What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Is Tampa the Worst 1-4 Team Ever? (1 Viewer)

Maybe they should check Simms leg to see if DeAngelo Hall's initials are tatooed there. It sure looked sunday like Simms considered him a buddy for life. :)

Sabertooth said:
And as far as kicking a man when he's down, didn't seem to bother you guys last season as the Packers struggled. Take it like a man.
Oh there is no problems with that. I can and do. My boys are getting owned. I still wear my jersey's, hats and have my large Bucs sticker in my backwindow of my vehicle. Im not a fairwether fan and Ill take my licks... god knows I liked the Bucs since 85. So... yeah I understand LOYALTY and I understand getting beat down for it...Packers DID struggle.. but I dont recall: ARE PACKERS THE WORST (fill in the blank) TEAM EVER? thread. Unless I missed it. I think it was the whole... CRAPPY team fan posting about how bad a 11-5 team is... It was ironical.LOL! What happened to the Ignore button Sidewinder? Because I made a point, Deuce is a very good back and Bush wasnt necasary on the Saints right now... and he really isnt. Does he help? Yup. Did he throw for over 300+ yards yesterday to help win the game? NOPE. Did he have .83 ypc average??? LOL! List him as a receiver... thats what he is for the saints this year. For the future I can see so much more, but right now. Duece is the RB, Bush is... the whatever the O coordinator feels like doing with him. Still an amazing talent, but for a Saints team who will struggle when they play GOOD teams... For this year at least drafting for NEEDS might of been a better option.I liked it better when I was on your ignore list. :lmao:

Last edited by a moderator:
And as far as kicking a man when he's down, didn't seem to bother you guys last season as the Packers struggled. Take it like a man.
Oh there is no problems with that. I can and do. My boys are getting owned. I still wear my jersey's, hats and have my large Bucs sticker in my backwindow of my vehicle. Im not a fairwether fan and Ill take my licks... god knows I liked the Bucs since 85. So... yeah I understand LOYALTY and I understand getting beat down for it...Packers DID struggle.. but I dont recall: ARE PACKERS THE WORST (fill in the blank) TEAM EVER? thread. Unless I missed it. I think it was the whole... CRAPPY team fan posting about how bad a 11-5 team is... It was ironical.
Oh, so it's ok for you to call my team crappy but you start to cry when people point out how much fools gold your team was last season...got it.

Oh there is no problems with that. I can and do. My boys are getting owned. I still wear my jersey's, hats and have my large Bucs sticker in my backwindow of my vehicle. Im not a fairwether fan and Ill take my licks... god knows I liked the Bucs since 85. So... yeah I understand LOYALTY and I understand getting beat down for it...Packers DID struggle.. but I dont recall: ARE PACKERS THE WORST (fill in the blank) TEAM EVER? thread. Unless I missed it. I think it was the whole... CRAPPY team fan posting about how bad a 11-5 team is... It was ironical.
Oh, so it's ok for you to call my team crappy but you start to cry when people point out how much fools gold your team was last season...got it.
No my point, which it appears you missed... completely. Which is convenient...Is there was no one making any threads about PACKERS ARE THE WORST (#) TEAM IN THE LEAGUE especially Buc fans. And it was coming from a fan of a lesser team... I mean... HELLO. Fine, pick on us now, but own up to your ignorance last year AT LEAST. Not that the packers are any good this year, that is for sure.

No my point, which it appears you missed... completely. Which is convenient...Is there was no one making any threads about PACKERS ARE THE WORST (#) TEAM IN THE LEAGUE especially Buc fans. And it was coming from a fan of a lesser team... I mean... HELLO. Fine, pick on us now, but own up to your ignorance last year AT LEAST. Not that the packers are any good this year, that is for sure.
OK, here is the thing. When I made that post the Bucs had barely skated past a few "lesser teams" with a lot of help from the refs. They weren't as good as their record. Maybe the title of that post had some sarcasm in it but I truly believed that the Bucs were not nearly as good as their 4-0 record at the time would indicate. At the same time I didn't believe the Packers were as bad as their record indicated. The Packer went on to be awful. Decimated by injuries, poor coach, bad decisions making by the QB, and the list goes on and on.The Bucs weren't as good as their record indicated at that time. They finished off the season 1 game over .500 from that point forward so they did start to regress to where I figured they should have been, which was around a .500 team. Of course their final record included the first 4 games as well giving them and 11-5 record. They made it into playoff and got beat, which was not much of a surprise. So sure, I had some sarcasm going, and then the thread just got too fun to let die. I didn't even start this one and the irony is that now the Bucs are 0-2 and have scored the least amount of points in the league and the thread about whether they are the worst 0-0 team in the league is proving to be true thus far. And so far this year, the Packers are not the "lesser team." They were last season, but this thread is about this season. So lighten up, Francis! It's a long season.

