What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I'm sorry, but SAINTS-FALCONS? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Homer

Footballguy
Pittsburgh-Cincinnati, Indy-J-ville, 1 PM Sunday afternoon, ho-hum regional audience games.

Yeah, Vick and Bush are exciting, but jeez, this is nothing more than Post-Katrina back-slapping grand-standing by the NoFunLeague.

There are a lot of things to ##### about, so why don't you find one better than this? I, for one, will be glad to see the spotlight back on New Orleans' recovery. It doesn't get enough attention.

Last edited by a moderator:
There are a lot of things to ##### about, so why don't you find one better than this? I, for one, will be glad to see the spotlight back on New Orleans' recovery. It doesn't get enough attention.
So if Hoss's Holler, Mississippi had an NFL team, they should be hyped up the ying yang too? Does the GAME mean anything?

So if Hoss's Holler, Mississippi had an NFL team, they should be hyped up the ying yang too? Does the GAME mean anything?
Two division rivals that are 2-0 and feature, arguably, the 2 most exciting players in the NFL?

Two 2-0 teams playing on MNF in the city of New Orleans after the Katrina mess. Vick. Bush. No, I don't want to see that. Give me Jax and Pitt again. That 9-0 game last Monday night was a juggernaut.

This thread is useless.

Two 2-0 teams playing on MNF in the city of New Orleans after the Katrina mess. Vick. Bush. No, I don't want to see that. Give me Jax and Pitt again. That 9-0 game last Monday night was a juggernaut. This thread is useless.
I'd guess that the chances that BOTH these teams would be 2-0 going into this game based on their predicted finishes heading into the season would be about 150-1 (since the Saints had a creampuff schedule). The other 4 teams mentioned are all currently Super Bowl contenders and major division rivalries.A comparable example (based on last year's finishes): Would San Fran-St Louis be primetime worthy if some natural disaster hadn't occurred in one of those cities? Come on...

Two 2-0 teams playing on MNF in the city of New Orleans after the Katrina mess. Vick. Bush. No, I don't want to see that. Give me Jax and Pitt again. That 9-0 game last Monday night was a juggernaut. This thread is useless.
Okay, you want a time machine. At least you're easy to please. Face the facts, both Vick and Bush are huge draws to a large percentage of casual NFL viewers all around the country. That's the demographic that the league is pandering to because they have money that says you, me, and the rest of the degenerates here are gonna watch the game anyway. The league is also able to feature New Orleans' recovery, something that the city and the residents still need help with, regardless of how the general public would like to forget and move on. Given New Orleans' surprising start, I think it should be a good game. However, I'll be glad to watch even if it isn't.

I'd guess that the chances that BOTH these teams would be 2-0 going into this game based on their predicted finishes heading into the season would be about 150-1 (since the Saints had a creampuff schedule). The other 4 teams mentioned are all currently Super Bowl contenders and major division rivalries.A comparable example (based on last year's finishes): Would San Fran-St Louis be primetime worthy if some natural disaster hadn't occurred in one of those cities? Come on...
You're right, one below-average (in your opinion) football game is more important than the struggling recovery of an entire city (and coast, for that matter). Like I said originally, there are a lot of things to ##### about. I think you should find a better one.

Okay, you want a time machine. At least you're easy to please. Face the facts, both Vick and Bush are huge draws to a large percentage of casual NFL viewers all around the country. That's the demographic that the league is pandering to because they have money that says you, me, and the rest of the degenerates here are gonna watch the game anyway. The league is also able to feature New Orleans' recovery, something that the city and the residents still need help with, regardless of how the general public would like to forget and move on. Given New Orleans' surprising start, I think it should be a good game. However, I'll be glad to watch even if it isn't.
I was too lazy to search for the sarcasm smilie. I thought I laid it on pretty thick, though.

Vick is the man, watching him is like watching Barry Sanders. Other than the team I root for, there isn't a player/team I like watching more.

Vick is the man, watching him is like watching Barry Sanders. Other than the team I root for, there isn't a player/team I like watching more.
Well, then, I'd bet you're in for a REALLY big treat, coz IMO he's primed for a HUGE, HUGE individual performance against a very poor defense.

I was too lazy to search for the sarcasm smilie. I thought I laid it on pretty thick, though.
:lmao: My fault. You did lay it on pretty thick, I just had my blinders on. :loco:

My hope though is that if the game is a good one, they talk about the game and keep the post-Katrina dialog confined to pre-game and halftime.

So far our Monday night crew has a hard time keeping their focus on the field.

