What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jerry Sandusky accused of child molestation (1 Viewer)

Just read it, they oughta hang his wife too. 10 year old screaming in the basement for help while you're upstairs, cya in hell babs.
yeah, that was a very disturbing read.. that basement was a torture chamber :o
Mrs. Sandusky just happened to never go down there...what a coincidence...not that she could have ever known anything odd was going on in her own home for several decades.
yeah - disgusting.. I'd like to hear her explain herself- she HAD to know..

Just read it, they oughta hang his wife too. 10 year old screaming in the basement for help while you're upstairs, cya in hell babs.
yeah, that was a very disturbing read.. that basement was a torture chamber :o
Mrs. Sandusky just happened to never go down there...what a coincidence...not that she could have ever known anything odd was going on in her own home for several decades.
LALALALALALALALA I CAN'T HEAR ANYTHING LALALALA

STATE COLLEGE, Pa. -- A judge has ordered Jerry Sandusky jailed unless he can pay $250,000 bail on the latest child sex abuse charges against him.

Senior Magisterial District Judge Robert E. Scott also said Wednesday that if Sandusky posts bail, he must submit to electronic monitoring. It was not immediately clear if Sandusky was to be released.

Prosecutors had sought $1 million in bail.

Sandusky faces new charges based on the testimony of two new accusers, including one who claims Sandusky molested him numerous times in a basement bedroom.

Sandusky wore blue sweat pants and a gray sweat shirt to the hearing. He was arrested at his home by state police and driven to the magistrate.

Sandusky's lawyer has not responded to the latest charges. Sandusky has said he is innocent.
:mellow:

Last edited by a moderator:
STATE COLLEGE, Pa. -- A judge has ordered Jerry Sandusky jailed unless he can pay $250,000 bail on the latest child sex abuse charges against him.

Senior Magisterial District Judge Robert E. Scott also said Wednesday that if Sandusky posts bail, he must submit to electronic monitoring. It was not immediately clear if Sandusky was to be released.

Sandusky faces new charges based on the testimony of two new accusers, including one who claims Sandusky molested him numerous times in a basement bedroom.

Sandusky wore blue sweat pants and a gray sweat shirt to the hearing. He was arrested at his home by state police and driven to the magistrate.

Sandusky's lawyer has not responded to the latest charges. Sandusky has said he is innocent.
I don't think the police really gave him time to get ready when they came to get him. I don't think this is odd though. I don't think a suit would make anyone think any more highly of him at this point.

I don't think the police really gave him time to get ready when they came to get him. I don't think this is odd though. I don't think a suit would make anyone think any more highly of him at this point.
It would make hard to conceal if was sporting wood while they read the charges...

I was thinking more in line with PSU confiscating his wardrobe if possible.

I was thinking more in line with PSU confiscating his wardrobe if possible.
could you imagine it-- "Jerry Sandusky was in court today wearing blue sweatpants with Nittany Lion paws on the back, and a 'Joe Knows Football' T-shirt"

Victim 9 testified that during his second summer attending Second Mile camps [2005], he met Sandusky.

Subsequently, Sandusky took Victim 9 to numerous Penn State University football games.
Is there more to that? Otherwise 90,000+ go to numerous Penn State football games...
But all 90,000+ of us don't get to sit on Uncle Jerry's lap or get the special post-game shower tour.

Victim 9 testified that during his second summer attending Second Mile camps [2005], he met Sandusky.

Subsequently, Sandusky took Victim 9 to numerous Penn State University football games.
Is there more to that? Otherwise 90,000+ go to numerous Penn State football games...
I'd like to know if the tickets were provided by Penn State and if Sandusky brought the kid to any official functions (box seats, etc.).I'd also like to know if Joe Paterno, Mike McQueary, Tim Curley, Gary Schultz or Graham Spanier were aware of Sandusky bringing children to PSU football games after he was supposedly banned from bringing children on campus.

I'd like to know if the tickets were provided by Penn State and if Sandusky brought the kid to any official functions (box seats, etc.).I'd also like to know if Joe Paterno, Mike McQueary, Tim Curley, Gary Schultz or Graham Spanier were aware of Sandusky bringing children to PSU football games after he was supposedly banned from bringing children on campus.
That is why I asked if there was more - that would be damning against PSU. Simply taking a kid to PSU games by itself is not a blemish on PSU. Getting tickets, access, or other perks, would be an issue, given the earlier allegations.

