What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jets bring back Evans.....UPDATE (1 Viewer)

Gadzooks

Footballguy
http://www.nypost.com/sports/jets/23006.htm

I'd still rather have Ferguson but I think this helps plug a hole. Robertson really progressed in his 2nd season and I think that continues. With Evans and Robertson taking up blockers in the middle Vilma should be free to make plays.

Last edited by a moderator:
http://www.nypost.com/sports/jets/23006.htm

I'd still rather have Ferguson but I think this helps plug a hole. Robertson really progressed in his 2nd season and I think that continues. With Evans and Robertson taking up blockers in the middle Vilma should be free to make plays.
Well, Evans is a step up from Lance Legree, the Giants cast off fill in DT. My concern with Evans is his repeated failures in the NFL substance abuse program, and was out all but one game last year due to back problems. Steroid abuse and back problems sure do seem to go together. Robertson may very well be an all pro this year... he's that good, a DT who has a pass rush, while staying in his lane. If Evans can stay healthy, he is most likely a good one year solution.That is a big if though. Legree isnt much more than a 295 pound body. However, that should be enough to keep Vilma free to make plays. In fact, it may even increase Vilma's tackle numbers, as I am sure opposing O's will run at whoever it is in Ferguson's old spot.

The Jets resigned Reed on the heels of this news, but I hope that the newly drafted rookie, Pouya out of Utah can at least be a part of a rotation at slant nose, if not a starter. Pouya is a frakin beast, at 6'3", 325 and not fat. Blew everyone else away in the strength tests at the combine. Legree probably wins the starters job though, at least for game 1.

Users who are viewing this thread