What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Keep 4 from this group (1 Viewer)

The Show

Footballguy
1 PPR - obviously really early but who should I be leaning to at this time.

B Hall
R Stevenson
T Spears
Z Moss
ASTB
C Ridley
P Nacua
C Olave
S LaPorta

Need to keep from this group.

Lineup requirements? Any penalty for keeping a player (round lost, salary, etc)? Any limits on how long you can keep a guy?

Wide open. No penalties or limits.

1QB
2RB
2WR
1TE
1FLEX

Ok. Here are my thoughts:
  • Hall: I think he has to be a keeper. He has shown enough (even on a terrible team) that he is an auto keep
  • Stevenson: If you didn't have the talent at WR that you have he would be in the conversation. He has put up a high floor and only injuries have been the blemish. I have no qualms with keeping him but I think there are better choices below
  • Moss: No way
  • ARSB: Auto keep. Young, talented, fun to watch play. Does it all
  • Ridley: I have never been a fan. He is fine and a nice WR2/3 guy but not better than other guys you have. An easy drop
  • Nacua: Now comes the tough decisions. I wouldn't fault anybody for keeping Puka but it really boils down to him and Olave for the 4th spot. Unless you want to gamble on TE. Depending on how many TE's get kept and where you are picking you may keep both Puka and Olave and let LaPorta go. I wouldn't do that but you could
  • Olave: A keeper in this format most of the time. But picking two from Puka/Olave/LaPorta is a coin flip. Depending on what happens QB wise with NO and LAR will likely show me what to do here. If it stays status quo I lean Puka but If Stafford were to retire I probably go back to Olave
  • LaPorta: A top 3 TE for me. I keep him and decide between Olave/Puka.

NOTE: I would put Puka and Olave on the trade block and trade whichever one gets me a higher return. This will make your decision much easier.

Wide open. No penalties or limits.

1QB
2RB
2WR
1TE
1FLEX

Ok. Here are my thoughts:
  • Hall: I think he has to be a keeper. He has shown enough (even on a terrible team) that he is an auto keep
  • Stevenson: If you didn't have the talent at WR that you have he would be in the conversation. He has put up a high floor and only injuries have been the blemish. I have no qualms with keeping him but I think there are better choices below
  • Moss: No way
  • ARSB: Auto keep. Young, talented, fun to watch play. Does it all
  • Ridley: I have never been a fan. He is fine and a nice WR2/3 guy but not better than other guys you have. An easy drop
  • Nacua: Now comes the tough decisions. I wouldn't fault anybody for keeping Puka but it really boils down to him and Olave for the 4th spot. Unless you want to gamble on TE. Depending on how many TE's get kept and where you are picking you may keep both Puka and Olave and let LaPorta go. I wouldn't do that but you could
  • Olave: A keeper in this format most of the time. But picking two from Puka/Olave/LaPorta is a coin flip. Depending on what happens QB wise with NO and LAR will likely show me what to do here. If it stays status quo I lean Puka but If Stafford were to retire I probably go back to Olave
  • LaPorta: A top 3 TE for me. I keep him and decide between Olave/Puka.

NOTE: I would put Puka and Olave on the trade block and trade whichever one gets me a higher return. This will make your decision much easier.
It is early but I agree with shopping Puka/Olave/Laporta and see what gets you the biggest return.

The top 5 are very easy:

Hall - I would keep a RB that gets a ton of targets.
ARSB - no brainer in ppr
Olave - undervalued right now but I think he is a top talent WR.
Puka - crazy high value and performed in the playoffs. Safe keeper as long as Stafford is QB
LaPorta - top talent TE but its not a TE premium league so TEs get less value. If Ben Johnson leaves that offense could struggle depending who their O-coord is (see PHI this year falling apart down the stretch as they lost their Coords). Goff is still the QB and has a good r'ship with LaPorta so should be safe but something to think about.

I think these 5 are head and shoulders above the rest. WIth so many injuries in TC and pre-season you could wait depending on when your keepers are due. But if someone is in need of a keeper the longer you wait there is a chance they find another trade partner.

With Spears, if he ends up being the starter going into next season and they don't bring in a FA or draft someone he could be another you could trade.

1 PPR - obviously really early but who should I be leaning to at this time.

B Hall
R Stevenson
T Spears
Z Moss
ASTB
C Ridley
P Nacua
C Olave
S LaPorta

Need to keep from this group.
Hall
ASTB
Puka
LaPorta
This was what I came up with as well. The first two are obvious. I love having good running backs, so Spears was hard to pass up, and Olave was considered as well, but Puka and LaPorta were the direction for me. I have never played in a league with a dedicated TE slot, so I don't have a great grasp of TE value, but LaPorta's youth and production seem worth it probably.

Breece Hall
ARSB (I assume everybody is talking about Amon-Ra St. Brown)
Sam LaPorta
Puka Nacua

for me

Olave is a close fifth to Puka, who is fourth in my estimation.

LaPorta is 2nd or 3rd out of these guys, so it doesn't matter to me about TE Premium and whatnot.

Hall just showed you in PPR that he's probably number one here.

Users who are viewing this thread