So we all know that most hard-core felons don't take well to child abusers. Given the profile of this case, I'd assume Sandusky is separated from the general population in jail. He won't be afforded that if found guilty later though... :popcorn:

So we all know that most hard-core felons don't take well to child abusers. Given the profile of this case, I'd assume Sandusky is separated from the general population in jail. He won't be afforded that if found guilty later though... :popcorn:
This is exactly why he needs to go to prison and not take the cowardly way out before trial.

That is why I asked if there was more - that would be damning against PSU. Simply taking a kid to PSU games by itself is not a blemish on PSU. Getting tickets, access, or other perks, would be an issue, given the earlier allegations.
I don't think that would have much legal relevance at all.

I don't follow college FB really at all... But Sandusky comes across as a total moron and I'm amazed he could have a major coaching position at a prominent Div I school. How did this guy have a job?

I don't follow college FB really at all... But Sandusky comes across as a total moron and I'm amazed he could have a major coaching position at a prominent Div I school. How did this guy have a job?
As disgusting a human being as this guy is, he was a defensive genius. The number of outstanding linebackers that came out of PSU is quite impressive.

As disgusting a human being as this guy is, he was a defensive genius. The number of outstanding linebackers that came out of PSU is quite impressive.
I mean, he has no common sense in the interviews.

No argument there, but if you look around the NFL, it's pretty clear that you can master the game of football without having a lot of common sense.

I don't think that would have much legal relevance at all.
In a civil suit? I could get it in to trial, and I haven't practiced law in 10 years. The school, with prior knowledge of his inappropriate relationships with young boys, continued to provide Sandusky with the means to entice and abuse more kids. Shame on big bad (deep pocket) school.

No argument there, but if you look around the NFL, it's pretty clear that you can master the game of football without having a lot of common sense.
Sad but true.

I still don't get this. I think I'm just missing your point.The "gravity" of child molestation hasn't changed in the last 50 years or whatever.We're not talking about racism or sexism or alcohol abuse.
I'm not agreeing/disagreeing that "times have changed" plays a valid role, but I would argue that while the gravity of child molestation hasn't changed, the handling of despicable crimes within tight social groups has. 40 years ago, it's not that people weren't homosexual. They just hid it. If you were a wife in the 60's who found out your husband was gay, you most likely stayed married and just put on a show. Happy life, happy marriage. The underlying reality was there, and real, but hidden. I'd argue that this type of scandal was the same. It wasn't that someone viewed the act of molestation as any less wrong, they just looked at the damage that bringing it up would do to the "group" as far worse than anything else. Hence it was internalized. I understand homosexuality and child molestation aren't perfect parallels, but I think the point is that it used to be that things that were so morally wrong and awful were just not spoken about, and not necessarily brought into the light and dealt with like they are now.
Yeah, still don't buy it.
:shrug: That's OK. Some people will "get it" and some won't. Not sure we'll ever be able to know exactly and honestly what Paterno was thinking during the times he heard about stuff, especially given the reports that his lung cancer is getting worse and they fear for how long he has to live.

Shouldn't she be charged with accessory to child rape? Or something??
How about being married to an animal...that's gotta be a crime, right?
I presume she's got a marriage license from a local government, so I'll go with it's not a crime to be married to an animal for $100, Alex.

Shouldn't she be charged with accessory to child rape? Or something??
How about being married to an animal...that's gotta be a crime, right?
I presume she's got a marriage license from a local government, so I'll go with it's not a crime to be married to an animal for $100, Alex.
If he's not identified as an animal on the license application maybe we could have her charged with fraud.

Nitwit wife:

I have been shocked and dismayed by the allegations made against Jerry, particularly the most recent one that a now young man has said he was kept in our basement during visits and screamed for help as Jerry assaulted him while I was in our home and didn’t respond to his cries for help.

As the mother of six children, I have been devastated by these accusations. I am also angry about these false accusations that such a terrible incident ever occurred in my home. No child who ever visited our home was ever forced to stay in our basement and fed there. All the kids who visited us ate with us and our kids and other guests when they were at our home. Our children, our extended family and friends know how much Jerry and I love kids and have always tried to help and care for them. We would never do anything to hurt them. I am so sad anyone would make such a terrible accusation which is absolutely untrue. We don’t know why these young men have made these false accusations, but we want everyone to know they are untrue.

