What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Kiper's big board - 2007-2008 Edition (1 Viewer)

GordonGekko said:
The Cowboys own the Browns #1 pick correct? I.E. in the Brady Quinn trade. The Browns don't look so hot this year and its conceivable they will tank badly the rest of the way.
Dude, are you serious? They just finished the most difficult part of their schedule. They are 3-3, and are starting to look like they might fight for a wildcard, and they are only 1 game back in the AFC North. They play games against St. Louis, Cincinnati, NY Jets, Buffalo, San Francisco, and Houston the rest of the way. They have the forth best offense in the league next to Dallas, NE, and Indy. I think they are looking pretty darn good!

As a big Miami fan, the biggest problem with this draft is that there will probably not be anyone out there who is willing to trade up into the #1 or #2 spot and give us lots, and lots, and lots, and lots of additional picks. :shock:

Otah is moving too far up the board. Pitt guy - there's been a lot of talk of the Steelers drafting a combo G/T - he fits the bill at 340 lbs and is mashing people this year. If his stock keeps rising, the Steelers will never get him.

Browns Rule! said:
GordonGekko said:
The Cowboys own the Browns #1 pick correct? I.E. in the Brady Quinn trade. The Browns don't look so hot this year and its conceivable they will tank badly the rest of the way.
Dude, are you serious? They just finished the most difficult part of their schedule. They are 3-3, and are starting to look like they might fight for a wildcard, and they are only 1 game back in the AFC North. They play games against St. Louis, Cincinnati, NY Jets, Buffalo, San Francisco, and Houston the rest of the way. They have the forth best offense in the league next to Dallas, NE, and Indy. I think they are looking pretty darn good!
He did post that three weeks ago before the Browns started looking like a legit NFL team.

Browns Rule! said:
GordonGekko said:
He did post that three weeks ago before the Browns started looking like a legit NFL team.
Ooops, I thought that was recent :thumbup: My bad, I guess I'm just so excited that we now have a playoff and probable Super Bowl team that I didn't look at when that was posted.

As of 11/2

Player Yr. Pos. School Chg. 1. Glenn Dorsey Sr. DT LSU 2. Jake Long Sr. OT Michigan 3. Matt Ryan Sr. QB Boston College 4. Chris Long Sr. DE Virginia 5. Sedrick Ellis Sr. DT USC 6. Brian Brohm Sr. QB Louisville 7. Dan Connor Sr. LB Penn State 8. Andre' Woodson Sr. QB Kentucky 9. Mike Jenkins Sr. CB South Florida 10. Quentin Groves Sr. DE Auburn 11. Ali Highsmith Sr. LB LSU 12. Kentwan Balmer Sr. DT UNC 13. Gosder Cherilus Sr. OT Boston College 14. Jeff Otah Sr. OT Pittsburgh (+2) 15. Lawrence Jackson Sr. DE USC 16. Lavelle Hawkins Sr. WR Cal (-2) 17. Limas Sweed Sr. WR Texas (New again) 18. Keith Rivers Sr. LB LSU (-1) 19. DeJuan Tribble Sr. CB Boston College (-1) 20. Sam Baker Sr. OT USC (-1) 21. Early Doucet Sr. WR LSU (+1) 22. Darrell Robertson Sr. DE Georgia Tech (+1) 23. DJ Hall Sr. WR Alabama (+1) 24. Chevis Jackson Sr. CB LSU (-4) 25. Cody Wallace Sr. C Texas A&M Dropped Eric Young
Too bad about Young. Wonder if he can get a medical redshirt.Not much of a change this week other than a re-appearance by Sweed and a drop of Chevis Jackson. Otah keeps moving his way up.