My hope though is that if the game is a good one, they talk about the game and keep the post-Katrina dialog confined to pre-game and halftime.So far our Monday night crew has a hard time keeping their focus on the field.
“What a great three yard run by Deuce McAllister. You know, his five of his priceless Rembrandt’s were slightly dampened when the privately chartered helicopter hired to airlift his valuables was delayed by onlookers struggling to climb aboard. He’s just such a gamer, what this entire team fought through to get back to football, it’s amazing."Seriously though, Bush and Vick are enough to get most people excited about the game, Katrina aside. And I really don't mind the nation giving a little more attention to a situation that really needs it for one night.

I hate the potentially political direction this game can take, but I don't think the matchup is one to complain about in light of their records. NO is looking much better (Yes they are playing creampuffs so far), but Atlanta has the appearance of being a contender 2-0 against two preseason super bowl possibilities. Pit and Jax were both on primetime already this year. Heck Pittsburgh has been on twice and I can't think of anything worse than another 4 hours of bigben/cowher/ward worship by the announcers anyway.

I think the ratings will show that this was a worthy matchup from a marketing perspective (which is really what TV cares about). Both Vick & Bush are national names, and the records & the Katrina tie-in only help (as if ESPN needs any more fuel for their hype machine). I have zero problem with this as the game selected for MNF.

Not to mention that there are issues of equity in regard to TV exposure. Every network would love to show IND and PIT games weekly, but the other teams deserve some exposure (this is the pro sport with the greatest parity, after all) and the League is going to mandate that.

If you don't like it, don't watch, and quit harshing my mellow. :mellow:

I think the ratings will show that this was a worthy matchup from a marketing perspective (which is really what TV cares about). Both Vick & Bush are national names, and the records & the Katrina tie-in only help (as if ESPN needs any more fuel for their hype machine). I have zero problem with this as the game selected for MNF.
From the posts he's made today, Homer obviously has a hard time realizing that things that don't appeal to him do, in fact, appeal to others.

This game is pure fluff for ratings. Do you really believe that this game would be on MNF if Katrina hadn’t happened? When was the last time a 3-13 team played the next year on MNF?

Sorry for the rant, but with incessant reporting on T.O’s every last breath, ESPN has really soured my perception of them. :rant:

On a fantasy note, I think Joe Horn might be in for a nice game. I’m calling 6 catches for 110 and 1 TD. :yes:

As a Sanders fan, please don't ever put Vick and Sanders in the same sentence again...Oh wait, I just did... :mellow:

Two 2-0 teams playing on MNF in the city of New Orleans after the Katrina mess. Vick. Bush. No, I don't want to see that. Give me Jax and Pitt again. That 9-0 game last Monday night was a juggernaut.

This thread is useless.
Just a quick FYI for you Homer, but the Ain'ts / Falcons are MAJOR division rivals and have been since the 60's. The Falcons are only 2 seasons removed from being a game away from the Super Bowl and are looking like legitimate contenders again. They're 2 & 0 overall but more importantly 2 & 0 in their division, with this game being ANOTHER divisional game. If they go up 3 & 0 in their division this early in the season, it's looking good for a play off berth for them.

Well, then, I'd bet you're in for a REALLY big treat, coz IMO he's primed for a HUGE, HUGE individual performance against a very poor defense.
Are you aware the Saints will be fielding a different team this year? They also have practise facilities not available a year ago in case you didn't know. People who think the '05 Saints have anything in common with this years model make me giggle.

Considering that less than a year ago there was talk of tearing the Dome down, not to mention questions about the viability and future of a major U.S. city, like it or not, this is a significant event in the country. There have been over 1,000 media credentials issued for the game, not just national but international as well. Add in the facts that: [1] both teams are 2-0; [2] it's a division rivalry; and [3] two of the most notable names in the NFL will share the field, this game DOES mean something. Kinda sad that anyone would really have to explain that to you.

As far as scheduling teams that had poor records in the previous season, I assume we'll be hearing from you as well about Green Bay (4-12 in 2005) playing twice, Oakland (4-12) twice, and the Jets (4-12) once on Monday night this year ?

Two division rivals that are 2-0 and feature, arguably, the 2 most exciting players in the NFL?
Seriously...Man, as a football fan, I can't wait to watch this one. I'm not sure it'll be much of a game, though.

This game is pure fluff for ratings. Do you really believe that this game would be on MNF if Katrina hadn’t happened? When was the last time a 3-13 team played the next year on MNF?

