What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

LGBT, LGBTQ, LGBT+ Thread (1 Viewer)

I've honestly never heard of a "white ghetto".
That is really bizarre to me. I've heard the Warsaw Ghetto referenced so much that it's actually the first place my mind goes when I hear the word "ghetto," not black urban US ghettos or even the Elvis Presley song which references them.

Different educations in different parts of the country, I guess. Who knows.

I don't think a black teen would be very safe in redneck poor southern neighborhood at late hours either.  That is true of anyone who seems out of place.  That is going to raise questions, "what are you doing here?" and you better have a good answer or the results will not be pleasant. 
I was coming to post this.  Cause yeah.  A black kid walking through an all white neighborhood isn't safe either.   Sucks but it's true.
Which is exactly the point I’ve been making Mike.  People of color still face far more discrimination on a day in day out basis then white people. Yes white men are facing some them selves now but no one is going to be freaking out the violins in sympathy.  And the notion that white conservatives have it harder or face more is an absolute asinine premise.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Which is exactly the point I’ve been making Mike.  People of color still face far more discrimination on a day in day out basis then white people. Yes white men are facing some them selves now but no one is going to be freaking out the violins in sympathy.  And the notion that white conservatives have it harder or face more is an absolute asinine premise.  
Oh i know.   Its a fact that a white guy walking through a predominately black neighborhood is a risk.  But thats equal to a black guy walking through a white neighborhood.   In fact, that's probably worse cause not only does the black guy have to worry about the people, he legitimately has to worry about the cops too

Oh i know.   Its a fact that a white guy walking through a predominately black neighborhood is a risk.  But thats equal to a black guy walking through a white neighborhood.   In fact, that's probably worse cause not only does the black guy have to worry about the people, he legitimately has to worry about the cops too
Yep and the fact that black people are living in a predominantly white society here increases their odds of said encounters dramatic more the a white person. 

Yep and the fact that black people are living in a predominantly white society here increases their odds of said encounters dramatic more the a white person. 

Yeah I'm sure Lebron shakes in his boots when he walks around Brentwood.   He should have bought in Compton.

I don't think a black teen would be very safe in redneck poor southern neighborhood at late hours either.  That is true of anyone who seems out of place.  That is going to raise questions, "what are you doing here?" and you better have a good answer or the results will not be pleasant. 

Right.  And a group of back teens in a suburban grocery store getting snacks for movie night may "seem out of place" and thus get detained by store security.  But in my example, they weren't out of place as one of the kids lived right there in the neighborhood (and all of the kids were affluent, to the extent that matters).

And of course, there's this story, also from a nearby suburban neighborhood (not a redneck poor southern neighborhood). Do you think I worry about my son having guns drawn on him in my driveway where he lives under some suspicion he stole a vehicle? Or my wife being thrown up against the garage door when she comes outside?

Do you have friends who have young black sons? If so, have you talked to them about their fears for the safety of their children?  It's freaking heartbreaking.  The issues I have to face with my son are nothing compared to those fears.

Yeah I'm sure Lebron shakes in his boots when he walks around Brentwood.   He should have bought in Compton.
Lebron James now lives in Beverly Hills.

But I am not sure using the wealthiest, most famous black man in America as an example does anything to prove your point

First it was don't say gay. Now it's don't do drag.

Gov. DeSantis: TikTok toddler dance at Miami drag show puts bar’s liquor license in jeopardy

No alcohol was served to minors, the parents brought them to the drag show, whats the problem? What happened to parental rights, lol.

Will DeSantis shut down Hooters, the Fontainebleau hotel where European topless sunbathers paying $1,000 a nite and sunbathe at one of their pools, or the nude beach at Haulover? I gotta admit, the drag show in Miami's Wynwood section is more risqué than the one I walk by on Ocean drive about 3 times a week. 

Gov. DeSantis: TikTok toddler dance at Miami drag show puts bar’s liquor license in jeopardy

No alcohol was served to minors, the parents brought them to the drag show, whats the problem? What happened to parental rights, lol.

Will DeSantis shut down Hooters, the Fontainebleau hotel where European topless sunbathers paying $1,000 a nite and sunbathe at one of their pools, or the nude beach at Haulover? I gotta admit, the drag show in Miami's Wynwood section is more risqué than the one I walk by on Ocean drive about 3 times a week. 
Youre ####### joking right?  Look how shes dressed?  The perents that took their kid to this should be questioned..harshly

At this point it's a stretch to assume folks being aware of extremely basic facts.  

