What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Justin Herbert owners. W16 What are your plans? (2 Viewers)

Gottabesweet

Footballguy
If you somehow made the playoffs with Herbert stumbling down the stretch and getting hurt what waiver wire add are you starting for the playoffs?

Traded Fields at deadline to roll with Herbert. Doh.

Levis vs. Houston? Or will Derick Henry rise from the dead and get 30 carries.

Browning?

Zach Wilson?

Ideally would want someone that can run a bit?

Gulp… Devito?

Flacco, Bryce Young, Ridder. Yikes.

Last edited:
Fortunately, the 2 leagues where I have him are a short bench league (only 5 players) and a 10-teamer, so there are options out there, unlike deeper leagues (I feel for the owners there).

However, it's not like even Stafford is available, just the ones you list above. I'll decide tomorrow, but my order is likely to be Browning, Flacco, Ridder. Let's hope I don't have to go deeper than that.

Fortunately, the 2 leagues where I have him are a short bench league (only 5 players) and a 10-teamer, so there are options out there, unlike deeper leagues (I feel for the owners there).

However, it's not like even Stafford is available, just the ones you list above. I'll decide tomorrow, but my order is likely to be Browning, Flacco, Ridder. Let's hope I don't have to go deeper than that.
That’s funny you say that. The league im in is a 12 team short bench league (5) but I feel like there’s 22 QBs rostered.

I have Tua as my backup (and starter last couple games.) He fell so far due to concussion concerns that eventually I just had to draft him. So, I’m likely rolling with Tua but did put in a claim for Browning. If I don’t get him, I’ll snag Flacco, I think. I have a bye so I’ve been looking at week 16-17 matchups for waiver QB’s and they’re all kind of bad.

Thanks for starting this thread; came here looking for answers to this exact question.

14-team league, 5-man benches. Haven't rostered a backup all year outside of Herbert's bye. (Picked up Stroud that week, he majorly underperformed, and then I dropped him because I needed the roster space. Doh!) Most of the mid-tier guys (Stafford, Love, Geno) are already rostered

Based on recent performance, I was leaning Browning, but the Minny matchup has me concerned. Flores seems to be particularly good at flummoxing inexperienced QBs.

None of the other guys are a smash start, but as of now I'm between Flacco and Levis based on their matchups. Would also consider DeVito. But I need to do more research before waivers run.

I'm also going to try to pick up two so I have options going forward. Levis and DeVito probably have the best overall playoff schedules

Last edited:
Thanks for starting this thread; came here looking for answers to this exact question.

14-team league, 5-man benches. Haven't rostered a backup all year outside of Herbert's bye. (Picked up Stroud that week, he majorly underperformed, and then I dropped him because I needed the roster space. Doh!) Most of the mid-tier guys (Stafford, Love, Geno) are already rostered

Based on recent performance, I was leaning Browning, but the Minny matchup has me concerned. Flores seems to be particularly good at flummoxing inexperienced QBs.

None of the other guys are a smash start, but as of now I'm between Flacco and Levis based on their matchups. Would also consider DeVito. But I need to do more research before waivers run.

I'm also going to try to pick up two so I have options going forward. Levis and DeVito probably have the best overall playoff schedules
I’m leaning between Browning and Levi’s myself. I haven’t looked at weather yet but trying to avoid Flacco just because there’s no potentially running upside to raise the floor.

Putting in claims for Baker, Carr, Browning, Ridder in that order in one league.

Putting in claims for Browning, Minshew, Flacco, DeVito in that order in another league.

I have a bye but I lost Herbert. This is very perplexing. Since I also lost Tank Dell and "kinda" lost Chase, I really need a solid QB performance.

Looking ahead does anyone trust Zach Wilson against the porous Washington Commanders secondary?

Well, I clinched the first-round bye, but now only have AOC as a backup. If I get cockblocked for a better option in FA, I'm screwed. This is in Dynasty, so the waiver wire is really thin. If I get lucky, maybe Flacco or Bailey, but how much better is that than AOC at this point?

Well, I clinched the first-round bye, but now only have AOC as a backup. If I get cockblocked for a better option in FA, I'm screwed. This is in Dynasty, so the waiver wire is really thin. If I get lucky, maybe Flacco or Bailey, but how much better is that than AOC at this point?

AOC is bad, man. Very bad. He's a total statue who has bad decision making. Add that to the fact our interim rookie OC looks completely lost and it's a recipe for disaster for the rook.

AOC is bad, man. Very bad. He's a total statue who has bad decision making. Add that to the fact our interim rookie OC looks completely lost and it's a recipe for disaster for the rook.
Fantasy rule of thumb that I just invented: When deciding on a QB streamer, always avoid the guy coming off a shutout

This was hilarious to read. I'm not laughing at you I'm laughing with you. Ever think youd be posting this comment right after your draft? Ha ha

This was hilarious to read. I'm not laughing at you I'm laughing with you. Ever think youd be posting this comment right after your draft? Ha ha
Yeah, this has been a cruel year for injuries to key players (but don't we say that every year?). Flacco to the rescue! :sick:

Yeah, this has been a cruel year for injuries to key players (but don't we say that every year?). Flacco to the rescue! :sick:
Joe!!!!!!!

I have a bye but I lost Herbert. This is very perplexing. Since I also lost Tank Dell and "kinda" lost Chase, I really need a solid QB performance.

Looking ahead does anyone trust Zach Wilson against the porous Washington Commanders secondary?

Maybe if you can’t get Flacco vs Houston. It’s dire out there. I’m currently filling in for Herbert with Howell and Browning. Looking to add similar depth as well.

