What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

L Moore... startable now that Colston is back (1 Viewer)

KellysHeroes

Footballguy
Got to figure now that Shock may return and Colston is expected to return... Moore will be have a role in the offense, but it will be very small. Any thoughts

I think he's still going to get 5-6 receptions a game. Steady points, especially in PPR. Not a WR that will win you your league, but solid, consistent production.

Brees spreads the ball around too much. His #1 guy is the guy who is open. If nothing else Moore will be inconsistant.

I wouldn't feel great about having to start him every week, but I like having him on my bench as a temp fill-in

Given that the passing game is prolific and he has carved out a role, yes I think he still has value. Others have suggested a poor man's '07 Welker. I think that's an appropriate comparison.

Given that the passing game is prolific and he has carved out a role, yes I think he still has value. Others have suggested a poor man's '07 Welker. I think that's an appropriate comparison.
I don't think so. New Orleans has a lot more weapons and spreads it around more than 07 New England. Moore will have some good games but also some bad ones. He won't be nearly as consistent as Welker.

I don't think so. New Orleans has a lot more weapons and spreads it around more than 07 New England. Moore will have some good games but also some bad ones. He won't be nearly as consistent as Welker.
Um yes, I more or less agree. That's why he's a poor man's Welker. How consistent he is will probably come down to whether he is stealing Shockey's possession receptions or vice versa (assuming Shockey gets and stays healthy).

My concern is not a reduction in the 6-8 targets, 5-7 catches and modest yardage he will get ea. week.

It is a further reduction in his paltry 8 targets in the red zone. Colston has ridiculously good production inside the 20 over the last couple of years and, so far, all three of Bush, McAllister and Pierre Thomas have more red zone looks then Moore.

I don't think the team will use him like Welker, so I don't see Welker's '07 consistency happening - he is an outside possession receiver rather than a Welker/Engram master of the slot receiver position.

My concern is not a reduction in the 6-8 targets, 5-7 catches and modest yardage he will get ea. week.It is a further reduction in his paltry 8 targets in the red zone. Colston has ridiculously good production inside the 20 over the last couple of years and, so far, all three of Bush, McAllister and Pierre Thomas have more red zone looks then Moore.I don't think the team will use him like Welker, so I don't see Welker's '07 consistency happening - he is an outside possession receiver rather than a Welker/Engram master of the slot receiver position.
That's fair. It's not inconceivable that the presence of Colston will open up a few extra redzone opportunities for him.I realized I didn't really address the OP's question. I think he's a spot starter due to bye/injury/matchups for your other WRs. That's assuming there are no further injuries for the Saints WRs, which could increase his value again--Colston could immediately aggravate the injury trying to come back to soon, for example.

Users who are viewing this thread