What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Keeper Selection/Strategy Help (1 Viewer)

JayK

Footballguy
a complicated/detailed question...

12 Team Standard league, 6pt/TD, 1pt/10 yds rushing or receiving, 1 pt/30 yds passing.

My best three keepers are Watson/Dobbins/Walker (yuk to all 3); everyone must keep 2 and they are handled like our 1st and 2nd picks of the draft.
We play 2 RB, 2WR, 1 Flex (RB/WR/TE)

I have 3rd pick in the draft. Players available include Jefferson, McCaffery, Chubb, Robinson, Mahomes

I figure the first two will be gone when I pick (this gets even more complicated if Jefferson is still there at 3). By the time the snake draft gets back to me I'm in the Higgins/Ridley WR area, the best RBs will be gone. Do I:

- keep Watson and one RB (betting on Watson returning to form), then take the best RB available (a start like Watson, Dobbins, Chubb) ?
OR
- keep Walker and Dobbins then go best available (a start like Dobbins, Walker and Chubb) ?
OR
- keep Walker and Dobbins then "swing for the fences" and go with a pick like Mahomes (a start like Dobbins, Walker and Mahomes) ?

I'm open to all three options, but right now I'm leaning towards the first or third options; with well below average keepers the middle option seems a bit too conservative. The first two options will require me to gamble later in the draft on "upside" players, while the last option gives me a player with a scoring advantage every week.

If you're still awake after all this... LOL... thoughts?

This is a tough one, although I don't know how you can keep Watson being that he'd be your 1st/2nd round pick.

The Problem: keeping 2x RB's sorta forces you into looking at WR in the 1st round.

That said, the thought of getting Robinson as your keeper for years to come is VERY enticing (assuming there's no limit on keeper length), even though that'd mean you'd have 3x RB's in the 1st 3 rounds. IF you don't want to go that route, I still think I'd keep Dobbins & Walker and then just get best available.

Good luck and take a look at mine:

This is a 1QB league correct? If that is the case there is no way I keep Watson. Keep the other two guys and take the best available player at pick 1.03.

I wouldn't force a QB with that pick unless 10 QB's are already taken and Watson definitely isn't worth keeping in this format regardless.

Users who are viewing this thread