What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

James Starks (1 Viewer)

If you didnt want to, why did you post anything?

Anyway, I only cut my quote short was because i stopped after what the coaches where quoted saying. The rest was just that writers opinions on what could go wrong. All of which is obvious and/or has been pointed out 1000 times in this thread. Obviously if Grant comes back fully healthy he could eat into Starks playing time, and if Starks fumbles that could hurt him. I posted the link for everyone to read, i wasnt trying to avoid the "negatives".

No, i have no bias towards him because im from Buffalo. Had he played for another college and I was able to see enough of him i would feel the exact same way.
I posted to balance out your positive spin on the article.You stopped after what the coaches were quoted as saying? :bs: Most of what you quoted was just the opinion of the writer, but it was positive for Starks. There was only one sentence in there about the coaching staff, and even that wasn't a direct quote. IMO, coach-speak is meaningless- the same exact coaches were singing the praises of BJax earlier in the season. Sorry, just calling them like I see them- this article clearly lists both positives and negatives for Starks, but you only see and quoted the positives. Even if it's not because you're from Buffalo, you are clearly biased here.

Let's move on though, the article really isn't worth discussing anyway.
Now your calling me a liar?

What negatives did i leave out about Starks? I left out more negatives about Grant in that article than Starks.

Dont bother answering..for my sake anyway, i wont be able to see it.

:ignore:
Why leave out anything?The blurb wasn't War and Peace.

And even though it's just one writer's opinion, to say that the 'information' about the other GB rbs has no bearing on Starks and his future is just wrong.

Anyway, I only cut my quote short was because i stopped after what the coaches where quoted saying. The rest was just that writers opinions on what could go wrong. All of which is obvious and/or has been pointed out 1000 times in this thread. Obviously if Grant comes back fully healthy he could eat into Starks playing time, and if Starks fumbles that could hurt him. I posted the link for everyone to read, i wasnt trying to avoid the "negatives".

No, i have no bias towards him because im from Buffalo. Had he played for another college and I was able to see enough of him i would feel the exact same way.
I posted to balance out your positive spin on the article.You stopped after what the coaches were quoted as saying? :bs: Most of what you quoted was just the opinion of the writer, but it was positive for Starks. There was only one sentence in there about the coaching staff, and even that wasn't a direct quote. IMO, coach-speak is meaningless- the same exact coaches were singing the praises of BJax earlier in the season. Sorry, just calling them like I see them- this article clearly lists both positives and negatives for Starks, but you only see and quoted the positives. Even if it's not because you're from Buffalo, you are clearly biased here.

Now your calling me a liar?

What negatives did i leave out about Starks? I left out more negatives about Grant in that article than Starks.

Dont bother answering..for my sake anyway, i wont be able to see it.

:ignore:
Why leave out anything?The blurb wasn't War and Peace.

And even though it's just one writer's opinion, to say that the 'information' about the other GB rbs has no bearing on Starks and his future is just wrong.
I left a link to the entire story, i didnt purposely leave out anything.I didnt say the rest of the article had no bearing on Starks, just that it wasnt negative for Starks, and that its stuff that has already been discussed here. Yes, i did say i wasnt concened about Kuhn, look at his touches after Starks took over in the playoffs. But again, that has been discussed here multiple times.

Anyway, it doesnt matter what i posted because Humpback would have been here arguing with me anyway, but not before he led with the infamous line of: "I like Starks, and im rooting for him but......"

Either way, im sick of arguing back and forth, its just easier to ignore those who want to do it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Go Deep.

I've got Starks on my development squad so I want to believe he is the next great one. I've tried going back through this thread but it's hard with all of the arguing. Could you in a nutshell tell me why you believe he will be awsome. I see Ryan Grant's presence as a roadblock of sorts and I'm not sure GB will commit fully to Starks even with his outstanding playoff run.

Thanks man!

Bravo, the most intelligent post in this mess of a thread. I know this offseason is slow, but for the OP to bump his own thread for a meaningless fluff piece is lame.

