What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Impact of this Denver trade with the rookie rb's (1 Viewer)

Or Maroney....

Are they targeting White assuming he falls to 2.05 or Maybe they have more interest in Addai.....

Alittle birdie told me they want J.Norwood in the 3rd/4th but hey.....J/K but i think he fits there scheme.

I think this will shake up some rookie dynasty drafts...

Does this also mean 49ers will take D-Will? Sucks as im a Gore owner but Dwill sure wouldnt be as good as he could be in Indy/Denver....

Surely this will make for an interesting draft now!!

...or maybe they're willing to spend the 15th on a RB and wait for a WR in the 2nd?

We are talking about Denver... :rolleyes:

If they end up with Walker in a trade for a 2nd rounder, they no longer need a WR early in the draft. Perhaps they go RB with pick 15 or, more likely, they draft one in the 2nd round like Addai, etc...

People need to wake up from the wet dream that has White dropping into the 2nd round. Den could very well take Williams at 1.15 still. Personally, I think they will look to add a vet WR such as Walker via trade thus killing the WR talk for that pick. Lets face it, Shanny and Den are horrible at evaluation of WR talent in the draft. There are still very good RBs to be had in the 2nd, just not White. Calhoun would get my vote for the best fit, but I'm sure everyone has their fav.

Its denver. Your guess is as good as mine. I do think the scenario that has them getting 35 to include in a package for Walker is believable and would definitely put the RBs in play at 15. A first day RB is at least 50/50, and we know the history of the Denver RB carousel.

Not much impact. If they are really in love with a Williams or Maroney, they'd spend the 15 pick regardless because there is no insurance of either being there at 22. If they arent in love with one of them, they wouldnt have drafted a RB until later like they usually do.

No WR is worth the 15th pick or even the 22. By trading the 22, they could draft one at 37 or go after Walker. Maybe even wait until the third round.

... Does this also mean 49ers will take D-Will? Sucks as im a Gore owner but Dwill sure wouldnt be as good as he could be in Indy/Denver....

Surely this will make for an interesting draft now!!
Well Gore had surgery on BOTH shoulders and isn't due to be healthy till sometime during training camp. And then check out the following.http://www.gjsentinel.com/sports/content/s...s/0206bigc.html

.... Williams' play limited

There has been some talk since the Senior Bowl about the limited action of Memphis RB DeAngelo Williams both in the game and during practice. In the game, Williams carried the ball three times for 31 yards and had two receptions for 28 yards. In practice, it wasn't so much about the limited action but the time spent actually practicing with the team. with the seventh overall pick, or was this a mere case of a coaching Williams spent a significant amount of practice time working one-on-one with one of the 49ers' coaches.

Could this be an indication that the 49ers are looking to take the nation's leading rusher staff trying to protect a blue-chip prospect from injury?

Either way, teams in need of a running back saw all they needed to see out of Williams. He showed outstanding quickness, balance and vision. Williams is a tremendous cutback runner with a good burst, but must prove that he can be an effective inside runner.

Scouts are eager to see what Williams runs in the 40 because he looked more quick than fast. According to Williams, he hasn't been timed in the 40 in about three years.

Well we know how he performed in the forty.

Williams exploded into motion.

To watch him fly past two rows of scouts, at full speed, was to appreciate the violence of NFL football.

That's when the murmurs started, the scouts checking with one another to see who had what time.

Denton, with a 4.40 on his watch, was thrilled, but then other numbers started dominoeing back -- someone had a 4.36, someone else a 4.37 and the Packers scout had a 4.39.

"Bingo!" Denton said, giving a little pump of his fist.

When Williams' second run was hundredths slower, it was official -- Williams is heretofore known as a running back with 4.38 to 4.42 speed.

I think the Niners would definitely jump on De'Angleo if he is available with the #22 pick in the first round.

HOT!!...The Denver Broncos may be on the verge of acquiring Packers Wr Javon Walker after trading one of their two first round picks #22 to the San Francisco 49'ers for the Niners second round pick #37 and their third round pick #38...it's believed that the second round pick the Broncos acquired from the Niners will be sent to the Packers for Javon Walker...our 04/19 column explains what we were told on Tuesday about the Broncos intentions to acquire Walker but in a different scenario...see below.

04/19...Rumor rumblings....the rumors that the Houston Texans may pass on Reggie Bush and deal the first pick in the Draft have been picking up steam this week because the New York Jets appear very interested in Bush and held a mini private workout for the USC star on Tuesday...people close to the situation insist that the Jets are just "covering all the bases" but would be very interested in Bush if he somehow fell to them in the Draft...this may be true.. but we believe what we believed and stated all along...and that is that the Texans would really like to move out of the pick and take either DE Mario Williams or OT D'Brickashaw Ferguson a player that fills a bigger need for the team...stay tuned!...elsewhere...the Javon Walker trade rumors have also been picking up steam this week with the Eagles, Broncos and Niners being the teams showing the most interest...the most interesting nugget that we found out on Tuesday relating to Walker is the Broncos and Packers might be involved in a pre-draft trade (which could include Walker) with the Broncos sending the Packers both of their first round picks (#15 and #22) in exchange for the Packers fifth pick overall...according to the NFL trade chart both of the Broncos picks are worth about 1830 points while the Packers fifth pick overall is worth 1700 points...which would make Walker worth 130 points (or a late 3rd round pick) according to the trade chart...we feel that Walker should be worth at least a second round pick (if healthy) which would tip this deal in favor of the Broncos...we were told that it's likely that Walker will be dealt before the Draft because of Walkers contract situation and any team that plans on acquiring him will need time to work out a deal with him which could be a sticky situation because both sides may not agree on his worth since Walker is coming off of a serious injury...all in all...it appears that Walker will be dealt before the Draft...stay tuned

link

http://www.eastcoastsportsnews.com/2006Draft.html

Someone explain to me why Denver needs a RB?

