What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Kiper's big board - 2007-2008 Edition (1 Viewer)

Are we allowed to post Insider material (pay material) from other sites over here?
Nope. Strictly verboten.
Isn't Kiper's stuff on ESPN all on the Insider (pay) part? I know he released a new mock too. Are we allowed to post and discuss that?
His big board isn't but his mock is. I don't think we'd want to discuss his mock even if we could. :kicksrock:
Thanks

COuld someone explain the DeSean Jackson love to me? I know he's fast and explosive, but he wasn't super productive in the no defense Pac 10 and he is tiny...

Hard to imagine a 5'11", 170 lb guy being a difference maker at WR...

COuld someone explain the DeSean Jackson love to me? I know he's fast and explosive, but he wasn't super productive in the no defense Pac 10 and he is tiny...Hard to imagine a 5'11", 170 lb guy being a difference maker at WR...
See the Ted Ginn pick from last year (9th overall), except I think Jackson is a better return man and receiver.His size, speed and receiving/return numbers compare very favorably to NFL WR like Santana Moss, Santonio Holmes and Ted Ginn. Not saying Jackson is Devin Hester but he is an elite return man. Throw in good receiving skills/home run ability and you have the making of a top-10 or mid-first rounder.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are we allowed to post Insider material (pay material) from other sites over here?
Nope. Strictly verboten.
Isn't Kiper's stuff on ESPN all on the Insider (pay) part? I know he released a new mock too. Are we allowed to post and discuss that?
His big board isn't but his mock is. I don't think we'd want to discuss his mock even if we could. :nerd:
His big board is Insider material, FWIW.

maxwelledison said:
Tremendous Upside said:
COuld someone explain the DeSean Jackson love to me? I know he's fast and explosive, but he wasn't super productive in the no defense Pac 10 and he is tiny...Hard to imagine a 5'11", 170 lb guy being a difference maker at WR...
I was just thinking the exact same thing.
Put him in the slot on a fast track and he'll be deadly. Think Minnesota/Atlanta/New Orleans/St. Louis.

jeter23 said:
Andy Dufresne said:
Ramblin Wreck said:
Andy Dufresne said:
Ramblin Wreck said:
Nope. Strictly verboten.
His big board isn't but his mock is. I don't think we'd want to discuss his mock even if we could. :yucky:
His big board is Insider material, FWIW.
No it's not.

Frenchy Fuqua said:
Tremendous Upside said:
See the Ted Ginn pick from last year (9th overall), except I think Jackson is a better return man and receiver.His size, speed and receiving/return numbers compare very favorably to NFL WR like Santana Moss, Santonio Holmes and Ted Ginn. Not saying Jackson is Devin Hester but he is an elite return man. Throw in good receiving skills/home run ability and you have the making of a top-10 or mid-first rounder.
All 3 of those guys are 10-20 pounds heavier than Jackson...Plus Moss has had 2 good seasons in his career and Ginn was widely considered a reach...I like Jackson, but 10-15 seems high for a tiny guy like that...

Frenchy Fuqua said:
Tremendous Upside said:
All 3 of those guys are 10-20 pounds heavier than Jackson...Plus Moss has had 2 good seasons in his career and Ginn was widely considered a reach...I like Jackson, but 10-15 seems high for a tiny guy like that...
I don't disagree with your opinion that 10-15 seems high for a fragile WR but in the era of speed, spread offenses and deadly return men DeSean Jackson fits the bill. The guy is explosive.According to NFLDraftScout which takes combine/Pro Day measurements:DeSean Jackson: 5117, 178 pounds. Projected to run 4.32 40Ted Ginn: 5112, 178 pounds. Ran a 4.38 40 at OSU Pro Day.Santonio Holmes: 5105, 188 pounds. Ran a 4.35 at OSU Pro Day.Santana Moss: 5095, 181 pounds. Ran a 4.31 at NFL Combine.

Last edited by a moderator:
This time of year gets my blood pumping... I couldn't care less about the Super Bowl.

Watching every second of the combine on the NFL Network is far more appealing to me. <_<

I also think Dorsey goes first overall, but then I'm assuming Miami feels Dorsey can/will play the LDE spot in their 3-4 and he moves to DT on passing downs with 4 rushers.

I have not seen Little Animal listed anywhere latley in mocks and such. Is he returning to Ohio State. I thought he ws a junior and assumed he'd be on his way to the pro's.

Frenchy Fuqua said:
Tremendous Upside said:
I don't disagree with your opinion that 10-15 seems high for a fragile WR but in the era of speed, spread offenses and deadly return men DeSean Jackson fits the bill. The guy is explosive.According to NFLDraftScout which takes combine/Pro Day measurements:DeSean Jackson: 5117, 178 pounds. Projected to run 4.32 40Ted Ginn: 5112, 178 pounds. Ran a 4.38 40 at OSU Pro Day.Santonio Holmes: 5105, 188 pounds. Ran a 4.35 at OSU Pro Day.Santana Moss: 5095, 181 pounds. Ran a 4.31 at NFL Combine.
If he runs a low 4.3 at the combine I'll have no problems drafting him at all. As a receiver he's much better than Ginn and I'd put him about even with Holmes, but maybe even more explosive.

Users who are viewing this thread