Well, next week Green Bay is on Monday night, so that will make 2 (4-12 is close enough) of the first 4 this year...

I don't know, but I'd look at the Lions when they had Barry. They were in prime time quite often, for the same reason these two teams could be over the next few years.

Pittsburgh-Cincinnati, Indy-J-ville, 1 PM Sunday afternoon, ho-hum regional audience games.Yeah, Vick and Bush are exciting, but jeez, this is nothing more than Post-Katrina back-slapping grand-standing by the NoFunLeague.
:thumbdown: :confused: Lame.

Pittsburgh-Cincinnati, Indy-J-ville, 1 PM Sunday afternoon, ho-hum regional audience games.Yeah, Vick and Bush are exciting, but jeez, this is nothing more than Post-Katrina back-slapping grand-standing by the NoFunLeague.
Why do you hate America?

:thumbdown: You're way off. Bush vs Vick is like Kobe vs Lebron as the public will just eat it up.

Ted Koppel? Shouldn't you joke that Wolf Blitzer would be there?

Wolf: "Just look at them out there. They're so rich. And so black...." :popcorn:

:goodposting:first game back

Well, next week Green Bay is on Monday night, so that will make 2 (4-12 is close enough) of the first 4 this year...
:goodposting: I was just about to look this up. Lots of squalling last year about completely meaningless MNF games last year. This one means a lot in several ways.

Most exciting MNF game this year so far IMO

There's been all sorts of useless MNF games since the dawn of MNF. I for one am very glad to see the NFL back in New Orleans and am excited about seeing the rebuilt stadium. I would love it if it's a competitive game altho it seems Atlanta is killing teams this year. Plus Pittsburgh and Jax were just on MNF last week so...Homers whining about a whole lotta nothing.At least the Saints aren't playing their first home game in Jersey against the Giants. But they painted the Saints logo on the field y'all!

:goodposting: Bush - Vick - Dunn - McAllister - Crumpler - Norwood - DeAngelo Hall - BrookingNot to mentions that both teams are 2-0 and ATL is looking like a SB contender this season.Probably not that fun to watch though?? :yes: :yes:

I don't know about that... Last week's was one of the best games I've watched in a long time, and I'm not a fan by any means of Pit, nor Jax.

I'm excited to see the game and I'm glad the NFL put the Saints Dome opener on the primetime schedule. But it's got 0 to do with Reggie Bush.

I'm excited to see the game and I'm glad the NFL put the Saints Dome opener on the primetime schedule. But it's got 0 to do with Reggie Bush.
:goodposting: Really, it has nothing to do with any individual athlete.We should all be grateful that this game is being, and can be played there. This fact alone warrants the spotlight.The fact that its turned into a very good week2 matchup with great talents playing in the game is just icing on the cake

SNF is the new MNF, and vice-versa. I have no problem with the game that's airing here, but don't like the this years MNF compared to last years MNF.

There's a real good chance that this will be a fun game to watch. The New Orleans stuff aside, I think putting Vick/Bush on national TV is a good move.

There might be better matchups this week, sure. So what? They have 17 Mondays to show a game, they can't show the same 8 teams every week. And I wouldn't want them to.

Really looking forward to this game. Would be cool if the Saints could pull out a victory.

I haven't had the chance to see either one of these teams play yet and am looking forward to it. Some things I want to see:

1) How good does Bush look in the open field against NFL players?

2) What does this new "option" look from the Falcons look like and how will NO try to stop it?

3) Can the Falcons keep up their record setting pace of rushing yards?

4) How many field goals will the Falcon's kicker miss this week? (assuming he still has his job)

5) How does Drew Brees look?

6) Who the heck is this Colston guy and is he here to stay?

And those are just the football things I will be looking for. Not to mention the further development of the MNF's new broadcast crew, the way the stadium looks and the post-Katrina status of New Orleans, which I have heard very little about lately.

The more I type, the more excited I am to watch the game.

:thumbdown: What a crummy topic to pick on. Those poor people have had nothing to rally around and Monday Night the spotlight will be on New orleans...the team is 2-0, have a hot rookie RB, are opening a stadium back up that was thought to have to maybe be condemned after the hurricane...Bless the people of NO...you don't take a potshot at something like this.Go Saints!!!

rowediggy said:
:thumbdown: You're way off. Bush vs Vick is like Kobe vs Lebron as the public will just eat it up.Ted Koppel? Shouldn't you joke that Wolf Blitzer would be there? Wolf: "Just look at them out there. They're so rich. And so black...." :popcorn:
:goodposting:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread