What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Justin Gage (1 Viewer)

Lord Lucan

Footballguy
Until recently, Justin Gage wasn't a player who many of us would have considered as much of a fantasy factor. He never really put up any sort of decent numbers in Chicago (although the year they made him a starter was Orton's game-management year), and had a solid but unspectacular first year in Tennessee - but he has suddenly had a few big games lately, and against some top defenses too - 147 yards and 2 TDs against Jax in week 11, and then in his last two games (inactive week 17), 104 yards and a TD against Pittsburgh, and 10 recs for 135 yards against Baltimore. He totalled 5 TDs the last seven games he played in the regular season, and was clearly the top receiving option in the red zone.

I'd be interested to see how other FBG members see Gage as a fantasy prospect for next year. It's not difficult to argue he's a journeyman who had a career year (or career few weeks), and he's 28 in a fortnight. On the other hand, he has looked really good lately, and if Collins is again the starting QB next year, is there any reason to suppose he can't go on producing, given he's been racking up the yardage against such powerful defenses lately? If the general concensus is that he's been a fluke and that therefore he won't be going very high, he's certainly a guy I'll be looking at in the late middle rounds, but if those handful of high-profile games have catapulted him up everyone's lists, that would be a different story. I know what I think of him, but am interested to know how others see him.

he has some potential but i'm not going to get too excited about him. i think tenn wants vince to start next year, which i would expect to hurt any wr's value. plus, tenn is a run first, grind it out, defensive team that should again have very limited passing numbers. unless something major changes, i would expect more of the same next year. i'm sure gage will have some good games but i also expect him to be rather inconsistent. i think he is a physical reciever who can go and get the ball but i expect his situation to be the main reason that he wont be a consistent fantasy producer.

That's prettymuch it - he's a decent WR who would probably be a steady WR3 (or maybe even a WR2) on a passing team. But on TEN, he's a risky every week start. Roster worthy as a backup / injury start, but for every 6 /100/1 game he'll give you, you'll also get two 3/40 games.

Users who are viewing this thread