What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Larry Fitzgerald is undergoing an MRI on injured right knee (1 Viewer)

identikit

Footballguy
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Larry-...nee-injury.html

Larry Fitzgerald undergoing MRI for knee injury

Aaron Wilson

Fingers are crossed in the Valley of the Sun.

Why?

Arizona Cardinals franchise wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald is undergoing a magnetic resonance imaging exam on his injured right knee, according to the Arizona Republic.

Per the report, the Cardinals are hoping that it's nothing more than a slight sprain.

If that's the case, then the Cardinals have dodged a major bullet in a preseason where survival is the watchword for established veterans like Fitzgerald.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am currently watching a DVR of the game I did not see a specific play, but they show him getting the knee iced and later update that Fitzgerald looks okay and is up coaching/encoraging some spare WR. It did not look serious on the braodcast, but you never know.

I saw the hit, and im not trying to cause a stir but A.Wilson pop the Shhhh out of him flipped him over. Im a texan fan but never will nothing bad on Fitzy, but i was like i know

thats it for him for the day....and it was his last play, he didnt look hurt at all but it was a very hard hit.

I am currently watching a DVR of the game I did not see a specific play, but they show him getting the knee iced and later update that Fitzgerald looks okay and is up coaching/encoraging some spare WR. It did not look serious on the braodcast, but you never know.
It was the pass Fitz caught over the middle and got popped mid air.

per Kent Somers, Cardinals beat writer:

Fitzgerald says MRI news was good, knee sprained and he'll be conservative with it for a few weeks.

Fitz has MCL sprain, to be conservative

Posted by Darren Urban on August 15, 2010 – 2:44 pm

An MRI of Larry Fitzgerald’s right knee revealed just a sprain of the MCL (which is better than an ACL sprain). That’s good news. Fitzgerald said he’s talked to coach Ken Whisenhunt and the Cards will play it conservatively, which probably means no more preseason. But Fitz is expected to be ready by the time the Cardinals open the regular season in St. Louis Sept. 12. Base on how it looks frozen in time (below) it could have been worse. Fitzgerald has to be happy. Hopefully, he’ll heal quickly; Steve Breaston suffered a similar knee injury in the first preseason game last year and it seemed to take him a little while to get going again.

http://blog.azcardinals.com/2010/08/15/fit...e-conservative/

I'm just glad he won't be playing again until it counts. :popcorn:

It may not matter if Leinart keeps hanging him out to dry like that though.

Users who are viewing this thread