What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Kevin Williams (1 Viewer)

blake

Footballguy
I paid $8 for Kevin Williams on a $150 team budget because FBG rated Williams #3 as a DL. However, now, he's in a bit of difficulty with an alleged assault case and FBG ranks him #45 on their cheat sheet.I'd like to release him, but don't want someone else to get him. Leonard Little is a free agent but he wasn't rated that high in the preseason by this site (#29).Free agents have a minimum salary of $6 in my league though and I'm right at the salary cap ($150) because of semi-poor budget management. Plus, I see Troy Polamalu as a DB is ranked in the 30's...Is this just a case of having to stick with guys who are rated low some weeks, but usually the best IDPs (Polamalu and Williams I thought were two) are usually rated higher? I never realized the IDP ratings could fluctuate so much.

I paid $8 for Kevin Williams on a $150 team budget because FBG rated Williams #3 as a DL. However, now, he's in a bit of difficulty with an alleged assault case and FBG ranks him #45 on their cheat sheet.

I'd like to release him, but don't want someone else to get him. Leonard Little is a free agent but he wasn't rated that high in the preseason by this site (#29).

Free agents have a minimum salary of $6 in my league though and I'm right at the salary cap ($150) because of semi-poor budget management. Plus, I see Troy Polamalu as a DB is ranked in the 30's...

Is this just a case of having to stick with guys who are rated low some weeks, but usually the best IDPs (Polamalu and Williams I thought were two) are usually rated higher? I never realized the IDP ratings could fluctuate so much.
Yes. Weekly IDP ratings are based a lot on the weekly matchup and must be viewed as if they are in a vacuum. The best IDP in the league may be dinged up a little or playing against and offense that is not conducive to the IDP positional scoring....so he may drop, but at the end of the season he winds up as the best IDP. If you are actively managing your roster the weekly cheat sheets help you uncover some hidden gems that you wouldn't otherwise be starting, but don't view a weekly cheatsheet as some new ranking structure that is applicable for the rest of the season.

Form your own opinions about who'll do well each week. It's an absolute miracle that Leonard Little so I'd definitely snag him.

Form your own opinions about who'll do well each week. It's an absolute miracle that Leonard Little so I'd definitely snag him.
Well, unfortunately Little would be $6, so my only choice might be to release someone like Kevin Williams or Patrick Kerney since they make over $6. I know I'm going to have to attack the waiver wire this year because I'm maxed out on cap. Kerney and Williams were rated #2 and #3 in the preseason by FBG, so I'm REALLY hesitant to release them, and I don't really have anyone else that I can drop since I wouldn't be able to sign a free agent if I did.In that instance, is keeping Williams and Kerney smart and not signing Little?

Form your own opinions about who'll do well each week.  It's an absolute miracle that Leonard Little so I'd definitely snag him.
Well, unfortunately Little would be $6, so my only choice might be to release someone like Kevin Williams or Patrick Kerney since they make over $6. I know I'm going to have to attack the waiver wire this year because I'm maxed out on cap. Kerney and Williams were rated #2 and #3 in the preseason by FBG, so I'm REALLY hesitant to release them, and I don't really have anyone else that I can drop since I wouldn't be able to sign a free agent if I did.In that instance, is keeping Williams and Kerney smart and not signing Little?
Dropping Kerney would be a mistake. I'm not sure what to think of Williams at this point. His Week 1 performance was certainly underwhelming.

Users who are viewing this thread