What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jo-Lonn Dunbar LB St. Louis Rams suspended for four games (1 Viewer)

Witherspoon worth adding?
it is just a four game suspension...

the word was ogletree was expected to get the all important (for IDP stats) nickel duty* that dunbar rode to top 15-20 numbers last year in some scoring systems... there is uncertainty as a rookie, but they spent a 1st round pick on him, and reportedly he was talented enough to carry a top half of the first round grade if not for off field issues (uncommon for a 4-3 LB)...

witherspoon also has a three down skill set (or used to, haven't really seen him play much recently, though some camp reports were positive), but i think spoon was intended as more of a depth (maybe team knew suspension was looming) and mentoring role for younger defenders, so i don't think rams alter plans for ogletree...

so not only could be mere four game help, but it might not make sense to chase dunbar's 2012 stats even if spoon is plugged into that role, as dunbar was expected to have a diminished role this year with the addition of talented 1st rounder ogletree.

* i don't have a link, but saw this reported recently (should be easy enough to hunt down)...

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread