to 30 than to 20, have a load of carries and are not your versatile west-coast running back type; ala Roger Craig, Brian Westbrook, Edgar Bennett.

Last edited by a moderator:
plus, if you want to stay in ziggy wilf's good graces you (as GM) had better get a RB without the off-the-field issues

Edge > Alexander >>>>>> Ricky >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Lewis
Is LT somewhere on that scale of greater thans?
I'm guessing he's just ranking the RBs that are potentially available.

Agreed!!! Although I would stick Lendale White somewhere in there between SA and Ricky! :bye:

Alexander>>James>>>Lendale White>>>>>>>Duce Staley>>>>Chester Taylor>>>> Lewis>>>box of salt water taffy[unchewed]>>Ricky

Is LT somewhere on that scale of greater thans?
I'm guessing he's just ranking the RBs that are potentially available.
Yes.
Gotcha.In qb mode right now.

Sorry.

BTW...Lendale White is a badass. Stick him in there. Somewhere. Wherever. I don't really care where.

None of the above.
Agreed. Lewis and Williams are both power backs, and I don't think they'd fit right in the Minnesota offense and on turf.Lewis will want big $$ now, if not in the next year after proving he can still hack it. Not sure if the Vikings would want to go there now. Williams could be had cheaper, but there will ALWAYS be the question of loyalty and how much more he has in him.

After years of beatings, following the season off Ricky looked fresher and stronger than before. If he doesn't have to be the workhorse I believe that he can be an impact player once again. With the way that Saban used him and Brown last season he was able to run hard each time he was given the ball.

I hope we have a lot more Jamal Lewis-bashing threads..... keep em coming. I can't wait to draft a no.1 back in the 4th round....

You act like he's 57 years old. The guy was playing through an injury most of last year and his lead blocker and half his OL was banged up and/or out.

edit: I misread the topic.... neither of these guys are going to the Vikings. I thought you meant to the Vikings.

Yeah, Ricky would be much better... but they are going to bring in a bruising back to go with Fason/Moore.... hopefully LenDale White.... but we shall see.

Last edited:
Jamal Lewis. At least the dude will play out his freaking contract. I lost every ounce of respect I had for Ricky as a football player when he bailed on his team, then subsequently returned when it turned out he would need the money. And the stuff Lewis did is from when he was at Tennessee like 6 years ago. Kids make mistakes.

I'll take the passionate player that plays his ### off and takes relentless punishment over a guy that quits on his football team any day of the week.

Jamal Lewis. At least the dude will play out his freaking contract.
True. But lets also acknowledge he played out his contract with the disclaimer he was not happy and was not going to give it 100% on the field.

Jamal Lewis. At least the dude will play out his freaking contract. I lost every ounce of respect I had for Ricky as a football player when he bailed on his team, then subsequently returned when it turned out he would need the money. And the stuff Lewis did is from when he was at Tennessee like 6 years ago. Kids make mistakes.

I'll take the passionate player that plays his ### off and takes relentless punishment over a guy that quits on his football team any day of the week.
:goodposting:

Ricky Williams: Dope Smokin' Moron, Shoulda Gotta Whizzinatah.....

From ESPN.com news services:

Miami Dolphins running back Ricky Williams has violated the NFL's substance abuse policy for a fourth time and is facing a one-year suspension from the league, Denver television station KDVR reported on Sunday.

The Miami Herald, citing two sources of its own, confirmed the station's report that Williams has violated the policy, although neither source would say whether Williams had failed a drug test or if he had missed a required test, which also is a violation.

An NFL spokesman told ESPN that the NFL had no comment on the report.

Williams has tested positive for marijuana three times and served a four-game suspension when he returned to the NFL last season following a one-year retirement.

Dolphins coach Nick Saban told ESPN he was not aware that Williams had tested positive and he was not allowed to comment, citing the confidential nature of the league's substance-abuse policy.

Ricky Williams: Dope Smokin' Moron, Shoulda Gotta Whizzinatah.....

From ESPN.com news services:

Miami Dolphins running back Ricky Williams has violated the NFL's substance abuse policy for a fourth time and is facing a one-year suspension from the league, Denver television station KDVR reported on Sunday.

The Miami Herald, citing two sources of its own, confirmed the station's report that Williams has violated the policy, although neither source would say whether Williams had failed a drug test or if he had missed a required test, which also is a violation.

An NFL spokesman told ESPN that the NFL had no comment on the report.

Williams has tested positive for marijuana three times and served a four-game suspension when he returned to the NFL last season following a one-year retirement.

Dolphins coach Nick Saban told ESPN he was not aware that Williams had tested positive and he was not allowed to comment, citing the confidential nature of the league's substance-abuse policy.
Maybe Ricky can smoke O. Smiths wizzinator.

I would rather have Ricky. I think he's more talented, cheaper and more dependable

. I know, you'll laugh at dependable but whenever Ricky has been on the field he's always given it his all. Jamal has said that he didn't try as hard as he could last year. I'd always feel confident as long as Ricky was out there he's be playing hard. I really think the retirement had alot to do with Wandy running him into the ground.
:X :X :X

Last edited by a moderator:
Jamal Lewis [ 27 ] [26.73%]

Ricky Wlliams [ 74 ] [73.27%]
:own3d:
I still say at this point that Jamal Lewis has a value approximate to that of Ricky Williams.
Kind of an interesting notion considering that the Ravens are considering franchising him. You'd equate the value of Lewis to someone who may never play football again?

Jamal Lewis [ 27 ] [26.73%]

Ricky Wlliams [ 74 ] [73.27%]
I still say at this point that Jamal Lewis has a value approximate to that of Ricky Williams.
Kind of an interesting notion considering that the Ravens are considering franchising him. You'd equate the value of Lewis to someone who may never play football again?
Your comment speaks more to the stupidity of the ravens franchise than to the abilities of Jamal Lewis.

Jamal Lewis [ 27 ]  [26.73%]

Ricky Wlliams [ 74 ]  [73.27%]
I don't find it a weird notion at all. It seems pretty transparent to me the Ravens are only considering franchising Lewis because they believe it's the only way they can get anything of value for him. If another team signs him, they get two 1st rounders (which won't happen, but maybe someone will offer a 2nd). If they attempt to franchise him, they probably feel there is little risk because if Lewis is looking for a longer term deal he's almost certain not to sign the franchise tag. If so, they can remove it at any time if they get no takers.All that procedural BS doesn't mean people are overlooking Lewis' past, or feel he's productive enough to make his past a non-issue. He absolutely doesn't fit in with the Vikings if lapdancing is taboo.

Jamal Lewis [ 27 ]   [26.73%]

Ricky Wlliams [ 74 ]   [73.27%]
I don't find it a weird notion at all. It seems pretty transparent to me the Ravens are only considering franchising Lewis because they believe it's the only way they can get anything of value for him. If another team signs him, they get two 1st rounders (which won't happen, but maybe someone will offer a 2nd). If they attempt to franchise him, they probably feel there is little risk because if Lewis is looking for a longer term deal he's almost certain not to sign the franchise tag. If so, they can remove it at any time if they get no takers.All that procedural BS doesn't mean people are overlooking Lewis' past, or feel he's productive enough to make his past a non-issue. He absolutely doesn't fit in with the Vikings if lapdancing is taboo.
:goodposting:

Users who are viewing this thread