I continue to believe in Jerry’s innocence and all the good things he has done.
Good enough for me. :shrug: I say let him go free and issue a heartfelt apology!

Nitwit wife:

I have been shocked and dismayed by the allegations made against Jerry, particularly the most recent one that a now young man has said he was kept in our basement during visits and screamed for help as Jerry assaulted him while I was in our home and didn’t respond to his cries for help.

As the mother of six children, I have been devastated by these accusations. I am also angry about these false accusations that such a terrible incident ever occurred in my home. No child who ever visited our home was ever forced to stay in our basement and fed there. All the kids who visited us ate with us and our kids and other guests when they were at our home. Our children, our extended family and friends know how much Jerry and I love kids and have always tried to help and care for them. We would never do anything to hurt them. I am so sad anyone would make such a terrible accusation which is absolutely untrue. We don’t know why these young men have made these false accusations, but we want everyone to know they are untrue.

Good enough for me. :shrug: I say let him go free and issue a heartfelt apology!
Kind of crazy ... She only speaks up when she's trying to save herself.

We haven't heard anything from her until referenced in the 2nd Grand Jury Report. ####.

Sandusky posted his bail. $200K in real estate holdings and his wife came up with a 50K certified check.
Seems like it should still be higher, even for a small town.
Why? Do you think he won't show up for trial?The purpose of bail is to ensure the defendant shows up for trial. An arrest is not a finding of guilt requiring incarceration. No doubt he is facing some serious charges, but my understanding is he surrendered passports the first time, he is under electronic surveillance now. I suspect he is under actual surveillance also. Where is he going to go?

Nitwit wife:

OK, as long as you got a voucher!

Sandusky posted his bail. $200K in real estate holdings and his wife came up with a 50K certified check.
Why? Do you think he won't show up for trial?The purpose of bail is to ensure the defendant shows up for trial. An arrest is not a finding of guilt requiring incarceration. No doubt he is facing some serious charges, but my understanding is he surrendered passports the first time, he is under electronic surveillance now. I suspect he is under actual surveillance also. Where is he going to go?
Didn't see the surveillance thing.

Nitwit wife:

I love Raising Arizona too.

Nitwit wife:

I love Raising Arizona too.
Hey, how 'bout that.

I'd want him on suicide watch.

His doctor too.

I'd want him on suicide look the other way while secretly hoping he kills himself.

I'd want him on suicide look the other way while secretly hoping he kills himself.
that's the easy way out for him at this point.

Saves taxpayers money, saves the victims from re-living events, gets what he deserves. Win-win-win?

Saves taxpayers money, saves the victims from re-living events, gets what he deserves. Win-win-win?
The guy deserves what he gave. In prison. From a big black man named bubba.

Last edited by a moderator:
Because that would be worse than getting it from a big white man named Lance?

The guy deserves what he gave. In prison. From a big black man named bubba. a lot of big guys and then Dahmered after a year or so.

Because that would be worse than getting it from a big white man named Lance?
Of course!

Jonathan Dranov of Boalsburg has been named Penn State's 2007 Renaissance Fund Honoree and will be recognized at the 31st annual Renaissance Fund dinner, according to Charles W. Rohrbeck, president of the fund's board of directors. A 1965 Penn State alumnus, Dranov is a physician specializing in internal medicine and nephrology and assistant chief of medical staff at the Mount Nittany Medical Center. He founded what is today State College-based Centre Medical and Surgical Associates (CMSA) in 1974.
Each year, the Renaissance Fund honors an individual or couple who, through a lifetime of service, has contributed greatly to the Penn State and State College communities. In its selection process, the fund's board of directors seeks to recognize individuals who have deep roots in the Centre region, close relationships with civic and University leaders, and a commitment to philanthropy. The annual dinner raises money in the honoree's name. Contributions are used to endow Renaissance Fund scholarships, which are awarded to academically talented Penn State students with the greatest financial need.
He served on the Penn State Alumni Council for six years and on the Penn State Eberly College of Science Alumni Board for 10 years.
Dr. Jonathan Dranov

Users who are viewing this thread