What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Keep 5 ... (1 Viewer)

BearsFan4Life

Footballguy
10 team - Standard Scoring - Start 1 qb, 2rb, 3wr, 1 te, 1k, 1d ... crazy d scoring so that most defenses score more or as much as qbs

Regardless of position or round drafted, I get to keep 5 of the following:

Mahomes
KMurray
Goff

BHall
DHenry
AKamara
KWilliams
JWarren

ARSB
AJ Brown
McLaurin
Thielen
GDavis

Kelce
Hockenson

Aubrey

SF

Currently my thoughts are to keep Mahomes, Hall, KWilliams, ARSB, AJBrown. What do you think?

In standard scoring RBs are gold so I agree keeping Hall and Kwilliams for sure. Mahomes is a top 5 QB and you need a top QB in a 10-man to compete - no brainer keeping Mahomes.

So now we are down to the last 2. I would say AJ Brown would be another no brainer but he just had a knee injury. Monitor this one to see how bad it is. He has had surgery on both knees before (to clean up the meniscus) but it always carries risk for future injuries. Love AJB but the recent knee injury is a concern. If its just a sprain then no worries and keep AJB.

ARSB is a fantastic receiver and I think raised his game the last half off the season and started scoring TDs which is big for Std scoring. While I really like ARSB at the start of this year I may have leaned Hock over him in standard scoring but with Hock getting injured and ARSB elevating his game I think you are on the right path with keeping ARSB.

Remember be flexible and ready to shift depending on offseason news/injuries etc.

An argument could be made to keep Henry for one more year, especially if he goes to a place like BAL or somewhere with a fantastic offense and O-line. STD scoring Henry is a complete beast if he gest 20+ carries a game. Once Free Agency hits maybe you can trade Henry, Hock or Kelce for a draft pick. Sometimes an "over-pay" of a 2 for 1 to upgrade at a position helps. Getting anything, even a 7th or 8th round pick (assuming your keepers are the first 5), can help you build your depth and/or take a shot on a top rookie. If you can pick up 2-3 extra draft picks it sets your team up well for the future. Maybe look to get a 2025 draft pick even?

I used to play in a lot of keeper leagues and I would have no problem trading away a player to get a draft pick, even if it wasn't a high one. At least you can get something for a player rather than sending him back and getting nothing. Our drafts would start in the 5th round (once the keepers were set) and even a 6th rounder can get you another quality starter. So wait until we see where Henry ends up and maybe you can look at some RB needy teams or teams with poor keepers and make a deal. Trade for pick(s) or do a 2 for 1. Look to send Henry or Hock in a 2 for 1 deal.

Can you send Henry and say AJB for an even higher RB or WR? Tier up somewhere?

Overall I like the 5 keepers assuming AJB didn't tear his ACL or something. He has a long history of bad knees.

At this point the 5 players you mention are the likely keepers. I wouldn't have an issue not keeping Mahomes depending on how your league values/keeps QB's. If there are a lot available in the draft because most teams don't keep QB's then you may be able to swap out Mahomes for Henry (depending on landing spot) or try and work out a trade somewhere to give up some depth to improve top end talent.

It's way early but I think you are on the right track.

I agree with the five you have chosen if you will have the option to keep them year after year. If it's strictly for 2024 and they all become free agents in 2025, I would consider keeping Henry over Mahomes depending on his landing spot

I agree with the five you have chosen if you will have the option to keep them year after year. If it's strictly for 2024 and they all become free agents in 2025, I would consider keeping Henry over Mahomes depending on his landing spot
No limit for how long we can keep them

Users who are viewing this thread