Am I the only one considering Levis? He’s got two matchups against a Houston D that just made Zach Wilson look good.

Another potential streamer for this week: If Geno can’t go, Drew Lock faces a very burnable Philly pass defense, and he looked competent against SF. Not sure I have the stomach for that, though

I'm in a bit of a pickle in my 2 QBer. Best available is probably Flacco. If I can't get him it will have to be one of Zach Wilson, AOC, Zappe, Trubiskey, Mullens, or Stick.
Out of those I kinda like Mullens overall. I'd pick up Lock, but I doubt if they sit Geno again. At Carrol's pc today he sounded pretty confident he'd be back.

I'm in a bit of a pickle in my 2 QBer. Best available is probably Flacco. If I can't get him it will have to be one of Zach Wilson, AOC, Zappe, Trubiskey, Mullens, or Stick.
Out of those I kinda like Mullens overall. I'd pick up Lock, but I doubt if they sit Geno again. At Carrol's pc today he sounded pretty confident he'd be back.
Mullins is a mystery box, but agree that among those options is probably take a chance on him. Cinci is a good matchup

Mullins is a mystery box, but agree that among those options is probably take a chance on him. Cinci is a good matchup
Mullens at least has done well in some of his past starts. That beats what some of the others are putting out. He just hasn't done much lately. I'm guessing JJ is back this week based on reports.

Mullens at least has done well in some of his past starts. That beats what some of the others are putting out. He just hasn't done much lately. I'm guessing JJ is back this week based on reports.
When was his last start? 2018 under Shanahan? Not sure that tells us much, especially since he wasn't able to parlay those starts into even a locked-in QB2 job.

I still think he could be worth starting for the upside, but it's definitely a high-risk move

When was his last start? 2018 under Shanahan? Not sure that tells us much, especially since he wasn't able to parlay those starts into even a locked-in QB2 job.

I still think he could be worth starting for the upside, but it's definitely a high-risk move
He started 8 games in 2018 and 8 in 2020 with the 9ers. Last start was 2021 with the Browns where he went 20/30/1td/0int. So, yeah, hard to sell much based on that.

It is probably a good a spot as you can hope for.

Opponent has Jefferson, Vikings and Chandler possibly going. I’m contemplating rolling with Mullins over Browning.

I ended up getting Flacco also. I thought there would be a little competition, but I guess not. A few QBs still available so I think I'll pick up one more.

It will be interesting to see what Mullens does.

And that juicy matchup with Washington makes Zach Wilson potentially appealing if his recent success can continue. Of the 'replacements', Wilson and Trubisky seem to have the easiest schedules.

Welcome to the club, Mr. Browning. On to the playoffs!
I am worried about him vs Vikings. I tried doing a comparison

Browning at home, team implied total slightly higher, better o line.

Weapons edge - Equal

Mullins - Better D.

Opponent is starting Jefferson and Chandler. Curious if I should be rolling with Mullins. (40 yard TD bonus)

This week I'm definitely going with Flacco. Looking ahead to the final two weeks of the playoffs (plus matchups in bold, negative in italics):

Flacco: W16 Houston, W17 NYJ
Browning: @Pitt/@KC
Mullens: Det/GB
Levis: Sea/Hou
DeVito: @Phila/LAR
Wilson: Was/@Cle

Obviously matchups aren't everything. But looking over that list I could see Flacco or Mullens next week and maybe Levis or TDV in W17

This week I'm definitely going with Flacco. Looking ahead to the final two weeks of the playoffs (plus matchups in bold, negative in italics):

Obviously matchups aren't everything. But looking over that list I could see Flacco or Mullens next week and maybe Levis or TDV in W17
Something else to keep in mind: Browning and Mullens play on Saturday, and Yahoo allows you to drop players on your bench after they've already played. So if you pick up one of those guys and they stink/get injured, you could drop them afterward and then pick up one of the other guys before Sunday. I may do that with Browning; if he shows he can perform in a tough matchup vs Minnesota, I'll feel much more confident starting him going forward even with the bad matchups.

Alternatively, I could use the opportunity to pick up Mullens and see if there's anything in the mystery box. If he shows out, he'll be one of the hot streamers heading into the Detroit matchup

Last edited:

Unfortunately I didn't get Flacco. I got Levis instead, so my wonderful choices are between Levis, Devito, and Browning. I could pick up Mullens too, but at this point it just feels like I'm throwing darts blindfolded.

I'm rolling with Browning despite my concerns about Minnesota. I'm just going to hope that his recent good play means something and that his weapons can keep making plays for him. I'm tired of trying to dissect information about a bunch of QBs none of us want to be starting.

Putting in claims for Baker, Carr, Browning, Ridder in that order in one league.

Putting in claims for Browning, Minshew, Flacco, DeVito in that order in another league.
What's the difference between these two leagues?
They're both 12 team 1QB redraft leagues, the first one only has 5 man bench so there's more out there on waivers (Baker and Carr) than the second league with 7 man bench.

As a Herbert owner in one league I can advise my plan is to lament drafting him this year as I did not make the playoffs. can't imagine many did...

As a Herbert owner in one league I can advise my plan is to lament drafting him this year as I did not make the playoffs. can't imagine many did...
Not only did I make the playoffs, I actually managed to pull off a do-or-die matchup vs a favored opponent this week despite getting less than a point from Herbert. Thankfully the rest of my roster stepped up.

But yeah, after a hot start he was super disappointing down the stretch this year

Reactions: GPS

Users who are viewing this thread