Last edited by a moderator:
GordonGekko said:
Ooops, I thought that was recent :thumbup: My bad, I guess I'm just so excited that we now have a playoff and probable Super Bowl team that I didn't look at when that was posted.
Lets not get crazy.

what about that safety? Everybody seems to think he is a top 10 draft pick and he isn't even on his list?

rascal said:
what about that safety? Everybody seems to think he is a top 10 draft pick and he isn't even on his list?
He's a junior. Kiper doesn't put underclassmen on his big board until they declare.

GordonGekko said:
Here's the complication I see. The Pats own the 49ers #1 pick correct? I.E. NE lost it's own 1st rounder over CameraGate but didn't lose the 49ers pick. The 49ers don't look very good this season. I don't think they will look good period this year. The Cowboys own the Browns #1 pick correct? I.E. in the Brady Quinn trade. The Browns don't look so hot this year and its conceivable they will tank badly the rest of the way. I'm starting wonder if the Cowboys and Pats both get high picks in this next draft, and they are both legit Super Bowl contenders right now, how will that shake up the order of things? Both teams have franchise QBs and Barber and Maroney look like they can be productive given health and opportunity. Will they trade down? Will they go after one of the marquee backs? Will Angry Bill gun for yet another heavy hitter on the D line? Do they even want to pay the cap cost of what signing those high picks would be? I think the ripple effect is some of these QB prospects will drop a bit further down. Teams that might not normally do poorly enough to get a shot at a good QB prospect might luck out next year in the draft.
The Patriots will go with the best LB on the board. If they dont go LB, they will go with another player on the D side of the ball. "Angry Bill" always builds his teams from the defensive side of the ball.
No he doesn't. He has drafted offense about half of the time: two TE's (traded up for Graham), a rb and an O-lineman in the first round since their first Super Bowl win. Every year people say "They have to go LB in the first this year". While this year might be different, I don't think he has ever drafted a LB on the first day at NE

Foosball God said:
GordonGekko said:
Ooops, I thought that was recent :lmao: My bad, I guess I'm just so excited that we now have a playoff and probable Super Bowl team that I didn't look at when that was posted.
Lets not get crazy.
:clyde: No kidding. Perhaps you chose your words in haste, but what you're saying is that the Browns have a better than 50/50 chance of getting to the Super Bowl over New England and Indy (not to even mention Pittsburgh, Baltimore, Tennessee, Jacksonville, San Diego, etc.....)

I'd put Cleveland's chances of even making the playoffs at less than 50/50.

Foosball God said:
GordonGekko said:
Ooops, I thought that was recent :) My bad, I guess I'm just so excited that we now have a playoff and probable Super Bowl team that I didn't look at when that was posted.
Lets not get crazy.
:thumbup: No kidding. Perhaps you chose your words in haste, but what you're saying is that the Browns have a better than 50/50 chance of getting to the Super Bowl over New England and Indy (not to even mention Pittsburgh, Baltimore, Tennessee, Jacksonville, San Diego, etc.....)

whats funny is if the browns were inthe NFC,they'd probably be a shoe in

I thought the pats lost whichever number one pick is higher? Was it announced that they were losing their number one and not the highest pick they have?

I still think Dorsey could end up as the #1 pick. As long as it is not a team running a base 3-4, Dorsey will play, lift, measure and grade himself into that slot.
When was the last time a DT went #1 overall? I really don't know - I'm just asking.Edit: Found it. Nice run for DT's in the early 90's (The numbers are years played and Pro Bowls).1994 Dan Wilkinson DT Ohio State Cincinnati Bengals 13 0 1992 Steve Emtman DT Washington Indianapolis Colts 8 0 1991 Russell Maryland DT Miami, (Fla.) Dallas Cowboys 10 1
Matt Millen: "This is why I always go with a WR"Seriously, that's far from a ringing endorsement to pony up #1 overall money for a DT.

Foosball God said:
GordonGekko said:
Ooops, I thought that was recent :) My bad, I guess I'm just so excited that we now have a playoff and probable Super Bowl team that I didn't look at when that was posted.
Lets not get crazy.
:hot: No kidding. Perhaps you chose your words in haste, but what you're saying is that the Browns have a better than 50/50 chance of getting to the Super Bowl over New England and Indy (not to even mention Pittsburgh, Baltimore, Tennessee, Jacksonville, San Diego, etc.....)

Evil Grin dispencing knowledge on the Browns decision to trade away Charlie Frye and insert Derek Anderson into the starting lineup after the first game of the season.http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index...9194&st=600

Evilgrin 72

Sep 13 2007, 01:49 PM

Look at my quote - what I said was "it was about the worst set of coaching decisions I've seen in my life."

About the WORST set of coaching decisions he'd ever seen in his life.

Evil Grin never has chosen his words in haste on anything Browns related.

Err, according to him that is.

Why are there no RB's on this board? :P Seriously? Is neither McFadden, Rice, Slaton or Stewart good enough to be in the top 25?

ETA: Ok Seniors only.

1. Glenn Dorsey Sr. DT LSU

2. Jake Long Sr. OT Michigan

3. Matt Ryan Sr. QB Boston College

4. Chris Long Sr. DE Virginia

5. Sedrick Ellis Sr. DT USC

6. Brian Brohm Sr. QB Louisville

7. Kentwan Balmer Sr. DT UNC (up 5)

8. Andre' Woodson Sr. QB Kentucky

9. Dan Connor Sr. LB Penn State (down 2)

10. Quentin Groves Sr. DE Auburn

11. Jeff Otah Sr. OT Pittsburgh (up 3, sorry Evilgrin)

12. Mike Jenkins Sr. CB South Florida (down 3)

13. Sam Baker Sr. OT USC (up 7)

14. Limas Sweed Sr. WR Texas (up 3)

15. Ali Highsmith Sr. LB LSU (down 4)

16. Dennis Dixon Sr. QB Oregon (NEW!)

17. Early Doucet Sr. WR LSU (up 4)

18. Mike Hart Sr. RB Michigan (NEW!)

19. Keith Rivers Sr. LB LSU (down 1)

20. Lavelle Hawkins Sr. WR Cal (down 4)

21. Lawrence Jackson Sr. DE USC (down 6)

22. DJ Hall Sr. WR Alabama (up 1)

23. Darrell Robertson Sr. DE Georgia Tech (down 1)

24. Gosder Cherilus Sr. OT Boston College (down 11)

25. Charles Godfrey Sr. CB Iowa (NEW!)

Dropped

DeJuan Tribble

Chevis Jackson

Cody Wallace

Cherilus has played poorly lately.

Blamer has really moved up the last couple iterations.

I too have become a believer in both Dennis Dixon and Mike Hart.

GordonGekko said:
Lets not get crazy.
:shrug: No kidding. Perhaps you chose your words in haste, but what you're saying is that the Browns have a better than 50/50 chance of getting to the Super Bowl over New England and Indy (not to even mention Pittsburgh, Baltimore, Tennessee, Jacksonville, San Diego, etc.....)

Evil Grin dispencing knowledge on the Browns decision to trade away Charlie Frye and insert Derek Anderson into the starting lineup after the first game of the season.http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index...9194&st=600

Evilgrin 72

Sep 13 2007, 01:49 PM

Look at my quote - what I said was "it was about the worst set of coaching decisions I've seen in my life."

About the WORST set of coaching decisions he'd ever seen in his life.

Evil Grin never has chosen his words in haste on anything Browns related.

Err, according to him that is.
Way to stay with posts that are relevant to the thread, buddy ! :hifive: Your man-crush on me is flattering though. By the way, Anderson was terrific yesterday - if you see him, tell him I said thanks for the division title.Anyway, to get back on point here, WTF is going on with Jeff Otah? Kiper needs to chill the f--- out ! :)

Any USC fans here? Sam Baker must really be playing well. Good decision to go back to school this year.
Not sure - I think he would have been a top-5 pick had he come out last year. I think Arizona may have taken him over Levi Brown.
I don't think so. The last couple games last year he looked terrible. I think he had a hamstring/knee injury or something.
If that's the case, then it probably was a good call. I just remembered hearing some people saying he would have been a top-10 pick if he came out, earlier in the season.

3. Matt Ryan Sr. QB Boston College

7. Kentwan Balmer Sr. DT UNC

9. Dan Connor Sr. LB Penn State

11. Jeff Otah Sr. OT Pittsburgh

12. Mike Jenkins Sr. CB South Florida

13. Sam Baker Sr. OT USC

14. Limas Sweed Sr. WR Texas

15. Ali Highsmith Sr. LB LSU

16. Dennis Dixon Sr. QB Oregon

17. Early Doucet Sr. WR LSU

18. Tracy Porter Sr. CB Indiana

19. Chris Williams Sr. OT Vanderbilt

20. Keith Rivers Sr. LB USC

21. Mike Hart Sr. RB Michigan

22. Lavelle Hawkins Sr. WR California

23. Lawrence Jackson Sr. DE USC

24. Charles Godfrey Sr. CB Iowa

25. DJ Hall Sr. WR Alabama

Dropped

Darrell Robertson

Gosder Cherilus

3. Chris Long Sr. DE Virginia

4. Matt Ryan Sr. QB Boston College

7. Kentwan Balmer Sr. DT UNC

9. Dan Connor Sr. LB Penn State

11. Mike Jenkins Sr. CB South Florida

12. Sam Baker Sr. OT USC

13. Ali Highsmith Sr. LB LSU

14. Limas Sweed Sr. WR Texas

15. Chris Williams Sr. OT Vanderbilt

16. Tracy Porter Sr. CB Indiana

17. Fred Davis Sr. TE USC

18. Early Doucet Sr. WR LSU

19. Leodis McKelvin Sr. CB Troy

20. Lawrence Jackson Sr. DE USC

21. Jeff Otah Sr. OT Pittsburgh

22. Chris Ellis Sr. DE Virginia Tech

23. Keith Rivers Sr. LB USC

24. Mike Hart Sr. RB Michigan

25. Charles Godfrey Sr. CB Iowa

Dropped

Lavelle Hawkins

Can't wait until he can include the underclassmen.

1. Glenn Dorsey Sr. DT LSU 2. Jake Long Sr. OT Michigan 3. Chris Long Sr. DE Virginia 4. Matt Ryan Sr. QB Boston College 5. Sedrick Ellis Sr. DT USC 6. Brian Brohm Sr. QB Louisville 7. Kentwan Balmer Sr. DT UNC 8. Andre' Woodson Sr. QB Kentucky 9. Dan Connor Sr. LB Penn State 10. Quentin Groves Sr. DE Auburn 11. Mike Jenkins Sr. CB South Florida 12. Sam Baker Sr. OT USC 13. Ali Highsmith Sr. LB LSU 14. Limas Sweed Sr. WR Texas 15. Chris Williams Sr. OT Vanderbilt 16. Tracy Porter Sr. CB Indiana 17. Fred Davis Sr. TE USC 18. Early Doucet Sr. WR LSU 19. Leodis McKelvin Sr. CB Troy 20. Lawrence Jackson Sr. DE USC 21. Jeff Otah Sr. OT Pittsburgh 22. Chris Ellis Sr. DE Virginia Tech 23. Keith Rivers Sr. LB USC 24. Mike Hart Sr. RB Michigan 25. Charles Godfrey Sr. CB Iowa Dropped Lavelle HawkinsCan't wait until he can include the underclassmen.
Otah down to #21. :thumbup:I could be completely wrong on this guy, I just think he has possibly the best combination of size/speed (read : upside) of any OT prospect in the last few drafts, and that includes Robert Gallery, Joe Thomas, and D'Brickashaw Ferguson.

