What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Keeper Help (1 Viewer)

Oh Yes!

Footballguy
ok heres the deal, my team sucked last year and i need to figure out my keepers. i was in dire need of pitching last year and sold all of my high priced offense for pitching. it didnt work out and i finished in 9/12.

our keeper system allows us to keep $18 worth of players.

players $ value are determined by draft position and increases $2 each year they are kept.

no more than 10 keepers...

so far the bolded is all i go right now.

$- player (pos)

1- Marlon Byrd (Tex - OF)

1- Mike Fontenot (ChC - 2B)

3- Rafael Furcal (LAD - SS)

1- Mat Gamel (Mil - 3B)

1- Franklin Gutiérrez (Sea - OF)

3- Josh Hamilton (Tex - OF)

1- Jeremy Hermida (Fla - OF)

1- Chris Iannetta (Col - C)

1- James Loney (LAD - 1B)

1- Jed Lowrie (Bos - 3B,SS)

9- Jimmy Rollins (Phi - SS)

3- Jim Thome (CWS - Util)

4- B.J. Upton (TB - 2B,OF)

3- Matt Cain (SF - P)

1- Frank Francisco (Tex - P)

3- Yovani Gallardo (Mil - P)

2- Jeremy Guthrie (Bal - P)

2- Rich Harden (ChC - P)

1- Jensen Lewis (Cle - P)

3- Ted Lilly (ChC - P)

1- Jason Marquis (Col - P)

1- Brandon Morrow (Sea - P)

3- Oliver Pérez (NYM - P)

1- Rafael Pérez (Cle - P)

3- Kerry Wood (Cle - P)

4- Carlos Zambrano (ChC - P)

assuming that the price listed is the price to keep for this season. if not, my opinion will change on some

(aside from hamilton and upton)

bargains IMO

1- Chris Iannetta (Col - C)

not worth for 3

9- Jimmy Rollins (Phi - SS)

solid

2- Rich Harden (ChC - P)

3- Rafael Furcal (LAD - SS)

these 3 are all buying low for potential top tier talent, all injury prone, but if 2 hit, wow

3- Matt Cain (SF - P)

not sure if i would buy either for 5, but both are young and talented

thats what i got, hope this helps

Last edited by a moderator:
s_ezy said:
assuming that the price listed is the price to keep for this season. if not, my opinion will change on some(aside from hamilton and upton)bargains IMO1- Chris Iannetta (Col - C) not worth for 39- Jimmy Rollins (Phi - SS) solid2- Rich Harden (ChC - P) 4- Carlos Zambrano (ChC - P) 3- Rafael Furcal (LAD - SS) these 3 are all buying low for potential top tier talent, all injury prone, but if 2 hit, wow3- Yovani Gallardo (Mil - P) 3- Matt Cain (SF - P) not sure if i would buy either for 5, but both are young and talentedthats what i got, hope this helps
yeah those are the salaries for the upcoming season. you dont like brandon morrow for $1?

Oh Yes! said:
ok heres the deal, my team sucked last year and i need to figure out my keepers. i was in dire need of pitching last year and sold all of my high priced offense for pitching. it didnt work out and i finished in 9/12.

players $ value are determined by draft position and increases $2 each year they are kept.

$- player (pos)

3- Matt Cain (SF - P)

2- Rich Harden (ChC - P)

this would be my 18 dollars worth of keepers in a 5x5 league that use k's

Oh Yes! said:

$- player (pos)

3- Matt Cain (SF - P)

2- Rich Harden (ChC - P)

this would be my 18 dollars worth of keepers in a 5x5 league that use k's
i like those choices. what can i expect out of loney? all i know is that i hate that guy ever since the the cubs playoff series. i also have the 4th pick.

