What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Lance Moore has been quiet lately (1 Viewer)

Sabertooth

Footballguy
Obviously Lance Moore has been very solid this season. He was probably not drafted but filled in rather nicely throughout the season. However, over the last three weeks, he simply hasn't done much. I haven't seen any of the Saints game but was wondering if there is a reason for his decline and if there is hope that he bounces back this week.

Is Colston's return the biggest thing or has something else happened down in the Bayou?

Obviously Lance Moore has been very solid this season. He was probably not drafted but filled in rather nicely throughout the season. However, over the last three weeks, he simply hasn't done much. I haven't seen any of the Saints game but was wondering if there is a reason for his decline and if there is hope that he bounces back this week. Is Colston's return the biggest thing or has something else happened down in the Bayou?
His decline has been more evident with Bush's return. Now even with Bush (likely) out, Thomas still looks to fill that role. Moore was more of a short yardage/posession WR with the occassional ability to break a long one. I have both Colston and Moore and will start Colston with much more confidence than I do with Moore.

I know Pierre had a big week last week, but do you really think he'll all of a sudden start catching 6 balls a week? I'm asking because I am pretty ignorant of the situation down there.

I'm pretty much forced into starting Moore. I have Driver and Santana Moss, but I don't like their matchups. Hopefully, Moore/Fitzgerald/Welker will do enough for me.

I am starting him in a reception pts league and expect a big game. With all of this talk about fewer chances he still got 8 targets last week. Expect Brees to bounce back and bring Moore's numbers back up with him against the lions.

Was thinking the same thing. But watching Brees force the ball to Colston all night against the Bears, I'm going to ride the Kevin Walters alternate week theory.

Now that Reggie Bush is on IR, do you think this bumps Lance's value?

I'm kind of in the boat that thinks Payton will let Brees air it out a little more than usual and let Brees get a shot at the record now that they're out of contention. If so, add in the fact the Reggie is done for the year and I'm thinking this bodes well for Lance.

If I can't plug him in, I'd have to go with Braylon Edwards or Donnie avery.

Payton loves him some Brees...and I think he airs it out this week in an attempt at the record. Brees was in love with Moore, but Colston is like a filthy whore and Brees is a two timing pimp who seems to like Colston more that Moore now.

In all seriousness, I think with Bush in the lineup, the offensive packages changed a lot. I watched last weeks game, and Moore wasn't even on the field for half of the plays. Now that Bush is out, Moore will be on the field more and be more involved in the offense, IMO. More time on the field, equals more opporunities for Moore.

dang, that's a lot of mores.

What if NO jumps on the Lions early? I am worried about starting Moore for this reason... They get up using Colston and Pierre, and soon they are running the ball to run some clock. Debating between Moore, Cotchery, and Breaston. Leaning Moore, but not strongly...

What if NO jumps on the Lions early? I am worried about starting Moore for this reason... They get up using Colston and Pierre, and soon they are running the ball to run some clock. Debating between Moore, Cotchery, and Breaston. Leaning Moore, but not strongly...
I wouldn't be too concerned with that. The Saints defense is awful and Detroit has been in a lot of games early. Plus this is Detroit's best chance to notch a win with their last game on the road in Green Bay so I expect them to play well and possibly land the elusive W.The O/U looks to be 50 1/2, the highest for the week, and, if I were a gambling man, I would strongly consider taking the over. This has the feel of one of those freaky 45-42 games.Start everyone from both teams.

Last edited by a moderator:
Any one think the Saints may be back to passing all the time mode to help get Brees to the yardage record? With them being eliminated from the playoffs- I think Payton and Brees may figure the record is something to shoot for..

Payton loves him some Brees...and I think he airs it out this week in an attempt at the record. Brees was in love with Moore, but Colston is like a filthy whore and Brees is a two timing pimp who seems to like Colston more that Moore now. In all seriousness, I think with Bush in the lineup, the offensive packages changed a lot. I watched last weeks game, and Moore wasn't even on the field for half of the plays. Now that Bush is out, Moore will be on the field more and be more involved in the offense, IMO. More time on the field, equals more opporunities for Moore.dang, that's a lot of mores.
:goodposting:

Users who are viewing this thread