Bell, if he gets hurt, Dayne.

Denver's RB situation is no worse then JAX, Indy, Pitt, Panthers, SF, Vikings, GB, Lions, Titans, Jets.

Of course a few of those teams are going to draft RB, but I doubt they'd draft one at 15. Denver just seems to be in a panic about this RB stuff. I thought anyone could run for 1000 yards behind that scheme? Suddenly Dayne isn't a good backup? He was the best thing since sliced bread last year.

They wasted a 3rd round pick last year, now they want to waste another pick on a RB this year. You have Bell, you have Dayne, fix some other problems. If Denver doesn't have 12 RBs in training camp they panic.

If they take another RB, then basically they are clueless when it comes to RBs.

Draft Bell = bust

Dayne = Waste of money

Clarett = bust

Portis = (can we get him back?)

This whole mystic of Denver "finding" great RBs. Yeah it's a lot easier to find them when you draft them in the 1st day constantly. And sign 2 FA RBs a year. If you look at the picks, signings of RBs, their track record (at least lately) is very questionable.

Maybe they are banking on the laws of averages they actually get a good one. But as a Denver fan, I wish they'd stop burning picks. You want a new RB cause Bell gets injured too much? DWill had numerous major/minor injuries in college. Not exactly the safest pick in the book.

Last edited by a moderator:
Someone explain to me why Denver needs a RB?

Bell, if he gets hurt, Dayne.

Denver's RB situation is no worse then JAX, Indy, Pitt, Panthers, SF, Vikings, GB, Lions, Titans, Jets.

Of course a few of those teams are going to draft RB, but I doubt they'd draft one at 15. Denver just seems to be in a panic about this RB stuff. I thought anyone could run for 1000 yards behind that scheme? Suddenly Dayne isn't a good backup? He was the best thing since sliced bread last year.

They wasted a 3rd round pick last year, now they want to waste another pick on a RB this year. You have Bell, you have Dayne, fix some other problems. If Denver doesn't have 12 RBs in training camp they panic.

If they take another RB, then basically they are clueless when it comes to RBs.

Draft Bell = bust

Dayne = Waste of money

Clarett = bust

Portis = (can we get him back?)

This whole mystic of Denver "finding" great RBs. Yeah it's a lot easier to find them when you draft them in the 1st day constantly. And sign 2 FA RBs a year. If you look at the picks, signings of RBs, their track record (at least lately) is very questionable.

Maybe they are banking on the laws of averages they actually get a good one. But as a Denver fan, I wish they'd stop burning picks. You want a new RB cause Bell gets injured too much? DWill had numerous major/minor injuries in college. Not exactly the safest pick in the book.
Do you even realize that you just littered that post with a lot of teams that most think are looking to take a RB early in this draft? :doh:

Last edited by a moderator:
They traded down because they were informed that the Ricky Williams appeal will be won. Traded down getting ready for Ricky to ride into town. OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

My scenario

If Ricky's appeal goes through the Dolphins would be stupid to get rid of him. He earned less then $600,000 last year. He is up for a raise and I am sure Miami would be asking far more then what the Bronco's want to pay right now. Why would a second year coach go to bat for a guy he wants to get rid of? Saban is not that much of a players coach!

So we are left to draft Deanglo Williams with the #15 pick. We have got to get a feature back this year. Shanny see's this, that's why he went after Jamal and Ricky in free agency. So I think he will somehow get a #1 RB, I just don't see any other way then to draft at #15?

We need to get Javon Walker! We could package Lelie and our new 2nd round #61 to the Pack for Walker and their #104 4th round. Then we go R. Smith at the #1 WR until Walker learns the system. Walker at the #2 WR and draft a big #3 WR with the 3rd at #68. We would be set at the WR position this year now.

DE or TE can get addressed at #37 with Lawson or Wimbley if available. If not DE, draft TE Leonard Pope if available.

My last offensive piece is Omar Jacobs with the #93 3rd round pick.

4th Rounders which Denver now has 4 picks should go DE, DT, KR and S

Makes sense to me.

We need to get Javon Walker! We could package Lelie and our new 2nd round #61 to the Pack for Walker and their #104 4th round. Then we go R. Smith at the #1 WR until Walker learns the system. Walker at the #2 WR and draft a big #3 WR with the 3rd at #68. We would be set at the WR position this year now.

DE or TE can get addressed at #37 with Lawson or Wimbley if available. If not DE, draft TE Leonard Pope if available.
This part makes sense to me as well..... but the "feature RB" at 1.15 I just don't see happening. Denver did not have a feature RB in the AFC Championship they felt they could rely on... thus they let Mike Anderson walk to Balt (his age might have had something to do with that too)....Shanny has spoken highly of Dayne and Cobbs so far this off season... we all realize Shanny blows smoke, but he was not the only source expressing how Dayne & Cobbs both look good are working hard. They both appear to have matured and dedicated themselves to the task at hand. They both appear to have re-invented themselves with Shanny controlling their destiny.

If they get Walker, WR is not a critical need. They could get Tamba Hali at 1.15 or develop Jay Cuttler as the heir to Plummer. Brodrick Bunkley is also an option here.

Marcedes Lewis at #38 would be a nice pick IMO.

Walker if healthy is even better than Smith at this point IMO. Also remember they already drafted Watts who seems like a natural #3. A successor for Smith would still be desireable but #68 isnt likely good enough. Moot points but wanted to add them.

Users who are viewing this thread