What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Joe Horn (1 Viewer)

PsychoMan

Footballguy
Anyone else see Joe on ESPNs Rome is Burning just now??? Seemed like a classy guy to me, contrary to everything else I hear. One thing I respected is that he still seemed excited to play for New Orleans. I think it would be tough for any player to come back after such a rough season last year. I was happy I didn't hear him complain like TO, Javon Walker or Lavar about asking to leave the team ... He also said he wouldn't bother doing anymore post TD celebrations after the NFL is said they'd fine players/teams for excessive celebration ... I expect some players to make a big fuss out of this ...

As for his fantasy numbers, I still think I'm going to avoid him unless he drops very low in the draft ...

Last edited by a moderator:
Ive always loved Joe Horn. Smart guy and a heck of an athlete. While Im not sure he will put up WR1-10 numbers, he should be a solid WR2

I like Horn too. Never had the best wheels or was the best athlete, but a lot of will and precise route running were his keys.

He also was double covered pretty much every year up until Stallworth finally gave him some help last year.

Way to go Joe!

You have to admire Horn for his attitude throughout the post-Katrina saga. Based on that alone I wish good things for the guy.

On the other hand, I kinda wish Jim Rome was swimming in the Mississippi when Katrina hit.

You have to admire Horn for his attitude throughout the post-Katrina saga. Based on that alone I wish good things for the guy.

On the other hand, I kinda wish Jim Rome was swimming in the Mississippi when Katrina hit.
couldn't agree more with every point...

Joe Horn should be pumped about getting Brees under center and Deuce back.

They even went so far as to get a competent RB backup (Bennett).

If Horn stays healthy NO could produce big numbers.

That is a big IF, however. Horn has had health issues most of last year with leg problems.

He also only caught <50% of his targets last season (49/102). Was that all on Brooks? I doubt it.

The Saints also have a good TE (Z. Hilton), and that's a favorite target of Drew Brees.

That's good to hear about Joe Horn. My Question what would anyone ever for any reason watch or even listen to rhome is burning. I the one I accidentally heard his show I thought it was awful and down right disgusting. The man is rude and nasty.

That's good to hear about Joe Horn.  My Question what would anyone ever for any reason watch or even listen to rhome is burning.  I the one I accidentally heard his show I thought it was awful and down right disgusting.  The man is rude and nasty.
that seems to be the general feel about this guy (ROME) ... i guess i didn't notice that about him, but i've only seen it a couple timesi, and most people, am pretty down on horn for next year, but i'm wondering if he may end up being a decent value pick. deuce may get hurt again, the defense isn't great, they may be playing from behind a lot & brees just may be able to keep his fantasy #s decent .... thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread