What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

KC DEF owners...what are you doing for BYE and (2) DEN matchups? (1 Viewer)

Black

Footballguy
Not sure how much I trust KC DEF with the two DEN matchups coming up. Here are some DST that are avail in my league. Wondering what BYE and (possibly other) DST people are picking up (if any) when KC plays DEN.

wk 10 11 12 13KC BYE @DEN SD DENOAK @NYG @HOU TEN @DALARI HOU @JAX IND @PHIGB PHI @NYG MIN @DETCLE BYE @CIN PIT JAXmatchups that are against top 10 'good' DST matchups :

OAK: @NYG, @HOU

ARI: HOU, @JAX, @PHI

GB: PHI, @NYG, MIN

CLE: (has same BYE as KC...) PIT, JAX

OAK gets you thru the BYE and the game @DEN with matchups @NYG and @HOU, weeks 10/11.

ARI seems to lineup the best overall with good matchups weeks 10, 11, 13.

GB is not bad, with PHI and @NYG weeks 10, 11.

Any thoughts? Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great post. Very proactive & much appreciated.

Thinking Arizona after the run down you've provided. These weeks could be critical as far as seeding concerned. Well done.

-biz-

I stashed Tennessee for their Jacksonville matchup week 10. They can also be used next week @ St Louis

W9 W10 W11 W12 W13 W14 W15 W16BUF: KC @PIT NYJ bye ATL @TB @JAC MIA TEN: @STL JAC IND @OAK @IND @DEN ARI @JAC KC: @BUF bye @DEN SD DEN @WAS @OAK IND My league has small rosters so right now everyone has only one defense and TEN and BUF are both available on my WW. I am going to try to get both of them this week so I can play my defenses against the following offenses for the rest of the year.

STL, JAC, NYJ, OAK, ATL TB, JAC, JAC
I really like this tandem because you get to play Jacksonville twice in the playoffs (w15,W16) and 3 times in total.

Honestly even the SD matchup doesn't look all that great to me. Maybe I'm just too down after a bad performance really hurt my team this week, but I'm not sure I'm gonna be able to keep them on my bench for 4 weeks when I'm already struggling for roster space.

Buffalo

1) Coming on pretty nicely. Getting pressure on the QB and starting to cause turnovers.

2) Still a match-up play though and during those weeks; @PIT, NYJ, ATL

...could do worse but I suspect those with KC DEF have been flying solo at that position and with bye weeks in full force, pickings on WW are slim.

Honestly even the SD matchup doesn't look all that great to me. Maybe I'm just too down after a bad performance really hurt my team this week, but I'm not sure I'm gonna be able to keep them on my bench for 4 weeks when I'm already struggling for roster space.
I'm with you. I rode KC since week 3, but I'm finally going to ditch them this week for the Tenn and Buffalo combo. Seems pretty drastic to drop the number one defense, but there's no way I can keep three defenses. I'll only be missing out on one decent matchup from the KC D (buffalo week 9) and two plus match ups (Washington week 14, Oakland week 15). Tenn and Buffalo have better match ups during those three weeks anyway, and I'll most likely have a week 14 bye, so my loss will be minimal.

Losing out on KC vs. Oak week 15 will hurt, but I just can't spare the roster space. Buf vs Jax will just have to do.

Thanks OP for starting this thread, and Steeler for reminding me about the Tenn/Buf combo!

I'm on your side and I'm in a deep league where top-10 defenses are not available on the waiver wire as these other posters have.

I'm rolling with the Dolphins on the Chiefs bye. Other than that, I plan on starting them every game. They may get torched by Den on the scoreboard, but they may also get a pick 6, sacks and turnovers. Fantasy D is more about big plays than anything and they make a ton of them.

I'm rolling with the Dolphins on the Chiefs bye. Other than that, I plan on starting them every game. They may get torched by Den on the scoreboard, but they may also get a pick 6, sacks and turnovers. Fantasy D is more about big plays than anything and they make a ton of them.
This - I'm a Chiefs home so take it with a grain of salt, but I expect a ton of pressure on Peyton and our DB's can man up on the Denver WR's. Peyton is playing on two bad ankles and has been turning it over lately. They will score, but I expect turnovers and sacks to continue.

ARZ seems like the pick of the litter for the bye week.

I'm playing them against Denver though. After the way Indy got after Manning, I think the Chiefs defense will have plenty of opportunities.

Yeah I picked up oak last week in anticipation of this. I like ari too but not available in my league.

Agree,I'm staying with them against Denver,they can get pressure on Manning and he's shown he can put the ball up for grabs,KC's special teams are too good to sit too. Wasn't much on the waiver wire but I picked up The Giants D for the KC bye week. They're home against Oakland and their last two games Their D hasn't given up a score and they're getting a good pass rush and turnovers.

OAK for now (ARI was on waivers, went thru and picked up this AM as a FA by a competitor) Hoping to add HOU Monday given their good schedule.

You guys like Titans, Bills, or Cards better? All 3 are still out there

TEN should be on no waiver wire anywhere. Don't think twice- they are a better play than KC here on out.

TEN may get Fokou back as well.

Here is their sched:

Sun 11/3 at St. Louis

Sun 11/10 Jacksonville

Thu 11/14 Indianapolis

Sun 11/24 at Oakland

Sun 12/1 at Indianapolis

Sun 12/8 at Denver

Sun 12/15 Arizona

Sun 12/22 at Jacksonville

Sun 12/29 Houston

From today forward, they are worth more than KC DEF. Only Week 14 to pick up a flyer for. You don't have to carry 2 DEF's going forward.