'BuckeyeChaos said:
Hey Go Deep.I've got Starks on my development squad so I want to believe he is the next great one. I've tried going back through this thread but it's hard with all of the arguing. Could you in a nutshell tell me why you believe he will be awsome. I see Ryan Grant's presence as a roadblock of sorts and I'm not sure GB will commit fully to Starks even with his outstanding playoff run.Thanks man!
I dont blame you for not wanting to go through this entire thread, it was taken over by angry Grant owners. In a nutshell, i dont think Starks is as good a AD, or any of the other top RB's, i just think he is more talented and versatile than Ryan Grant, and any RB who can potentialy be a 3 down back for GB(Grant is not that) could put up huge numbers even if they werent the most talented back in the league. Starks just learened to play the RB position 4 years ago and spent most of the last two years not playing, so if he only looked as talented as Ryan Grant during the playoffs, i think he is heading in the right direction.Is Grant a road block, of course, i have never said otherwise. Most teams, if not all of them use some sort of a RBBC, and GB will be no different.

'BuckeyeChaos said:
Hey Go Deep.I've got Starks on my development squad so I want to believe he is the next great one. I've tried going back through this thread but it's hard with all of the arguing. Could you in a nutshell tell me why you believe he will be awsome. I see Ryan Grant's presence as a roadblock of sorts and I'm not sure GB will commit fully to Starks even with his outstanding playoff run.Thanks man!
I dont blame you for not wanting to go through this entire thread, it was taken over by angry Grant owners. In a nutshell, i dont think Starks is as good a AD, or any of the other top RB's, i just think he is more talented and versatile than Ryan Grant, and any RB who can potentialy be a 3 down back for GB(Grant is not that) could put up huge numbers even if they werent the most talented back in the league. Starks just learened to play the RB position 4 years ago and spent most of the last two years not playing, so if he only looked as talented as Ryan Grant during the playoffs, i think he is heading in the right direction.Is Grant a road block, of course, i have never said otherwise. Most teams, if not all of them use some sort of a RBBC, and GB will be no different.
I'd like to add that GB doesn't typically follow the league mold in the RBBC. It's pretty much been the Grant show for the last few years. It was a turnstile this year trying to find someone to fill in. Once Starks came back healthy and asserted himself, it was his show (even on 3rd down, Mr. Jackson). It will likely go back to Grant on opening day, but if Starks is good enough to eat into Grant's carries, he will likely put him on the bench (or drive them to not re-sign Grant).

'BuckeyeChaos said:
Hey Go Deep.

I've got Starks on my development squad so I want to believe he is the next great one. I've tried going back through this thread but it's hard with all of the arguing. Could you in a nutshell tell me why you believe he will be awsome. I see Ryan Grant's presence as a roadblock of sorts and I'm not sure GB will commit fully to Starks even with his outstanding playoff run.

Thanks man!
I dont blame you for not wanting to go through this entire thread, it was taken over by angry Grant owners. In a nutshell, i dont think Starks is as good a AD, or any of the other top RB's, i just think he is more talented and versatile than Ryan Grant, and any RB who can potentialy be a 3 down back for GB(Grant is not that) could put up huge numbers even if they werent the most talented back in the league. Starks just learened to play the RB position 4 years ago and spent most of the last two years not playing, so if he only looked as talented as Ryan Grant during the playoffs, i think he is heading in the right direction.

Is Grant a road block, of course, i have never said otherwise. Most teams, if not all of them use some sort of a RBBC, and GB will be no different.
I'd like to add that GB doesn't typically follow the league mold in the RBBC. It's pretty much been the Grant show for the last few years. It was a turnstile this year trying to find someone to fill in. Once Starks came back healthy and asserted himself, it was his show (even on 3rd down, Mr. Jackson). It will likely go back to Grant on opening day, but if Starks is good enough to eat into Grant's carries, he will likely put him on the bench (or drive them to not re-sign Grant).
If this remains true, i think it favors Starks even mroe considering he is the better pass blocker/catcher.Its possible, its also possible that Grant gets cut before the season, especially if the Packers can find a good RB in the middle of the draft....well, probably only if this happens.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Starks is dealing with a small ankly injury currently, but how is the Grant vs. Starks competition going in GB... any news on this front?

