What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I'm starting Sammy Morris over _____ (1 Viewer)

smoker

Footballguy
Looks like fbgs are very high on Sammy this week.

Can I really start him over Turner, Reggie Bush, or FWP?

Curious to see who people are starting him over

PPR? No way I am going to start Morris over either, especially Bush. But maybe you're right, I just don't have the backbone.

I have to say I am taken aback by Dodds ranking of Sammy Morris this week. I am certainly mulling it over. Push Bush or Forte to the bench

Since I went TO, Brees, Boldin, and Jennings to start my draft I'm starting Morris with M. Turner this week.

Morris was one of many RBs that I drafted that with the hope they will give me a couple of good weeks.

I have to say I am taken aback by Dodds ranking of Sammy Morris this week. I am certainly mulling it over. Push Bush or Forte to the bench
I don't know that I would push Forte or Bush to the bench for Morris.I have LJ and Chris Perry as RB2 options, so this week Sammy looks really good for my team.

As of right now, starting Sammy over McFadden/M. Bush and Chet Taylor. May change my mind pregame.

big0mar said:
starting him over mcfadden and desean jackson
Oof. I have Desean in there over Sammy in non-ppr. Desean is a lock for close to 100 yds, and if he finally gets his TD ----- :goodposting:

Plus isn't Maroney back at practice and playing?
Maroney was present at practice but Yudkin has "on good authority" that it's unlikely he'll suit up. I'm taking his word for it.Playing? Obviously we won't know until Sunday :thumbup:

big0mar said:
starting him over mcfadden and desean jackson
Oof. I have Desean in there over Sammy in non-ppr. Desean is a lock for close to 100 yds, and if he finally gets his TD ----- :thumbup:
Best of luck to you if you think a rookie wideout is a lock for anything after 2 games...I'm a big DeSean Jackson fan but I'm not quite ready to pencil him in for 1500+ yards...

Dynasty League: Starting him over LT and Thomas Jones right now (in my flex position). The good news is that if I do change my mind, I can see how LT will be for Monday night, and still have a player to put into the game if he does not go.

I think Morris will have a good outing...

Starting him over Larry Johnson in one league, considering starting him over MJD in another (Not PPR) but haven't pulled the trigger on that one yet.

have jones-drew, deangelo williams, & sammy morris....considering benching williams. will be watching updates like a hawk til kickoff

Tenacious said:
Over LJ....not saying much I guess...
I was going back and forth between LJ and Morris, but with LJs hollaring this week about wanting the rock more I think they'll appease him and he'll have his one good game this season. Plus, I think Atlanta can be run on even with KC's horrid OL.

Duke1948 said:
thatguythere said:
Thinking about starting him over Steven Jackson or Reggie Bush.....but having a hard time pulling the trigger.
lame.....ACF forum
The only thing lame in this whole thread is your post. If FBG are going to allow it to be here just move along if you don't like. It wasn't a question, just an answer to the thread. Jeez, lighten up. BTW I do have the question posted in AC forum but all staggering intellectuals are in the SP playing internet cop.I've got Morris on the bench as of right now....

Maroney is expected to play today :confused:
Miami at New England: The Dolphins have lost seven of their last 10 games and they must run better (they have averaged 61 yards rushing in first two games) to stay with the Patriots. Of course, Miami OLB Joey Porter has ripped new Patriots starter Matt Cassel. Dolphins QB Chad Pennington's arm strength has hurt Ted Ginn Jr.'s game and don't be surprised, if the game is lost, if rookie QB Chad Henne takes the field. Pats RB Laurence Maroney (shoulder) is expected to play.

This is the only place I see that. I am going to what for Yudkin to chime in on this one.

In my TD-heavy league, where Maroney's presence won't make much of a difference, I'm starting Morris over J. Stewart, but mainly because of their respective matchups.

Starting him over Larry Johnson in one league, considering starting him over MJD in another (Not PPR) but haven't pulled the trigger on that one yet.
Luckily I went with my gut and played MJD, sneaking out a 1 point when in that league. I did start Morris over LJ in the other but would have lost regradless so no real harm.

Users who are viewing this thread