Here is their sched:

Sun 11/3 at St. Louis

Sun 11/10 Jacksonville

Thu 11/14 Indianapolis

Sun 11/24 at Oakland

Sun 12/1 at Indianapolis

Sun 12/8 at Denver

Sun 12/15 Arizona

Sun 12/29 Houston

From today forward, they are worth more than KC DEF. Only Week 14 to pick up a flyer for. You don't have to carry 2 DEF's going forward.
Weeks this year TEN DEF has outscored KC DEF 0.

Here is their sched:

Sun 11/3 at St. Louis

Sun 11/10 Jacksonville

Thu 11/14 Indianapolis

Sun 11/24 at Oakland

Sun 12/1 at Indianapolis

Sun 12/8 at Denver

Sun 12/15 Arizona

Sun 12/29 Houston

Schedules matter, too. KC has only played one team, Dallas, that is even .500 for the year. Tennessee has played four teams with winning records. KC's schedule now gets tougher as their performance has been declining on its own. Sell high.

Here is their sched:

Sun 11/3 at St. Louis

Sun 11/10 Jacksonville

Thu 11/14 Indianapolis

Sun 11/24 at Oakland

Sun 12/1 at Indianapolis

Sun 12/8 at Denver

Sun 12/15 Arizona

Sun 12/29 Houston

Schedules matter, too. KC has only played one team, Dallas, that is even .500 for the year. Tennessee has played four teams with winning records. KC's schedule now gets tougher as their performance has been declining on its own. Sell high.
Sell high? As if anyone will really pay for a D. KC may have had an easier schedule to this point but they are out scoring Tenn by 6 points per week in fantasy. They are out scoring the #2 D by 3 points per week. Schedule alone isn't making up that gap.

Picked up the Colts for next week -- home vs. the Rams. Planning to start the Chiefs thereafter. Not concerned with the Denver matchups.

For the guys who are planning to start KC vs DEN: do you get/lose points for "points against" and "yard against"?

Here is their sched:

Sun 11/3 at St. Louis

Sun 11/10 Jacksonville

Thu 11/14 Indianapolis

Sun 11/24 at Oakland

Sun 12/1 at Indianapolis

Sun 12/8 at Denver

Sun 12/15 Arizona

Sun 12/29 Houston

Steelers, Texans, Jets, Chargers, Chiefs, Seahawks, and 49ers. Not a lot of power house offenses there, plus most of those have offensive line issues. Wins and loses don't mean anything to fantasy defenses.

Not to be That Guy and definitely not wishing injury on anyone, but Denver's supremacy is 100% tied to Peyton Manning. IF (IF!) he for some reason does not make it to the end of the season, then this matchup is probably the best DEF matchup we'll see this season. You never know what's going to happen in the NFL and you have to hold the KC D.

That said, it's smart football to have a Plan B, and this thread is very useful.

So, for those of you (us) who picked up Arizona initially, and 2nd thoughts after seeing Keenum?

I was thinking about going towards Buffalo, Denver, or maybe Indy if they get dropped instead. (Still leaning towards KC vs Den, but we'll have to see)

I know it sounds strange to say this about a D, but never bench you're studs. KC has score over 20 points in 6 of 9 games. They have scored less than 10 in only 1 of 9 games. Don't play mental gymnastics here, start KC.

I know it sounds strange to say this about a D, but never bench you're studs. KC has score over 20 points in 6 of 9 games. They have scored less than 10 in only 1 of 9 games. Don't play mental gymnastics here, start KC.
:goodposting:

Even as a Denver fan I'm starting KC D in every game except one.

For the KC week 10 bye, I'm going with Houston @ Arizona. They should get at least 5 sacks and maybe a couple turnovers.

Will hope that Chicago gets their crap together and get healthier to go against the Lions at home. Also hoping that Stafford doesn't have a game like vs Dallas as we get negative pts if our "D" give up pts beyond 21 but I don't think I can drop the bears in hopes of a WW team to do any better.

I picked up AZ in one league and I am keeping them in another one. I don't have anyone worth the drop to add a 5 or 6 point D.

If Palmer didn't suck so bad, we would be talking about how good the Arizona D is. He just puts them in bad spots with his turnovers and bad play that Arizona's D goes highly unnoticed.

Those who are finding replacement for KC. Are you guys still plan on playing KC during fantasy playoffs? or are you finding a replacement entirely?

Those who are finding replacement for KC. Are you guys still plan on playing KC during fantasy playoffs? or are you finding a replacement entirely?
I may have to drop them entirely this week due to bye week issues.

Don't want to, but it is what it is and there schedule is not exactly favorable moving forward.

It's either that or take a zero at defense or tight end, and my win/loss column is in not position to risk a zero at a postion.

I may have to drop them entirely this week due to bye week issues.

Don't want to, but it is what it is and there schedule is not exactly favorable moving forward.

It's either that or take a zero at defense or tight end, and my win/loss column is in not position to risk a zero at a postion.
You can't trade them for Seattle or something?

Thinking about rolling with Philly this week. Green Bay's entire offense will be consist of handing the ball to Lacy. Wallace will be terrible.

Users who are viewing this thread