What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

LB to DE candidates (1 Viewer)

Is Kahlil Mack a LB now?  He was switched from LB to DE last year now I see he's back at LB.

Is Kahlil Mack a LB now?  He was switched from LB to DE last year now I see he's back at LB.
Welcome back from your coma...the weather has been nice, we have a new president, and there's a solar eclipse August 21st...check it out!

Robar said:
Welcome back from your coma...the weather has been nice, we have a new president, and there's a solar eclipse August 21st...check it out!
Thanks for the insight Chief.  The IDP league I'm in is a redraft so I don't follow this year around. Raiders.com still has him as a DE so it was a serious question.  Guess I don't take this hobby seriously enough for some of you. 

Still a DE end here...

http://www.raiders.com/team/depth-chart.html

Thanks for the insight Chief.  The IDP league I'm in is a redraft so I don't follow this year around. Raiders.com still has him as a DE so it was a serious question.  Guess I don't take this hobby seriously enough for some of you. 

Still a DE end here...

http://www.raiders.com/team/depth-chart.html
Oh take a breath and realize it was funny...or sift through a couple pages and realize it's already been covered in at least 5 threads including this one.

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/754691-lets-talk-khalil-mack-and-a-switch-back-to-lber/

No need to be rude this is a board to seek advice and get information.  I apologize for not using the search function but I thought it was an appropriate question for the LB/DE classification.

NFL.com still has him as a DE so I assumed this was something new...I guess not.

With comments like yours it's no wonder these boards are dead compared to just a couple of years ago.  Anyway have a nice day buddy.  Good luck to you this season.

No need to be rude this is a board to seek advice and get information.  I apologize for not using the search function but I thought it was an appropriate question for the LB/DE classification.

NFL.com still has him as a DE so I assumed this was something new...I guess not.

With comments like yours it's no wonder these boards are dead compared to just a couple of years ago.  Anyway have a nice day buddy.  Good luck to you this season.
sorry for being crass...yes, he will be a LB in MFL all year according to the guy that makes that determination....I think he will keep DE status on other sites but you just never know.

sorry for being crass...yes, he will be a LB in MFL all year according to the guy that makes that determination....I think he will keep DE status on other sites but you just never know.
You weren't crass somebody was too lazy to look around which is why these boards are dead. Twitter takes much less effort than digging into something for yourself.

Fingers still crossed that Ingram keeps his designation as a DL all year.  Anyone see how he was lined in in their first game?

Alex Okafor is listed at LB on MFL (a leftover from his ARI days) but is now a DE on Rotoworld.  This is a likely week he changes based on their past history:

Player Position Updates (Published Wed Jul 19 5:32:30 p.m. ET 2017)
Player Position Updates (Published Tue Jun 13 6:35:11 p.m. ET 2017)
Player Position Updates (Published Tue May 9 11:33:32 p.m. ET 2017)
Player Position Updates (Published Tue Apr 4 11:54:29 p.m. ET 2017)

It seems MFL imports positions changes about every 5 weeks.  This would put future ones at July 18th and August 23 if they hold to form with a couple more late adjustments.  This is pretty consistent with 2016:

Final Preseason Player Position Updates (Published Mon Sep 5 12:11:37 a.m. ET 2016)
Preseason Player Position Updates (Published Sun Aug 21 11:09:10 p.m. ET 2016)
Preseason Player Position Updates (Published Thu Aug 18 12:47:30 a.m. ET 2016)
Preseason Player Position Updates (Published Wed Jul 13 7:36:25 p.m. ET 2016)
Preseason Player Position Updates (Published Wed Jun 8 7:32:22 p.m. ET 2016)
Preseason Player Position Updates (Published Tue May 3 5:01:17 p.m. ET 2016)

MFL goes by the Rotoworld depth charts only. You can ignore the player page position designation (unless it is consistent with their depth chart).

Right on schedule.....

