What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jeep Question (1 Viewer)

coopersdad

Footballguy
Probably a dumb question, but I've found that we have a wealth of information in here.

Son bought a raised jeep several years ago. I've been driving it around town since he travels more for work, as I get to work from home,

Anyway, we were starting to get road noise from the front 2 tires. Had them replaced due to "cupping" at 40K miles on them.

Tire place said I needed to have shocks checked.............so the question I have is do I take this to a off road jeep shop, a place like goodyear or midas, or to the jeep dealership where we purchased it?

Thanks.

Depending on how aggressive the tires are, they will chop easily, especially on a 4WD vehicle. Shocks should not cause the tires to chop. I would have the alignment checked and make sure you rotate the tires religiously, as often as every 5000 miles.

Probably a dumb question, but I've found that we have a wealth of information in here.

Son bought a raised jeep several years ago. I've been driving it around town since he travels more for work, as I get to work from home,

Anyway, we were starting to get road noise from the front 2 tires. Had them replaced due to "cupping" at 40K miles on them.

Tire place said I needed to have shocks checked.............so the question I have is do I take this to a off road jeep shop, a place like goodyear or midas, or to the jeep dealership where we purchased it?

Thanks.
Do you rotate tires or have shop do it? you need to make sure they not only switch front to back but also right to left. you can put a colored dot on them to monitor that they were properly rotated.

I'd also verify they are properly inflated.

Depending on how aggressive the tires are, they will chop easily, especially on a 4WD vehicle. Shocks should not cause the tires to chop. I would have the alignment checked and make sure you rotate the tires religiously, as often as every 5000 miles.
this is good info as well.

aggressive tire tread are not always balanced well and can become unbalanced easily.

Users who are viewing this thread