What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Is Joseph Randle Dropbable? (1 Viewer)

Squintz82

Footballguy
I see that Dunbar is going to be back this week, so I figured he takes over the starting gig with Murray out. Randle did good enough as a flex last week, but I can't see a reason to hold him unless he's starting again.

I have the same dilemma.

Randle is bad, but Dunbar is tiny and fumbles a lot. Randle will start but Dunbar might take all the 3rd downs and, honestly, I only value Randle for the PPR. I may actually take a loss this week in order to keep him just in case Murray doesn't come back soon. Aargh.

Debating this also. Keep in mind that not only might Dunbar be back, although I would highly doubt he'll be in shape to take on a big role, Demarco Murray might be able to play some this week as well. The dallascowboys.com reporter said on NFL Network this AM that Murray really tried to be able to play last week and indicated that he thinks he may be able to go this week.

I don't believe Randle is the answer, and it appears the Cowboys not only do not see Randle as the answer, but apparently do not see Murray as the answer either. They are reportedly looking to trade to acquire a RB.

Ian Rapoport reported Sunday that the Cowboys have had internal discussions about upgrading the position, "possibly in a big way" as we gear up for the trade deadline.

The only name that comes to my mind is MJD.

I don't believe Randle is the answer, and it appears the Cowboys not only do not see Randle as the answer, but apparently do not see Murray as the answer either. They are reportedly looking to trade to acquire a RB.

Ian Rapoport reported Sunday that the Cowboys have had internal discussions about upgrading the position, "possibly in a big way" as we gear up for the trade deadline.

The only name that comes to my mind is

Against WAS, he looked like the worst RB I've ever seen. Seriously.
Alright, let's not be so dramatic
I wasn't being dramatic.

Last edited by a moderator:

I personally can't see an over-the-hill injury prone RB as the answer for the Cowboys. Although, I've seen worse moves.

I personally can't see an over-the-hill injury prone RB as the answer for the Cowboys. Although, I've seen worse moves.
Yeah, but for the life of me, I cannot imagine who else they would be targeting. Adrian Peterson surely isn't a trade option. Ben Tate? Trent Richardson? :shrug: Hard to imagine a scenario where the Dallas Cowboys upgrade from Murray "in a big way" via a trade.

FWIW:

"Mon, Oct 21

Coach Jason Garrett indicated the Cowboys are taking a wait-and-see approach on DeMarco Murray's (MCL sprain) Week 8 availability.

Advice: Murray has a Grade 2 MCL sprain, which is typically a multi-week injury. "DeMarco is our starter and has been our starter and will be our starter," Garrett said. "He's played well for us, but we've got to get him healthy. We'll see how he does the next few days. ... We'll just kind of see what the health is and what the availability is as we go forward to figure out the rotation plan."

More: ESPN Dallas

(Rotoworld.com)

The biggest problem for the Cowboys is what do they give in return. They haven't drafted well, overall. And they are way over the cap.

Mendenhall should be available. ARI is going nowhere with Carson Palmer and should now play to drop into a good QB in the draft. DAL might get him for a 3rd, certainly their low 2nd.

What about McFadden? He's in the final year of his rookie deal and Jerry loves some Razorbacks. McFadden has already somewhat rebuffed offers from the Raiders to extend...

What about McFadden? He's in the final year of his rookie deal and Jerry loves some Razorbacks. McFadden has already somewhat rebuffed offers from the Raiders to extend...
That could work out...DMAC and Murray could basically share the backfield, filling in for each other when the other is injured. Then the other RB's on the roster would only have to cover 10-12 starts per year.

That could work out...DMAC and Murray could basically share the backfield, filling in for each other when the other is injured. Then the other RB's on the roster would only have to cover 10-12 starts per year.
:thumbup:

So does any of this make Randle a hold or drop this week?
I still think until Murray's timetable is a little clearer, Randle is probably a hold, depending on your waiver wire options. I just would not expect too much out of Randle going forward. If you have the option to drop Randle for Mike James or Chris Ivory, I would drop Randle. If you are debating between Randle and Helu, I would hold Randle until we get more clarity. The real debate could be Randle or Dunbar. I think Dunbar could be the better option going forward, but he has been dinged up and must cure his fumbling issues before he can be considered a reliable option.

So does any of this make Randle a hold or drop this week?
Hold. If we hear more from Cowboys practice this week about Murray being ready to play or if Randle is splitting first-team reps with Dunbar, then he may be droppable. But unless you're dropping him to pick up someone that's going to help your team this week, better to take the "wait & see" approach.

If Murray is ruled out again and Dunbar practices all week... should be a lot of fun trying to figure out who to start between Randle and Dunbar.... for those who have both.

I saw that Murray practiced today. While not in full pads, this has to be a good indication he will be in uniform on Sunday. I am not going to start him, but am encouraged that he is on the right track.

Users who are viewing this thread