What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

JimmyG replacement (1 Viewer)

the shiva

Footballguy
I need a backup for my main qb (Mahomes) I had JimmyG but after today's news the only ones available are: J. Love or Taylor Heincke, which one is the better options?

Thanks

Pick whichever one has the best matchup for week 10 (Mahomes bye week). You don't need a QB for any other time and can drop him after week 10 to take a flyer on a RB or WR with upside.

Love vs Pittsburgh - bad matchup

Atlanta vs Arizona - decent matchup but no guarantee Heineke is still the starter for week 10. If I knew Heineke was going to start week 10 he would be my choice.

Just a thought… why are you set on a backup Qb? I’m rolling without one bc anyone I’d roster is about equal with the others available. Bc you said “backup” I’ll assume it’s not a start 2 qb league. So if the available QBs are around as good as Jimmy G has been, why waste a bench spot on another qb? Roll with tour team and if, in the unlikely event, Mahomes suffers a significant injury, you get someone off waivers who’s probably just as good as the person you’d pick up now

Just a thought… why are you set on a backup Qb? I’m rolling without one bc anyone I’d roster is about equal with the others available. Bc you said “backup” I’ll assume it’s not a start 2 qb league. So if the available QBs are around as good as Jimmy G has been, why waste a bench spot on another qb? Roll with tour team and if, in the unlikely event, Mahomes suffers a significant injury, you get someone off waivers who’s probably just as good as the person you’d pick up now
we have a huge league and there are only 2 or 3 starting available during the week. Now when Mahomes does go on bye, there may not be any qb's. So just planning now

we have a huge league and there are only 2 or 3 starting available during the week. Now when Mahomes does go on bye, there may not be any qb's. So just planning now
If that is the case just take Love because you know he will be starting barring injury. That will make sure you have someone. I am not so sure Heineke will be starting week 10

I'm in the same boat and I put in bids for Howell and Heinecke because I didn't think I'd get Howell and I like Heinecke to play well in that matchup. Luckily I got Howell but I like Heinecke over Love.

I'm in the same boat and I put in bids for Howell and Heinecke because I didn't think I'd get Howell and I like Heinecke to play well in that matchup. Luckily I got Howell but I like Heinecke over Love.
But do you like Heinecke over Love for week 10? This week is irrelevant for the OP's needs.

Users who are viewing this thread