What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Keelan Cole, WR, Jets (1 Viewer)

Because of injuries to Julio Jones, Kenny Golladay, N'Keal Harry and Parris Campbell ... I am essentially forced to start Keenan Cole tonight at one WR spot. The first three listed hurt guys are Questionable for Week 3, and I don't think they're situations will be cleared up much before game time. So it's Terry McLaurin and Cole starting and if any one of the hurt guys is a go, I can put them in the flex slot.

Because of injuries to Julio Jones, Kenny Golladay, N'Keal Harry and Parris Campbell ... I am essentially forced to start Keenan Cole tonight at one WR spot. The first three listed hurt guys are Questionable for Week 3, and I don't think they're situations will be cleared up much before game time. So it's Terry McLaurin and Cole starting and if any one of the hurt guys is a go, I can put them in the flex slot.
I'm right there with you. all six of my WR's drafted are out with injury. I'm firing up Cole.

been rolling with Cole (coleing?) since week 1 in dynasty - best $5 FAAB I’ve ever spent. Let’s hope the good times keep rolling.
  :wub:  

Keelan Cole caught 4-of-5 targets for 43 yards in the Jaguars' Week 3 loss to the Dolphins. 

The Jags' clear-cut No. 1 receiver in the absence of D.J. Chark, Cole posted a season-low for yardage, though he's now cleared 40 all three times out. Cole has established a floor, but ceiling is going to be tough to come by in the offense. It's hard to see Cole consistently being ranked inside the top 48/serving as a WR4. 

Sep 25, 2020, 12:23 AM ET

Keelan Cole caught 5-of-7 targets for 47 yards and a touchdown in Jacksonville's Week 10 loss against Green Bay.

Cole also padded his fantasy stats with a 91-yard punt return for a touchdown — Jacksonville's first housed punt return since 2018 and the longest in franchise history. He had an ugly drop in the third quarter but bounced back with a 12-yard touchdown that (was a beautiful grab and) tied the game 17-17 in the second half. His seven targets, only one behind Chris Conley for the team lead, was also a drastic increase from the two he saw in Jake Luton's debut. Unfortunately, Cole won't be usable outside of deeper leagues in Jacksonville's nightmarish matchup against the Steelers next week.

- Rotoworld

Last edited by a moderator:
Keelan Cole caught 3-of-6 targets for 44 yards in the Jaguars Week 12 loss to the Browns.

The Jaguars were without D.J. Chark and Chris Conley this week. Cole was out-targeted by Collin Johnson 6-8 and both receivers were competing for looks from Mike Glennon. Once Jacksonville's primary receivers get healthy, Cole's role will diminish. He's a deep FLEX option if the Jaguars are forced to run out the same group of receivers that they did today. 

- Rotoworld

Last edited by a moderator:
Keelan Cole caught 7-of-12 targets for 67 yards and a touchdown in the Jaguars' Week 14 loss to the Titans. 

Mike Glennon was benched early in the third quarter, giving Cole equal time with Glennon and Gardner Minshew. He responded with his most production in seven weeks. Nice for Cole, but not exactly actionable for fantasy managers. Whichever quarterback is under center for Week 15 will have a brutal matchup in the Ravens. Cole will be impossible to trust as a WR4 for the fantasy semifinals. 

- Rotoworld

Keelan Cole caught 3-of-7 targets for 23 yards in the Jaguars' Week 17 loss to the Colts.

A three-receiver set starter from the slot, Cole operated as the Jaguars’ underneath target during their 1-15 season. He set career highs in receptions (55) and touchdowns (5) while racking up 642 yards on 88 targets. The soon-to-be free agent will be 28 years old next season and could settle for a No. 4 receiving job. The Jaguars may have interest in re-signing him, but they have the cap space and draft capital to bring in more receiving talent. Cole is a low-upside dynasty asset.

- Rotoworld

Jets signed WR Keelan Cole, formerly of the Jaguars, to a one-year, $5.5 million contract. 

Coming off a 55/642/5 campaign in Jacksonville, Cole deepens the Jets' receiver corps behind Corey Davis, Denzel Mims and Jamison Crowder. About to turn 28, Cole is most useful in the slot, so his addition could say something about Crowder's future with the Jets. We don't know who will be under center for the Jets in 2021, but whoever it is will be unlikely to make Cole fantasy relevant. He makes the Jets better in real life with little impact on roto. Cole's addition does not negatively affect Mims' breakout odds. 

RELATED: 

Jacksonville Jaguars

SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter 

Mar 18, 2021, 5:27 PM ET

The Athletic's Connor Hughes said Keelan Cole, not Denzel Mims, has a spot in the Jets' three-receiver sets. 

This is very much in line with recent reporting that Mims is not a good fit for the team's new offense, captained by OC Mike LaFleur. Hughes said Cole and Corey Davis would man the outside, with standout rookie Elijah Moore in the slot. Mims would ideally "check in" here and there to "stretch the field" for rookie QB Zach Wilson. The team's depth chart is far from formalized but the red flags are there for Mims despite flashing as a rookie. Cole could shape up as a decent pick in deeper fantasy leagues. 

RELATED: 

Denzel Mims

SOURCE: The Athletic 

Jun 14, 2021, 10:51 AM ET

Cole works hard to get open, every time. He's a wonderful pain in the neck for opposing D's but he's no elite athlete.

He should be the backup that solidifies the unit.

Benching Mims is dumb Jets stuff. Lafleur's offense is brand new quit acting like he walked onto Bill Walsh's 49ers.

Cole works hard to get open, every time. He's a wonderful pain in the neck for opposing D's but he's no elite athlete.

He should be the backup that solidifies the unit.

Benching Mims is dumb Jets stuff. Lafleur's offense is brand new quit acting like he walked onto Bill Walsh's 49ers.
Who is benched? It's mid-June.

Jets placed WR Keelan Cole on the reserve/COVID-19 list.

Cole wasn't on the fantasy radar anyway, but this would further entrench second-round rookie wideout Elijah Moore as one of the Jets' top-two outside receivers if Cole can't play in Week 13. It's unclear whether Cole is vaccinated, and it's also not apparent if he actually tested positive or if he's just a close contact. The veteran still has an outside shot to play if he can clear league protocols in time for Sunday.

SOURCE: Brian Costello on Twitter

Nov 30, 2021, 6:35 PM ET

Users who are viewing this thread