What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Keeper League Question - Choose 4 to Keep (1 Viewer)

rschroeder1

Footballguy
Thanks to all who have chimed in on this question for me over the years.

League:  12 teams, 15 roster spots, QB RB RB WR WR TE RB/WR/TE

Keeper rules:  keep 0-4 players.  Cost is one draft round higher than the previous year.  Undrafted = 15th round.

My draft position:  4th in a snake draft

Note:  we dropped K and D this year, so the round numbers might look funky below, as some players were kept int he 17th round previously.

Keeper Options (draft round for 2019)

Amari Cooper (1)
Carlos Hyde (4)
Marlon Mack (7)
Cooper Kupp (8)
Courtland Sutton (9)
Devonta Freeman (11)
Ben Roethlisberger (12)
Juju Smith-Schuster (15)
Dante Pettis (15)
Kalen Ballage (15)
Hunter Henry (15)
Jerick McKinnon (15)
Darrel Williams (15)
Malcolm Brown (15)

My plan:  Mack (7), Kupp (8), Freeman (11), Smith-Schuster (15).  Very tempted by Pettis, though.

What do you think?

I can't disagree with your lean right now, but depending on preseason Sutton, Pettis or McKinnon could knock out Kupp (if not healthy) or Freeman.

For me Freeman and Juju are no brainers.  They are for sure no matter what (barring pre-season injury of course).  After that my candidates would be the following (in no particular order):

• Mack - performed well and should have a similar load this year.  Not sure if he loses touches or TD opportunities with the cast of players there.  Probably a keep.
  • Kupp - if healthy he should be an easy keeper.  I just wonder if last year was a true representation and coming off a major injury there are loads of questions. 
  • Pettis - I am really high on him and think he is the #1 in SF.  I think he has mid WR2 level in him.  Tough to pass in this round.
  • Henry - SD (yes they will always be SD to me) should score a ton of TD's and Henry will be a red zone target.  He hasn't done it and is injury prone but if you keep him you just forget about TE for the draft. 
  • McKinnon - was touted as the guy last year before injury.  Crowded back field so pre season will be the key to whether or not he is even an option. 
I probably keep Mack (although I am not sold) and Pettis.  I think he is the real deal and have a bit of worry over the knee injury of Kupp....plus the value of the 15th round helps push him over the top for me. 

I like Mack, Freeman & JuJu, I would lean towards Henry with a 15th RD designation over Kupp with an 8th (Only because of the injury concern). If your not sold on Henry, then definitely Pettis with a 15th RD designation. In my opinion it's tough to pass up that kind of production with a 15th RD tag.

Thank you all for your insight.  I'm looking at keeping Kupp at the 8th round as with the 48 players removed and re-organized through the draft list, Kupp becomes a 2nd round redraft pick (based on Yahoo's draft order).  With Pettis, I can theoretically get him in the 6th round with how the redraft is stacking up.  Henry would be a 3rd rounder.

Juju and Freeman for sure...and probably Mack (I'm just not a believer)

I'd consider Henry...great value at 15.

for me, I keep Smith-Schuster, Freeman, Mack and Pettis.  I have Pettis, Kupp and Sutton valued very similar, thus with the pick designation, I would keep Pettis.  My initial thought would be Henry, but value wise, the receivers came out ahead.  Assuming this is a standard scoring league?

Users who are viewing this thread