What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

KC DEF owners...what are you doing for BYE and (2) DEN matchups? (1 Viewer)

I grabbed SF D when someone dropped them due to byes but they have NO this week. Would you drop either SF or KC for a waiver D this week or if not who would you play in the 2 horrible matchups?

Peyton is gimpy and KC has one of the best pass rushing defenses in the league. They can get after Manning and cause some havoc, not to mention they've had a week to scheme against him. I'm rolling with them out of the bye... if they falter I'll sit them week 13. Picked up the Browns just in case.

This is a really hard decision for me but I think I'm dropping them. There will be better defenses to start on the WW until week 15...........

Picked up nyg this week, may roll with them again
Me too.

I could definitely see KC having a productive game, and maybe Manning will be off because of favoring that ankle (who knows), but I could also see the Broncs putting 35 on the Chiefs, yes even as good as they've been.

Al Smith may be passing from behind for the first time this year too, we haven't seen what that's like.

Peyton is gimpy and KC has one of the best pass rushing defenses in the league. They can get after Manning and cause some havoc, not to mention they've had a week to scheme against him. I'm rolling with them out of the bye... if they falter I'll sit them week 13. Picked up the Browns just in case.
Pretty much exactly where I find myself... could burn me, but I'll take the chance they can grab a TO or two and pick up a handful of sacks going through a patchwork line and chasing a gimpy Manning.

Chiefs can pressure the QB with their front 3 and a blitzing OLB (standard 4 rushers) -- that allows them to drop 7 in coverage. In theory, that's how you defend this Broncos team... that and keep the ball away from Manning.

On paper, they can do both.

My prediction is the Broncos put up some good points but also have some turnovers due to gimpy Manning. As long as one of those turnovers is a pick 6 then KC defense could still be a solid play. I have Arizona in 2 leagues where I have KC and I'm going to go with Arizona because its safer. In another league I have NYG and KC. Might roll with KC in that league especially because points against aren't as severe in that league.

Counting on pick 6's doesn't seem like a good strategy........
Which is why I'm not starting them where I can avoid it. I don't think anybody here is predicting them to stop the Broncos from scoring points. I think they are banking on forcing the Broncos to make mistakes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Starting with confidence. Don't overthink the best fantasy D in the league.

Depending on your league settings, they've put up more pts than any non-QB player. That's extremely significant.

In the FFPC format, there are no negatives. So KC is still pretty much a must start right? I have Houston D also vs Oak, so im wondering what to do

i think if you get dinged for points allowed over a certain amount 20 or 30 then maybe you try and find another option.

but if your team defense cant get a negative amount i'd feel comfortable rolling them out there

I have the Giants and Chiefs. In this league we get big points for big plays but also get negative points if too many yards/points are given up. It's hard for me to imagine Scott Tolzien going through an entire game without making a few mistakes, so I'm leaning towards Big Blue here.

water1 said:
This is a really hard decision for me but I think I'm dropping them. There will be better defenses to start on the WW until week 15...........
Ugh. This is where I'm at, or should I say close to at. I picked up the Texans this week. If all goes well, I'll use the Texans weeks 11, 12, and 14.

I can't bring myself to drop the Chiefs though until I can at least see the results of one performance against the Broncos.

I would encourage you guys to remember what KC did on the road in Philly against what, at that time, was the second best offense in the NFL. And that QB (Vick) could move around a little bit more than Peyton can completely healthy, much less with a bum wheel...

I think we may be overthinking this. Just because the Broncos have steamrolled almost everyone doesn't mean they've played a great D just yet.

In fact, let's look at who they played in terms of Total Defense (YPG) and Scoring Defense (PPG):

Baltimore - 15th in Total Defense, 8th in Scoring Defense

NY Giants - 12th in Total Defense, 26th in Scoring Defense

Oakland - 16th in Total Defense, 21st in Scoring Defense

Philly - 31st in Total Defense, 20th in Scoring Defense

Dallas - 32 in Total Defense, 23rd in Scoring Defense

Jacksonville - 28th in Total Defense, 32nd in Scoring Defense

Indy - 22nd in Total Defense, 9th in Scoring Defense

Washington - 27th in Total Defense, 31st in Scoring Defense

San Diego - 29th in Total Defense, 13th in Scoring Defense

That's an average of 23.6 in Total Defense, 20.3 in Scoring Defense.