OK, here is the thing. When I made that post the Bucs had barely skated past a few "lesser teams" with a lot of help from the refs. They weren't as good as their record. Maybe the title of that post had some sarcasm in it but I truly believed that the Bucs were not nearly as good as their 4-0 record at the time would indicate. At the same time I didn't believe the Packers were as bad as their record indicated. The Packer went on to be awful. Decimated by injuries, poor coach, bad decisions making by the QB, and the list goes on and on.The Bucs weren't as good as their record indicated at that time. They finished off the season 1 game over .500 from that point forward so they did start to regress to where I figured they should have been, which was around a .500 team. Of course their final record included the first 4 games as well giving them and 11-5 record. They made it into playoff and got beat, which was not much of a surprise. So sure, I had some sarcasm going, and then the thread just got too fun to let die. I didn't even start this one and the irony is that now the Bucs are 0-2 and have scored the least amount of points in the league and the thread about whether they are the worst 0-0 team in the league is proving to be true thus far. And so far this year, the Packers are not the "lesser team." They were last season, but this thread is about this season. So lighten up, Francis! It's a long season.
I was talking about LAST year... and they outplayed Washington in every aspect of that playoff game, but still lost on a few bad plays. YUP they lost, and they had chances to win and they didn't despite horrible officiating, so it was no ones fault but their own.This season has gone from bad, to worse, to Horrible. I am taking down my Simms jersy an dputting it away for the season.My only bright spot is to see how BG does (dont feel like spelling his name out).

I am starting to feel sorry for the Bucs. I truly do hope Simms makes a full recovery. The Bucs appear to have some serious serious issues though.

Not casting stones but the one announcer on the pregame made an interesting observation on Gruden about how he was quick to get into the face of somebody like Chris Simms but didn't seem to want anything to do with the much more intimidating Keyshawn. Gruden really needs to get a dose of humble pie. He might get that this season but he almost seems like a bully who picks on the weaker kids but doesn't want to say anything to the tough kids.

Here's to a full recovery for Chris Simms though. He's a tough kid. He's just too professional to back off Gruden.

I am starting to feel sorry for the Bucs. I truly do hope Simms makes a full recovery. The Bucs appear to have some serious serious issues though.Not casting stones but the one announcer on the pregame made an interesting observation on Gruden about how he was quick to get into the face of somebody like Chris Simms but didn't seem to want anything to do with the much more intimidating Keyshawn. Gruden really needs to get a dose of humble pie. He might get that this season but he almost seems like a bully who picks on the weaker kids but doesn't want to say anything to the tough kids.Here's to a full recovery for Chris Simms though. He's a tough kid. He's just too professional to back off Gruden.
WTF are you talking about? Do you even know? Gruden was afraid of Keyshawn? Really? Good lord, did your momma have any kids that lived? That's gotta be one of the most ignorant things I've ever read. Anywhere. Please continue hating the Bucs and by all means, post as often as something bounces off that brain-colored marble rolling around in your head. We need the chuckle. TIA

I am starting to feel sorry for the Bucs. I truly do hope Simms makes a full recovery. The Bucs appear to have some serious serious issues though.Not casting stones but the one announcer on the pregame made an interesting observation on Gruden about how he was quick to get into the face of somebody like Chris Simms but didn't seem to want anything to do with the much more intimidating Keyshawn. Gruden really needs to get a dose of humble pie. He might get that this season but he almost seems like a bully who picks on the weaker kids but doesn't want to say anything to the tough kids.Here's to a full recovery for Chris Simms though. He's a tough kid. He's just too professional to back off Gruden.
WTF are you talking about? Do you even know? Gruden was afraid of Keyshawn? Really? Good lord, did your momma have any kids that lived? That's gotta be one of the most ignorant things I've ever read. Anywhere. Please continue hating the Bucs and by all means, post as often as something bounces off that brain-colored marble rolling around in your head. We need the chuckle. TIA
It was mentioned by Tom Jackson (possibly the Fox crew too, I don't recall) or one of the other guys right before the signoff last week. Not my quote but it did ring true. It showed clips of Keyshawn screaming in Grudens face and Gruden just sort of ignoring him. It juxtaposed those with the clips of Gruden just screaming at Simms. It was right there on the film. They featured it. Thanks for the insult though. Shows your level of maturity and objectivity. TIA.

It was mentioned by Tom Jackson (possibly the Fox crew too, I don't recall) or one of the other guys right before the signoff last week. Not my quote but it did ring true. It showed clips of Keyshawn screaming in Grudens face and Gruden just sort of ignoring him. It juxtaposed those with the clips of Gruden just screaming at Simms. It was right there on the film. They featured it. Thanks for the insult though. Shows your level of maturity and objectivity. TIA.
OK, you got me. They had films clips? And they were all juxtaposed and stuff? Dang, my bad. Did they show the clips of Key demanding to be benched for the season and even though Gruden didn't want to, he was so afraid of him he went ahead and did it and pretended it was his own idea?

I'm a Lions fan. My girlfriend is a Bucs fan.