I dont know if there is such a thing as small ankle injury (roll an ankle an susceptable to reinjury)

I have read that Grant will maintain his starter status (RB who takes first snap of game) << yeah I know n more but anyway

Coach has said something like, yeah Starks has added a few pnds and has real burst, and added the possibilty of using a split (RBBC approach)

imo I feel theres a chance Grant wont be abused in first game w NO, so well get to see with our own eyes, what the real possibilties will be. I would also caution that NO has an explosive offense, so we could see more of the passing down back.

For the fun of it BSN - I'll bet you a free 2012 RSP that health permitting (no major injury that requires surgery or off-field issues, otherwise the bet is off), that by 2012 Starks will have a 1000-yard season and be the starter in GB. If I win, I just get the satisfaction of being right.
Hey, remember this guy???

surprised to hear so little talk about Starks. For those that grabbed him, what are you thinking / doing? Flipping him? Thinking he's going to split/take over for Lacy and holding?

I was able to snag him as my 6th rb and was thinking of dealing him for Matt Jones to the Lacy owner but I'm second guessing that thought. I think there's a small possibility that he completely takes over the backfield but if he is the hot hand that earns a more significant role or if Lacy is more injured that they're letting on Starks could be a huge asset down the stretch in that offense.

surprised to hear so little talk about Starks. For those that grabbed him, what are you thinking / doing? Flipping him? Thinking he's going to split/take over for Lacy and holding?

I was able to snag him as my 6th rb and was thinking of dealing him for Matt Jones to the Lacy owner but I'm second guessing that thought. I think there's a small possibility that he completely takes over the backfield but if he is the hot hand that earns a more significant role or if Lacy is more injured that they're letting on Starks could be a huge asset down the stretch in that offense.
I think it's going to be the dreaded "hot hand" approach in Green Bay. So I would sell to the Lacy owner if I could. I own both Lacy and Starks in one league and I would rather not have the headache of which one to start.

IMO, Starks should be the starter and get the lion's share of the carries. He looks better and is a better fit with the offense without Jordy Nelson.

Even if Starks gets the lion's share of the carries, the offense runs through Aaron Rodgers so Starks' upside is somewhat limited. At best he's a decent RB2. Most likely he's a "what the heck" flex.

I think it's going to be the dreaded "hot hand" approach in Green Bay. So I would sell to the Lacy owner if I could. I own both Lacy and Starks in one league and I would rather not have the headache of which one to start.

IMO, Starks should be the starter and get the lion's share of the carries. He looks better and is a better fit with the offense without Jordy Nelson.

Even if Starks gets the lion's share of the carries, the offense runs through Aaron Rodgers so Starks' upside is somewhat limited. At best he's a decent RB2. Most likely he's a "what the heck" flex.
This is ridiculous. Starks is not the better fit.

Lacy is easily the best rb on that team by a long long ways. Starks had a nice game no doubt, and has good all around game in which I consider one of the better backup RB's in the league, but let's not be blinded here.

Lacy has not looked like himself the last couple of games, but talent always rises to the top.

The Denver game was tricky, it was the San Diego game where he took over. Congrats if you handcuffed but especially if you added him. I think he will help the Pack in the pass game and overall help the offense.

I'll believe it when I see it
its already kinda happened
Maybe but there's been some doublespeak happening here ("we have to get Lacy going")...when that happens combined with McCarthy's preference for occasional misdirection....again I'll believe it when I see it.

I have both Lacy and Starks so I would like nothing more than to see one of the other own the #1 job. 50/50 is my worst nightmare with that situation.

Users who are viewing this thread