The Chiefs are 10th in Total Defense and 1st in Scoring Defense.

water1 said:
Bad move imo. Watch how fast they're gobbled up. You may regret that in the playoffs if you go against them. I would have at least kept them on the bench and away from my leaguemates.

Got CLE to back up KC.

They average 11th most fpts in my league.

CLE Plays:

11-@CIN (18 fpts in last game this year)

12-PIT

13-JAX

14-@NE

15-CHI

16-@NYJ

:moneybag:

water1 said:
Bad move imo. Watch how fast they're gobbled up. You may regret that in the playoffs if you go against them. I would have at least kept them on the bench and away from my leaguemates.
I agree. The top DEF is too valuable to be dismissed based on matchup. I'm rolling with three DEFs (KC, ARZ, CLE) to see how things shake out this week. I'll give KC another "bye" while ARZ plays at JAX. If KC fares well, I'll put them back into the lineup. If not, CLE can cover the next two weeks at home vs. PIT and JAX. It would be smart and hold them if bench space permits.

KC at Denver stat line week 11:

0 sacks

0 ints

1 fumble recovered

27 points allowed

That works out to 2 fantasy points in my format. I'm sure things will be a little better for KC at home during the week 13 rematch against Denver, but I'm not starting them.

What's the WW play for week 13? Washington and NYG play each other, maybe one side of that is worth picking up? Philly plays Arizona. Detroit against Green Bay? I'm leaning NYG right now, if I can get them.

KC at Denver stat line week 11:

0 sacks

0 ints

1 fumble recovered

27 points allowed

That works out to 2 fantasy points in my format. I'm sure things will be a little better for KC at home during the week 13 rematch against Denver, but I'm not starting them.

What's the WW play for week 13? Washington and NYG play each other, maybe one side of that is worth picking up? Philly plays Arizona. Detroit against Green Bay? I'm leaning NYG right now, if I can get them.
Definitely NYG if you can get them. They have been playing solid for the past 4 games. They have really stepped up.

If you can't get NYG, I would go with Philly out of those options you threw out there. Palmer is guaranteed at least 1 int.

Zero points here when yardage is factored in. So definitely need to explore other options for week 13.

:bag: - I'm shocked they didn't hit Manning once. Non-fantasy talk... I think they kept themselves in the game pretty well but it seemed Manning was able to get rid of it so fast that the rush had very little impact. I could see them coming out much better in Week 13 and have a fighting chance at winning. I'll be looking elsewhere for my fantasy team though.

I was pretty shocked that KC never touched Manning. The secondary played very physical with the receivers, and seems like KC just rushed (4). I didn't see anything very exotic to get Manning off his spot.

Aside from the couple of fumbles, DEN was very careful with the ball and maintained a pretty good field position advantage. Prater's kickoffs went out of the endzone. Special teams coverage was good.

So while KC was not destroyed, the DST was not a good play. Maybe they get lucky and some momentum at home week 13? One DST I picked didn't fare much better.

I scooped up the Giants D off waivers and I have to say they are tough not to start this at home vs. Cowboys over KC at home vs. Chargers.

They have scored 2.5x the points of KC over the last month.

werdnoynek said:
:bag: - I'm shocked they didn't hit Manning once. Non-fantasy talk... I think they kept themselves in the game pretty well but it seemed Manning was able to get rid of it so fast that the rush had very little impact. I could see them coming out much better in Week 13 and have a fighting chance at winning. I'll be looking elsewhere for my fantasy team though.
You have to look beyond the stats.

What are everyone's thoughts on KCD this week?

They did a pretty good job of slowing down Manning, although they didn't have a great fantasy day.

Do they come out hungry against the Chargers?

Starting KC with confidence the rest of the way. Don't care about this week or next since I clinched a playoff berth already, then the schedule is @WAS, @OAK and home for Indy. I'm banking on the top D in fantasy to be :moneybag: during that stretch or hopefully not cost me a victory. I have $2 left in my budget for emergencies like a hurt kicker so not looking to mess with defense.

Someone dropped Buffalo for the bye so I'm planning on using my top waiver on them. Think it will be a nice combo down the stretch.

I haven't watched much chargers football, but they seem to be struggling. Hoping KC can force some poor play out of rivers as I'matched up against him in both of my leagues.

thinking about using Dallas next week (home vs. Oakland).... then probably running with KC if I can sneak in playoffs

Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

The Chiefs just lost 2 pro bowlers today already

Tamba Hali got carted off

and Justin Houstin just left the game

might be starting buffalo from this point forward... we may have seen the best from kc this season

Users who are viewing this thread