0-3 and 0-3. I think our next bet is "Who will actually win a game?!" :bag:

OK, you got me. They had films clips? And they were all juxtaposed and stuff? Dang, my bad. Did they show the clips of Key demanding to be benched for the season and even though Gruden didn't want to, he was so afraid of him he went ahead and did it and pretended it was his own idea?
No they showed the clips of Gruden avoiding eye contact with Keyshawn while Keyshawn screams at him like a drill instructor. Then it showed the clip of Gruden chasing Simms to the Gatorade table screaming at him and Simms pretty much pulling the "no eye contact" move on Gruden. It was mentioned that it was very uneven treatment of players.TIA

No they showed the clips of Gruden avoiding eye contact with Keyshawn while Keyshawn screams at him like a drill instructor. Then it showed the clip of Gruden chasing Simms to the Gatorade table screaming at him and Simms pretty much pulling the "no eye contact" move on Gruden. It was mentioned that it was very uneven treatment of players.TIA
Wow. It would be uneven treatment of players if someone else screamed at Gruden, and generally behaved like a horses ###, and DIDN'T get benched for the season. Hope this helps but in your case I doubt it will. As far as Gruden needing humble pie - I think he is one of the most humble coaches in the NFL right now. I'd love to see a link showing otherwise.

Norville > why are you arguing with this guy. Might as well strike up a conversation with your cat.

Norville > why are you arguing with this guy. Might as well strike up a conversation with your cat.
Keyshawn benched and suspended... Who's decision was that? Yeah......... Grudens.Your taking a few clips and making a case when in reality, there is a 60 minute game. Let us know when you finally just settle on; You hate the Bucs. Leave it as that, I am cool with that. But don't be making crap up and passing it off as fact. :banned: Who is fiurst to go buy the #7 jersey??? :D

Keyshawn benched and suspended... Who's decision was that? Yeah......... Grudens.Your taking a few clips and making a case when in reality, there is a 60 minute game. Let us know when you finally just settle on; You hate the Bucs. Leave it as that, I am cool with that. But don't be making crap up and passing it off as fact. :banned: Who is fiurst to go buy the #7 jersey??? :D
Again, this was nationally televised by the pregame crew (I am thinking Tom Jackson). Are you blind? I wrote that twice already.

:shrug: It's monday, I'm bored and I'm procrastinating doing actual work. Last year people were blaming Gruden for Caddy's injuries and we're starting to see the same thing here. Pewter hate is a funny thing but this guys a freaking Rain Man.

Where is the head in the sand smiley. Capella, not so clever this season are you?
I got nothing left to say to you dude. You were 100%, absolutely dead-wrong on them last year, which you could never admit, and you made NO predictions on them this year, yet here you are talking trash after the fact.If you're not intelligent enough to separate what happened last year from what is happening this year, I'm not going to continue to waste my time with you. It's like arguing with an animal, or a brick wall. Not worth anybody's time. You turned what was a pretty funny thread into some kind of spiel session for a team thousands of miles away from you that's not even in your division, just because they came up to your crappy, cold, pasty fat white state and beat the piss out of your team last year. Get over it, dude. It was a year ago. Move on, go eat a kielbasa or something.

6 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)

6 Members: Sabertooth, S.K.A., NorvilleBarnes, Capella, Norseman, Gargoylez

:popcorn:

And if Gruden had yelled back at Keyshawn, they would be getting on him for yelling at his players all the time. And if Gruden didn't say anything to Simms, they would say that he is out of touch. This is media stuff that gets played when you're losing. If the Bucs were 3-0, Gruden is a genius and nobody would be caring how much he did/did not yell.It's a shame we're going to have to watch Gradkowski get thrown into the fire. I don't think he's as ready as some of the FF players on this board are hoping he is. (That is to say, I can't see things getting any better with #7 coming in.)

Worst 0-4 team? Mmmm, possibly. Oakland might have them beat, after they lose to the 49ers...

But worst team overall? Nah. My Lions have that title... :bag:

On the BRight Side...

The bucs amassed over 400 yards on the mighty Saints Vaunted Defense. And scored over 20 points...

hmmmmmm

They had a chance to win and they didn't, this is just a real bad year for them. That game in Tampa, the Bucs win...

VERY impressed with Bgrad. VERY.

Gargoylez said:
On the BRight Side...

The bucs amassed over 400 yards on the mighty Saints Vaunted Defense. And scored over 20 points...

hmmmmmm

They had a chance to win and they didn't, this is just a real bad year for them. That game in Tampa, the Bucs win...

VERY impressed with Bgrad. VERY.
:coffee:

Just my view on things. I feel bad for duece. Hope he gets to a team that knows how to draft and make a run for the playoffs... cuz the saints are a good 2-3 years out in this division.

Sorry I have a different opinion and sorry the truth hurts. 4th place in the south again... probably the next 2 years minimally... Carolina, Tampa and Atlanta will spank them with ease.

Users who are viewing this thread