What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Leveraging Site Rankings (1 Viewer)

The Dude

Footballguy
Got a draft in ESPN and can see their rankings. Has anyone tried tried to leverage that data in a meaningful way?

How closely do you think teams will follow site rankings when drafting?

ADP provides a range and there will always be deviations. The further you get from the top of the draft, the greater the deviations. And there will always (ALWAYS) be shockers.

I find ADP isn't that helpful.

I look at the range for each player I want, once I hit the early end of the range I gotta start thinking about taking that guy. Then when my pick comes up you need to decide if it's worth skipping a more "logical" consensus choice, or someone I like more, in favor of getting the other guy I want.

Got a draft in ESPN and can see their rankings. Has anyone tried tried to leverage that data in a meaningful way?

How closely do you think teams will follow site rankings when drafting?
Good topic here.

Yes and No.
If I'm in a league where I know the owners are all very well prepared, they are not likely drafting based on that random site 'rankings' list that can be crazy sometimes (MFL's Live draft room has Penny 'ranked' higher than Barkley, Kamara, Swift, Chase, Etc. I have NO CLUE why they have their rankings so whack or if they just pull out of a hat. Clicking and sorting by ADP is much better, but for the average person going into an MFL draft room, they're going to see Penny significantly higher than he should be. So if you're in a league where everyone is smart and really prepared, they're likely all thinking the same thing "i hope someone else in our league looks at these rankings!"
However, in a home league with some newer people, then I think it could definitely have an influence on them. Would anyone actually take Penny over Barkley in the above example? I hope not. But when they get to the tier they have Penny in, I think they might take him higher up inside of their tier that they may have before. But this would be pretty hard to leverage.

Users who are viewing this thread