What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Is this a scam? (1 Viewer)

GroveDiesel

Footballguy
So I got a priority mail envelope delivered by the USPS today. It was addressed to me from a person in Massachusetts that I am entirely unfamiliar with. I opened the envelope and inside is a small yellow padded shipping envelope that was originally shipped from China (I think) addressed to the guy who sent me the USPS envelope. My name and address was handwritten on that small yellow padded envelope on the back.

Inside the yellow padded envelope is 5 1oz fine silver 2021 US silver dollars each in plastic cases. From what I can tell, if they are legit, they’re worth about $45 a piece.

I had a birthday recently and thought maybe it was a late gift that nobody told me about but a) Seems like an odd an expensive gift to say nothing about and b) The only people that I could think of that would have done that said they didn’t purchase/send them.

Is this some sort of scam? If so, I can’t figure out what’s going on.

If it came from China it is probably laced with Covid Variant Zulu.  Don't lick them

Last edited by a moderator:
So I got a priority mail envelope delivered by the USPS today. It was addressed to me from a person in Massachusetts that I am entirely unfamiliar with. I opened the envelope and inside is a small yellow padded shipping envelope that was originally shipped from China (I think) addressed to the guy who sent me the USPS envelope. My name and address was handwritten on that small yellow padded envelope on the back.

Inside the yellow padded envelope is 5 1oz fine silver 2021 US silver dollars each in plastic cases. From what I can tell, if they are legit, they’re worth about $45 a piece.

I had a birthday recently and thought maybe it was a late gift that nobody told me about but a) Seems like an odd an expensive gift to say nothing about and b) The only people that I could think of that would have done that said they didn’t purchase/send them.

Is this some sort of scam? If so, I can’t figure out what’s going on.
You are dead...you are so dead.

I have no idea what a PCS coin is.

Here’s a photo of what I got: Coins
Ok, after some Googling it seems like PCS may be a company that basically defrauds people by sending them unrequested coins or stamps and then billing them for them. But those all seem like people who order one thing and then either get the wrong item or continue to get additional products they didn’t want and get billed for them.

This is just straight up from some private individual with his name and address and all right on the envelope. No invoice or anything other than the coins inside.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, after some Googling it seems like PCS may be a company that basically defrauds people by sending them unrequested coins or stamps and then billing them for them. But those all seem like people who order one thing and then either get the wrong item or continue to get additional products they didn’t want and get billed for them.

This is just straight up from some private individual with his name and address and all right on the envelope. No invoice or anything other than the coins inside.
Have you tried getting additional contact info for the private individual? 

Going to the U.S. Mint page for silver coins, I cannot find a coin that matches the picture you posted.  They make silver dollars but not 1oz silver coins from what I can tell.  

Have you tried getting additional contact info for the private individual? 
When I Google him and the city the package came from, it does show him as being some sort of healthcare provider there. But that doesn’t mean he actually sent it. I definitely don’t have any intentions of reaching out to him.

My brother suggested calling the police and explaining to them to see if they know of any similar scams and also to protect ourselves if the scam somehow involves someone accusing us of stealing them.

When I Google him and the city the package came from, it does show him as being some sort of healthcare provider there. But that doesn’t mean he actually sent it. I definitely don’t have any intentions of reaching out to him.

My brother suggested calling the police and explaining to them to see if they know of any similar scams and also to protect ourselves if the scam somehow involves someone accusing us of stealing them.
:shrug: I'd try to contact the guy first if I could - maybe it's just a mistake of some sort.

So the interior envelope has a USPS tracking number on it. I entered it into the USPS website and it appears the coins were shipped from a company called USTOSHOP.com and arrived at that guy’s house on the 22nd of June. He shipped them to me on the 28th. When I go to the website, it’s definitely some shady looking Chinese site.

There are tracking chips inside the coins. They track and record the movements of all the coins that are sent to various recipients. The data is then aggregated and used for whatever purposes the sender intends.
It's not a scam, but I don't think the coins have any real value and their transport is being collected by someone.

There are tracking chips inside the coins. They track and record the movements of all the coins that are sent to various recipients. The data is then aggregated and used for whatever purposes the sender intends.
It's not a scam, but I don't think the coins have any real value and their transport is being collected by someone.
I usually just put stuff like this in a cabinet and leave it there for a few years. Not a lot of movement going on there.

Melt those badboys down and find the trackers.

Who would carry them around?

Probably the loose change from the pockets of a recently deceased Nigerian prince. Did you receive a corresponding e-mail?

Yours to keep or dispose of with no obligation to anyone. Just fakes you can hand out for Halloween.

However, the fact that it was addressed to you specifically is troubling as someone may be using your name & address for other things as well. You may want to check accounts like Amazon, Ebay etc., for anything weird.

Users who are viewing this thread