Otah down to #21. :goodposting:I could be completely wrong on this guy, I just think he has possibly the best combination of size/speed (read : upside) of any OT prospect in the last few drafts, and that includes Robert Gallery, Joe Thomas, and D'Brickashaw Ferguson.
I think this is a good year for LT's, if a couple guys like Michael Oher declare.I wonder if Kiper makes his board fluid so that fans can get introduced to a number of prospects. I think he's attempting to make the draft more interesting.

1. Glenn Dorsey Sr. DT LSU 2. Jake Long Sr. OT Michigan 3. Chris Long Sr. DE Virginia 4. Matt Ryan Sr. QB Boston College 5. Sedrick Ellis Sr. DT USC 6. Brian Brohm Sr. QB Louisville 7. Kentwan Balmer Sr. DT UNC 8. Andre' Woodson Sr. QB Kentucky 9. Dan Connor Sr. LB Penn State 10. Quentin Groves Sr. DE Auburn 11. Mike Jenkins Sr. CB South Florida 12. Sam Baker Sr. OT USC 13. Ali Highsmith Sr. LB LSU 14. Limas Sweed Sr. WR Texas 15. Chris Williams Sr. OT Vanderbilt 16. Tracy Porter Sr. CB Indiana 17. Fred Davis Sr. TE USC 18. Early Doucet Sr. WR LSU 19. Leodis McKelvin Sr. CB Troy 20. Lawrence Jackson Sr. DE USC 21. Jeff Otah Sr. OT Pittsburgh 22. Chris Ellis Sr. DE Virginia Tech 23. Keith Rivers Sr. LB USC 24. Mike Hart Sr. RB Michigan 25. Charles Godfrey Sr. CB Iowa Dropped Lavelle HawkinsCan't wait until he can include the underclassmen.
So he can't even talk about the underclassmen? Until when?

Otah down to #21. :popcorn:I could be completely wrong on this guy, I just think he has possibly the best combination of size/speed (read : upside) of any OT prospect in the last few drafts, and that includes Robert Gallery, Joe Thomas, and D'Brickashaw Ferguson.
my boys will take him before yours do

Otah down to #21. :wub:I could be completely wrong on this guy, I just think he has possibly the best combination of size/speed (read : upside) of any OT prospect in the last few drafts, and that includes Robert Gallery, Joe Thomas, and D'Brickashaw Ferguson.
my boys will take him before yours do
F that - you already got McNeill... :bag:

So he can't even talk about the underclassmen? Until when?
Until they declare. I'm not sure if it's a self-imposed rule of his or not. He never includes a prospect unless they've declared for the draft.
Gotcha. Thanks. How many of those underclassmen do you think are going to be first rounders? Who?
Underclassmen and how likely I personally feel it is that they'll declareRBDarren McFadden (High)Johnathan Stewart (High)WRDeSean Jackson (High)Malcolm Kelly (Medium)OLRyan Clady (High)Michael Oher (Medium)DECalais Campbell (low)Derrick Harvey (High)Vernon Gholston (high)LBJames Laurinaitis (High)CBMalcolm Jenkins (High)Reggie Smith (Medium)Aqib Talib (Low)SKenny Phillips (High)

Otah down to #21. :moneybag:I could be completely wrong on this guy, I just think he has possibly the best combination of size/speed (read : upside) of any OT prospect in the last few drafts, and that includes Robert Gallery, Joe Thomas, and D'Brickashaw Ferguson.
I think this is a good year for LT's, if a couple guys like Michael Oher declare.I wonder if Kiper makes his board fluid so that fans can get introduced to a number of prospects. I think he's attempting to make the draft more interesting.
How is Oher rated by the experts? I read that book about him last year, then never heard his name once this past season.