The following player position changes will be made on Wednesday, August 23rd, to bring our player database up-to-date with the Rotoworld.com depth charts:

ATL: Damontae Kazee from CB to S

BAL: Maurice Canady from S to CB

BAL: Lardarius Webb from CB to S

BUF: Eddie Yarbrough from LB to DE

CIN: Josh Shaw from CB to S

IND: Darius Butler from CB to S

NE : Deatrich Wise from DT to DE

NO : Alex Okafor from LB to DE

NO : Jason Jones from DE to DT

NYG: Romeo Okwara from DT to DE

OAK: IK Enemkpali from DE to LB

SF : Solomon Thomas from DT to DE

SF : Cornellius Carradine from DT to DE

SF : DeForest Buckner from DE to DT

TB : Ryan Smith from S to CB

The primary reason we track these is because MFL auto-updates from Rotoworld depth charts.  AFAIK CBS does their own designations, so they can't really be "behind" anything.

The Claymaker said:
NYG: Romeo Okwara from DT to DE

So much for that. 
It was bound to happen, he's been 2nd team DE with Taylor all TC behind JPP and Vernon, the DT's in base are Tomlinson and Snacks. The only glaring change missing here is a Safety that's played EVERY first team snap on a very safety friendly team yet is still flying under the radar with a CB designation. I hope it continues. I'm guessing if you play in CB required leagues you already know who I'm talking about. I won't say his name so I won't be blamed as the jinx but I'd be shocked if this isn't fixed next update. I personally hope it stays as it is but I won't hold my breath. If you're stumped pm me and I'll extend you an olive Branch ;)

Yes.  But Ingram isn't going to play in preseason week 4 so week 3 will be the last chance for them to determine his final designation.
I still see him listed as a DL on rotoworld's team depth charts - which my understanding is what's used for individual player's position determination.  So we're assuming that if that doesn't change this weekend, we're good to assuming he'll be listed as a DL all season by MFL? 

I still see him listed as a DL on rotoworld's team depth charts - which my understanding is what's used for individual player's position determination.  So we're assuming that if that doesn't change this weekend, we're good to assuming he'll be listed as a DL all season by MFL? 
Final Preseason Player Position Updates (Published Mon Sep 5 12:11:37 a.m. ET 2016)
Preseason Player Position Updates (Published Sun Aug 21 11:09:10 p.m. ET 2016)
Preseason Player Position Updates (Published Thu Aug 18 12:47:30 a.m. ET 2016)
Preseason Player Position Updates (Published Wed Jul 13 7:36:25 p.m. ET 2016)
Preseason Player Position Updates (Published Wed Jun 8 7:32:22 p.m. ET 2016)
Preseason Player Position Updates (Published Tue May 3 5:01:17 p.m. ET 2016)

We're not safe to assume until after all games are played.

From what I saw last night, I'd have a hard time thinking they will change him.  Pretty much up on the line and sometimes with his hand down.  

Is there reason to be worried about a last-minute switch from Roto?

It was bound to happen, he's been 2nd team DE with Taylor all TC behind JPP and Vernon, the DT's in base are Tomlinson and Snacks. The only glaring change missing here is a Safety that's played EVERY first team snap on a very safety friendly team yet is still flying under the radar with a CB designation. I hope it continues. I'm guessing if you play in CB required leagues you already know who I'm talking about. I won't say his name so I won't be blamed as the jinx but I'd be shocked if this isn't fixed next update. I personally hope it stays as it is but I won't hold my breath. If you're stumped pm me and I'll extend you an olive Branch ;)
I appreciate the offer of a Branch, but I'm just going to wing it like our state bird, the Cardinal. 

The following player position changes will be made on Tuesday, September 5th, to bring our player database up-to-date with the Rotoworld.com depth charts:

ARI: Xavier Williams from DT to DE

ARI: Rodney Gunter from DE to DT

ARI: Tyvon Branch from CB to S

ATL: Courtney Upshaw from DT to DE

ATL: Jack Crawford from DE to DT

BAL: Brandon Williams from DT to DE

BAL: Willie Henry from DE to DT

DET: Jeremiah Ledbetter from DE to DT

GB : Kenny Clark from DE to DT

IND: Johnathan Hankins from DT to DE

JAX: Lerentee McCray from LB to DE

LAC: Darius Philon from DE to DT