What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

KC DEF owners...what are you doing for BYE and (2) DEN matchups? (1 Viewer)

Stashed New England.

Want to start KC, but not much to play for as doubtful they get more than a wild card.

Maybe poor game day weather will sway me towards KC, but Washington seems to be somewhat getting their act together.

New England seems less desire able without a 3rd stringer in there, but they've got my nod. Sorry KC.

-biz-

Stashed New England.

Want to start KC, but not much to play for as doubtful they get more than a wild card.

Maybe poor game day weather will sway me towards KC, but Washington seems to be somewhat getting their act together.

New England seems less desire able without a 3rd stringer in there, but they've got my nod. Sorry KC.

-biz-
In what way is Washington "getting their act together"?

Just that rg3 looked better in the second half last weekend.

Not saying the skins are world beaters, just they might have an opportunity to play against a kc team that may have been somewhat demoralized the last 3 weeks.

-biz-

Last edited by a moderator:

Not saying the skins are world beaters, just they might have an opportunity to play against a kc team that may have been somewhat demoralized the last 3 weeks.

-biz-
Again. Really not sure what game you were watching. I didn't see much good play from RG3 all game.

-biz-
Again. Really not sure what game you were watching. I didn't see much good play from RG3 all game.
Maybe it's more my distrust in KC and the possible hype from their early God-awful schedule. Regardless...

Rg3 finally seems comfortable, to me. Fumble hurt at end of game, but having bet the wash-nyg game, I felt uneasy watching rg3 running out and moving the ball. Hence, my personal opinion of this weeks matchup. If he gets reed back, I'd be even more apprehensive.

Again, not trying to sway a jury. By all means, if it suits you, you should roll with KC...i just happen to like my other options at this point. Sorry.

Have a good one.

-biz-

Having watched a lot of KC football this year the trends show KC has been getting worse on D since the CLE game.

KC even got ran over by the Bills but they were saved points wise by 2TDs.

I'd rather face Geno with OAK than KC vs RG3 this week.

RG3 looked much better last week especially the first half, Reed in probably as well.

Having watched a lot of KC football this year the trends show KC has been getting worse on D since the CLE game.

RG3 looked much better last week especially the first half, Reed in probably as well.
Maybe I'm a jaded RG3 owner, but I don't see this "much better" qb people keep speaking of.

I'm also rolling with OAK instead of KC, but do you feel all that good about it? The KC D is probably overrated, but they've also played some insane offenses which I think is making them look worse than they are. The problem with this matchup is I could easily see the KC D getting blown out, or doing extremely well, and if it's the latter I'll be kicking myself for quite some time.

Footing on the field is expected to be bad. Does that hurt or help KC defense?

Against a qb that can run (or used to be able to). I think it helps them.

Could roll with Oak, but I'm going to stick with KC. Sure, the injuries are worrisome, but RGIII + weather conditions pushes me over the edge.

:moneybag: Defensive TD! :moneybag:

EDIT: The Fumble recovery TD was taken away, but that's ok, there was a return TD shortly thereafter. Feels like the KD D that carried everyone in this thread before the Denver games, is back!

Washington looks like they've completely given up on both sides of the ball.

Which means easy easy defensive :moneybag:

No idea how you could sit KC D vs. WAS.

I'm a Skins fan, and I started them with confidence in every league I owned them.

Scary to think that there's still another half in this game. Still lots of time left for more sacks, ints, and early xmas gifts while the hapless Skins are forced to pass downfield to catch up.

KC D got me to the playoffs, and now they're going to help me advance.

34 points here. Against a raiders team that may have quit next week. I like the sound of that.

34 points here. Against a raiders team that may have quit next week. I like the sound of that.
You don't follow the AFC West, do you. Raiders & Chiefs will always play hard, regardless of how their season's looked.

You don't follow the AFC West, do you. Raiders & Chiefs will always play hard, regardless of how their season's looked.
I understand rivalries. I also understand that if the Chiefs jump out like they did today, Raiders could pack it in.

When the Chiefs defense played against the Raiders in week 6, they managed to put up their biggest fantasy total of the season. How many of you would like to see the same stat line in week 15?

7 points allowed
9 sacks
3 Ints
1 Defensive TD
37 fantasy points in my league's format.

