What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Keeper strategy question (1 Viewer)

Hurl Bruce

Footballguy
To all the brilliant minds of this forum:

2QB Keeper league - 10 teams

We do a progressive and then regressive number of keepers each year. Started at 3 then increased by 1 each year up to 6 then back down to 3. We're at the 5 going down year. (3-4-5-6-5-4-3).

I'm sitting here with the following players (can keep anyone for as many seasons as we want and no round penalty):

• Pat Mahomes
  • Anthony Richardson
  • CeeDee Lamb
  • Tyreek Hill
  • Kyren Williams
  • Trey McBride
  • Mark Andrews
  • Drake London
My question is do I try to trade Hill now as he's getting older or do I just hold him for his last couple years and jettison him when I hit the 3 keeper year? I'd really like to make a play for Marvin Harrison and try to trade Hill to the guy with the top pick, but is it worth it? Is Harrison going to be in my top 3 (if Richardson pans out) in two years just looking at this group? I have no idea what the compensation package would look like. The guy is not a dummy, so it won't be cheap.

Personally I wouldn't really worry that far into the future for planning my keepers. Too many things can change really hampering your plans.

Being that is a 2QB league it's easy to make the QB's two of your keepers for sure. After that Lamb, Hill and either Kyren or a TE for your final 2.

but I do think that FYPOV getting MHJ for a ageing Tyreek makes sense. I bet you that guy asks for at least Mahomes/Hill.

I would prob not sell the farm like that though. Maybe I'd sell high on Tyreek but wouldn't expect the 1.1 for him.

Last edited:

We do a progressive and then regressive number of keepers each year. Started at 3 then increased by 1 each year up to 6 then back down to 3. We're at the 5 going down year. (3-4-5-6-5-4-3).

I'm sitting here with the following players (can keep anyone for as many seasons as we want and no round penalty):

• Pat Mahomes
  • Anthony Richardson
  • CeeDee Lamb
  • Tyreek Hill
  • Kyren Williams
  • Trey McBride
  • Mark Andrews
  • Drake London
My question is do I try to trade Hill now as he's getting older or do I just hold him for his last couple years and jettison him when I hit the 3 keeper year? I'd really like to make a play for Marvin Harrison and try to trade Hill to the guy with the top pick, but is it worth it? Is Harrison going to be in my top 3 (if Richardson pans out) in two years just looking at this group? I have no idea what the compensation package would look like. The guy is not a dummy, so it won't be cheap.
100% keepers are Mahomes, RIchardson and Lamb (and Hill if you don't trade him). With those 2 QBs, Hill and Lamb you are set up to compete this year. Then I would look to keep either Williams or McBride (probably) as I'm not sure what Andrews recovery is like right now.

I would be actively shopping Williams, McBride, Andrews and London and see what max value you can get. Getting something, even a later pick is better than nothing at all. Depending who I can trade would then determine who my last keeper is.

I'd be ok keeping any of those last 4 depending on league settings. Williams, London and McBride probably offer you the most value in trades right now if you decide to keep Hill. Keeping Hill lets you compete this year.

I bet you that guy asks for at least Mahomes/Hill.
If you are saying it would take Mahomes AND Hill to get MHJ in a 2QB league I think this is way, way too much. Possibly in a 1QB league but definitely not in a 2QB league.
I've only done a 2 QB league once so I'm not an expert, **** I'm prob not an expert at 1OB. What I am suggesting is that I wouldn't be all that surprised if the guy that has the first pick wanted Mahomes as compensation. Now maybe the guy would be kind of fair about it and say I want Hill and Richardson or some other combination of Hill and...but and maybe I'm being cynical here owners with the 1.1 wanting an astronomical return seems like it would be something some owners might do. This data probably does not exist but I would be curious what owners are asking and what owners are paying this year for the 1.1. It's also possible that folks are not selling the 1.1.

I bet you that guy asks for at least Mahomes/Hill.
If you are saying it would take Mahomes AND Hill to get MHJ in a 2QB league I think this is way, way too much. Possibly in a 1QB league but definitely not in a 2QB league.
I've only done a 2 QB league once so I'm not an expert, **** I'm prob not an expert at 1OB. What I am suggesting is that I wouldn't be all that surprised if the guy that has the first pick wanted Mahomes as compensation. Now maybe the guy would be kind of fair about it and say I want Hill and Richardson or some other combination of Hill and...but and maybe I'm being cynical here owners with the 1.1 wanting an astronomical return seems like it would be something some owners might do. This data probably does not exist but I would be curious what owners are asking and what owners are paying this year for the 1.1. It's also possible that folks are not selling the 1.1.
This league is based mostly in Ohio, so the idea of getting MHJr is going to be very appealing.

• Pat Mahomes
  • Anthony Richardson
  • CeeDee Lamb
  • Tyreek Hill
  • Kyren Williams
  • Trey McBride
  • Mark Andrews
  • Drake London
100% keepers are Mahomes, RIchardson and Lamb (and Hill if you don't trade him). With those 2 QBs, Hill and Lamb you are set up to compete this year. Then I would look to keep either Williams or McBride (probably) as I'm not sure what Andrews recovery is like right now.

I would be actively shopping Williams, McBride, Andrews and London and see what max value you can get. Getting something, even a later pick is better than nothing at all. Depending who I can trade would then determine who my last keeper is.

I'd be ok keeping any of those last 4 depending on league settings. Williams, London and McBride probably offer you the most value in trades right now if you decide to keep Hill. Keeping Hill lets you compete this year.
Yeah. I'm going to float out some of those guys to teams with weak keepers. See what I can get.

After I successfully unloaded Megatron at the end of his career for a young Nuk, I've always hunted for similar deals.

Users who are viewing this thread