i like those choices. what can i expect out of loney? all i know is that i hate that guy ever since the the cubs playoff series. i also have the 4th pick.
Hard to tell, as his first year he had 15 homers in 344 abs ans last year he only had 13 in almost 600But I would expect a .300 average, 25 homers, 100 rbi's, maybe 5-10 steals. He is only 24 years old, so for a buck he'd be a guy I'd take a flier on. I know it's not awesome production out of a power position, but he should provide decent numbers across the board, and free up a bunch of money go after a few mashers :thumbup:

i like those choices. what can i expect out of loney? all i know is that i hate that guy ever since the the cubs playoff series.

i also have the 4th pick.
Hard to tell, as his first year he had 15 homers in 344 abs ans last year he only had 13 in almost 600But I would expect a .300 average, 25 homers, 100 rbi's, maybe 5-10 steals. He is only 24 years old, so for a buck he'd be a guy I'd take a flier on. I know it's not awesome production out of a power position, but he should provide decent numbers across the board, and free up a bunch of money go after a few mashers :goodposting:
Huh...........unless he hits the juice, Loney is not coming close to those numbers. But I agree, for a buck, he's worth the flyer.

i like those choices. what can i expect out of loney? all i know is that i hate that guy ever since the the cubs playoff series.

Hard to tell, as his first year he had 15 homers in 344 abs ans last year he only had 13 in almost 600But I would expect a .300 average, 25 homers, 100 rbi's, maybe 5-10 steals. He is only 24 years old, so for a buck he'd be a guy I'd take a flier on. I know it's not awesome production out of a power position, but he should provide decent numbers across the board, and free up a bunch of money go after a few mashers :unsure:
Huh...........unless he hits the juice, Loney is not coming close to those numbers. But I agree, for a buck, he's worth the flyer.
i could see him getting there w/ manny in the lineup

Oh Yes! said:
Wrigley said:

Hard to tell, as his first year he had 15 homers in 344 abs ans last year he only had 13 in almost 600But I would expect a .300 average, 25 homers, 100 rbi's, maybe 5-10 steals. He is only 24 years old, so for a buck he'd be a guy I'd take a flier on. I know it's not awesome production out of a power position, but he should provide decent numbers across the board, and free up a bunch of money go after a few mashers :thumbup:
How does Manny help him double his HR output?

Oh Yes! said:
Wrigley said:

Hard to tell, as his first year he had 15 homers in 344 abs ans last year he only had 13 in almost 600But I would expect a .300 average, 25 homers, 100 rbi's, maybe 5-10 steals. He is only 24 years old, so for a buck he'd be a guy I'd take a flier on. I know it's not awesome production out of a power position, but he should provide decent numbers across the board, and free up a bunch of money go after a few mashers :yawn:
i was talking about his overall production. having manny and furcal in the lineup the whole year can only help a guys #s.

Oh Yes! said:
Wrigley said:

Hard to tell, as his first year he had 15 homers in 344 abs ans last year he only had 13 in almost 600But I would expect a .300 average, 25 homers, 100 rbi's, maybe 5-10 steals. He is only 24 years old, so for a buck he'd be a guy I'd take a flier on. I know it's not awesome production out of a power position, but he should provide decent numbers across the board, and free up a bunch of money go after a few mashers :angry:
i was talking about his overall production. having manny and furcal in the lineup the whole year can only help a guys #s.
Manny signed, thats good news for Loney......oh, wait

3- Matt Cain (SF - P)

2- Rich Harden (ChC - P)

3- Kerry Wood (Cle - P)

this is what im thinking now. i like gallardo more than zambrano this year, and i like having a closer before the draft even starts.

edit: on second thought, i forgot about morrow ($1) who i really wanna keep.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh Yes! said:
3- Josh Hamilton (Tex - OF)4- B.J. Upton (TB - 2B,OF)3- Matt Cain (SF - P)3- Yovani Gallardo (Mil - P)2- Rich Harden (ChC - P)3- Kerry Wood (Cle - P)this is what im thinking now. i like gallardo more than zambrano this year, and i like having a closer before the draft even starts.edit: on second thought, i forgot about morrow ($1) who i really wanna keep.
if u like morrow then ditch wood to get him in there.keeping a middle of the road closer like wood doesn't seem to good.

Users who are viewing this thread