We know the Chiefs aren't going to have the benefit of homefield advantage this time, and are a bit banged up, but even half of that production would be awfully sweet.

I haven't been following the Raiders very closely this year. Has their offense improved since week 6?

Glad I started them, but ####ed up in other facets of my coaching this weekend and cost me.

Good luck to those that stuck with it through the Denver games!

KC as a whole pretty much won me a playoff game this week, incredible. Have Charles, Bowe, K and D.

Starting KC D again next week with hopes they can come remotely close to the last Oak performance.

Im eating a pile of crow and hopefully will have a chance to start the Chiefs D next week against OAK.

Dear KC,

I apologize for not starting you last week, please forgive me for doubting your awesomeness.

I promise not to bench you the rest of the year, please crush OAK and IND.

Sincerely,

bb7278

When the Chiefs defense played against the Raiders in week 6, they managed to put up their biggest fantasy total of the season. How many of you would like to see the same stat line in week 15?

7 points allowed

9 sacks

3 Ints

1 Defensive TD

37 fantasy points in my league's format.

We know the Chiefs aren't going to have the benefit of homefield advantage this time, and are a bit banged up, but even half of that production would be awfully sweet.

I haven't been following the Raiders very closely this year. Has their offense improved since week 6?
For one thing it's McGloin now, not Pryor.

It's strange to see experts like FBG ranking KC lower than the popular waiver wire options (Detriot, Philly) this week. After last week's defensive explosion in the snow, I thought KC against Oakland would be considered a sure thing. Is McGloin really such a threat at QB? What, besides him and the KC injuries has really changed since their last meeting?

Tamba Hali played last week on the bum ankle, and Justin Houston is practicing again so the injury situation is improving.

Nick Jacobs @Jacobs71 Follow

I saw Justin Houston a couple minutes ago. No brace, no sling & no wrap on his elbow so positive sign. #Chiefs

12:52 PM - 11 Dec 2013
What are you guys with KC doing?

It's strange to see experts like FBG ranking KC lower than the popular waiver wire options (Detriot, Philly) this week. After last week's defensive explosion in the snow, I thought KC against Oakland would be considered a sure thing. Is McGloin really such a threat at QB? What, besides him and the KC injuries has really changed since their last meeting?

Tamba Hali played last week on the bum ankle, and Justin Houston is practicing again so the injury situation is improving.

Nick Jacobs @Jacobs71 Follow

I saw Justin Houston a couple minutes ago. No brace, no sling & no wrap on his elbow so positive sign. #Chiefs

12:52 PM - 11 Dec 2013
What are you guys with KC doing?
dancing with them

last week i danced with the devil (pats) they decide to leave me in my tighty whiteys on the dance floor after they were ranked the number 1 defense according to some fbg cats..

I swapped them in 5 mins prior to kick off (instead of OAK) and won the week because of it. I have no questions about them this week. IND is harder to gauge-- need to see how they look this week, but right now I'm thinking start KC.

Another great day.

But I still don't know about next week.

I don't see a lot of other great plays, but I'm not feeling too good about the IND matchup.

Dolphins @ BUF or Lions vs. NYG seem to me like the best alternate plays.

Everything wound up OK in the end; but if I make it to the Championship game next weekend, I'm not sure how much I can trust Chiefs against Luck and Colts. Luck isn't going to throw four brutal interceptions.

As insurance, I have the Browns at Jets and Lions vs Giants to also choose from.

I grabbed St. Louis in one league and Detroit in my other league. I might just roll with KC in both. I will see how I project in my finals matches before I decide what I will do.

Another great day.

But I still don't know about next week.

I don't see a lot of other great plays, but I'm not feeling too good about the IND matchup.

Dolphins @ BUF or Lions vs. NYG seem to me like the best alternate plays.
Everything wound up OK in the end; but if I make it to the Championship game next weekend, I'm not sure how much I can trust Chiefs against Luck and Colts. Luck isn't going to throw four brutal interceptions.

As insurance, I have the Browns at Jets and Lions vs Giants to also choose from.
The vs Indy game is a tough call, IMO.

Indy has beaten Denver and Seattle - but in Indy. Indy has had some bad games on the road - @ AZ, @ TEN and @ SD for instance. I like that they will be in KC. And there just aren't been the sort of backup QB & crash`n`burn offenses to use as WW matchups as in years past.

Users who are viewing this thread