Otah down to #21. :goodposting:

I could be completely wrong on this guy, I just think he has possibly the best combination of size/speed (read : upside) of any OT prospect in the last few drafts, and that includes Robert Gallery, Joe Thomas, and D'Brickashaw Ferguson.
How is Oher rated by the experts? I read that book about him last year, then never heard his name once this past season.
Info is sketchy. But he is a 2007 SEC First Teamer and mid-season All American by the Sporting News.Sounds like he's going to stay in school though.

How likely is it that Rashard Mendenhall will go pro? Would think he'd be in the 1st-round conversation as well (though I hope he stays with my Illini).

-QG

How likely is it that Rashard Mendenhall will go pro? Would think he'd be in the 1st-round conversation as well (though I hope he stays with my Illini).-QG
I'd say the chances are medium to high. He's definitely in the 1st round conversation. He has NFL size and speed and I think that the top 3 NFL ready backs are McFadden, Stewart, and Mendenhall.

McShay has his first mock up. Insiders freebie. Go to the link for the full dialogue. Good stuff here. Only cutting/pasting first five, go to link for full mock, its INSIDER but a freebie.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft08/ins...6lid%3dtab3pos1

Underclassmen dominate first mock draft

NFL Mock Draft

1. Miami Dolphins Current record: 0-12 Scouts Inc.'s three biggest needs: OT, OG, DT Projected pick: Glenn Dorsey, DT, LSU

2. New England Patriots (from 3-9 San Francisco) Current record: 12-0 Scouts Inc.'s three biggest needs: ILB, CB, OLB Projected pick: Darren McFadden*, RB, Arkansas

3. New York Jets Current record: 3-9 Scouts Inc.'s three biggest needs: WR, NT, ILB Projected pick: James Laurinaitis*, ILB, Ohio State

4. Atlanta Falcons Current record: 3-9 Scouts Inc.'s three biggest needs: QB, OL, DT Projected pick: Brian Brohm, QB, Louisville

5. St. Louis Rams Current record: 3-9 Scouts Inc.'s three biggest needs: OT, CB, DE Projected pick: Jake Long, OT, Michigan
Go to the link for the rest and explanations.

McShay has his first mock up. Insiders freebie. Go to the link for the full dialogue. Good stuff here. Only cutting/pasting first five, go to link for full mock, its INSIDER but a freebie.

NFL Mock Draft

1. Miami Dolphins Current record: 0-12 Scouts Inc.'s three biggest needs: OT, OG, DT Projected pick: Glenn Dorsey, DT, LSU

2. New England Patriots (from 3-9 San Francisco) Current record: 12-0 Scouts Inc.'s three biggest needs: ILB, CB, OLB Projected pick: Darren McFadden*, RB, Arkansas

3. New York Jets Current record: 3-9 Scouts Inc.'s three biggest needs: WR, NT, ILB Projected pick: James Laurinaitis*, ILB, Ohio State

4. Atlanta Falcons Current record: 3-9 Scouts Inc.'s three biggest needs: QB, OL, DT Projected pick: Brian Brohm, QB, Louisville

5. St. Louis Rams Current record: 3-9 Scouts Inc.'s three biggest needs: OT, CB, DE Projected pick: Jake Long, OT, Michigan
For some reason, I really don't like McShay's mocks. This top 5 looks okay, though.

NFL Mock Draft

I'd be shocked if Laurinaitis (or any LB) went that high.

NFL Mock Draft

I'd be shocked if Laurinaitis (or any LB) went that high.
Agree. Especially to a 3-4 team.

Mel's Big BoardPlayer Yr. Pos. School Chg.

1. Darren McFadden Jr. RB Arkansas

2. Glenn Dorsey Sr. DT LSU

3. Jake Long Sr. OT Michigan

6. Matt Ryan Sr. QB Boston College

7. Ryan Clady Jr. OT Boise St.

8. Aqib Talib Jr. CB Kansas

9. Vernon Gholston Jr. DE Ohio St.

10. DeSean Jackson Jr. WR California

11. Calais Campbell Jr. DE Miami

12. Sam Baker Sr. OT USC