This is hilarious coming from a guy whose side of the aisle he identifies with has no idea what a "woman" is or thinks a biological male can be one (if they do exist).    :lol:

I mean, c'mon already.  Do you guys even do a little thinking before you hit 'Submit Reply"?  You had to know this was going to come up.

They do love to throw around words like "racist", don't they?  There are certain words that will almost always shut down the intelligent discussion of topics, and that is one of them.  Those words should only be used when there isn't a shred of doubt about the claim being made.  But Toby and Tim, amongst others just love to throw those types of words around.  I only single Toby and Tim out because both have used that word in their replies to you today.  I hope they're proud of themselves. 
Can’t speak for Toby but I have no reason not to be proud. 
incidentally I don’t think Jon is a racist. I think some of his comments in here are, unfortunately racist in tone, though not intentionally IMO. 

Right.  And a group of back teens in a suburban grocery store getting snacks for movie night may "seem out of place" and thus get detained by store security.  But in my example, they weren't out of place as one of the kids lived right there in the neighborhood (and all of the kids were affluent, to the extent that matters).

And of course, there's this story, also from a nearby suburban neighborhood (not a redneck poor southern neighborhood). Do you think I worry about my son having guns drawn on him in my driveway where he lives under some suspicion he stole a vehicle because it's a nice car in a white neighborhood? Or my wife being thrown up against the garage door when she comes outside?

Do you have friends who have young black sons? If so, have you talked to them about their fears for the safety of their children?  It's freaking heartbreaking.  The issues I have to face with my son are nothing compared to those fears.

I was wrongly arrested and handcuffed at 16 for selling drugs until they found i was not the person they were looking for.   Cops make mistakes.  Sometimes there is a rationale explanation, sometimes there is racial profiling. 

I was wrongly arrested and handcuffed at 16 for selling drugs until they found i was not the person they were looking for.   Cops make mistakes.  Sometimes there is a rationale explanation, sometimes there is racial profiling. 
Fair statement. 

No alcohol was served to minors, the parents brought them to the drag show, whats the problem? 

:lmao:  

the Fontainebleau hotel where European topless sunbathers paying $1,000 a nite and sunbathe at one of their pools, or the nude beach at Haulover? I gotta admit, the drag show in Miami's Wynwood section is more risqué than the one I walk by on Ocean drive about 3 times a week. 
You don't have to keep walking by. Go in already.

He's not Lebron, but Ed Oliver had a run-in with police in the Buffalo era not too long after he joined the Bills.  Nobody ever said this explicitly, but it sure looked like he was racially profiled.  Traffic stop for no clear-cut reason, putting the guy through DUI protocols with no particular evidence of impairment, etc.  The guy ended up being completely vindicated.

Maybe that happens to a white guy too, but it definitely seems to happen to black people with a certain degree of regularity.

The person in that photo should not be allowed within 500 feet of a school, so I don't think I have a problem with DeSantis here.

Look guys, I know you don't like it when right-wing hacks throw around terms like "grooming" unprovoked, but this is actual honest-to-goodness grooming.  It is not in your tribe's long-term interests to defend this sort of thing.

He's not Lebron, but Ed Oliver had a run-in with police in the Buffalo era not too long after he joined the Bills.  Nobody ever said this explicitly, but it sure looked like he was racially profiled.  Traffic stop for no clear-cut reason, putting the guy through DUI protocols with no particular evidence of impairment, etc.  The guy ended up being completely vindicated.

Maybe that happens to a white guy too, but it definitely seems to happen to black people with a certain degree of regularity.

When I was in college in the late 80's I drove a bright red, lowered mini truck.  That thing was a cop magnet.  Once I got "pulled over" when I was already pulled over.  And I was on a first date.  We had pulled over to put a new CD in and a cop just pulled up right behind me on the side of the road and put his lights on.  Came up and interrogated us for 5 minutes and then left.  Now, I'm not saying cops don't racially profile.  But they also profile on other things.  And some departments probably profile on one thing more than the next department, which might profile on another thing more than the first department, and on and on.  

If I were the father of the boy BB mentioned in his story I would have made a huge stink and accused the store of racism.  Because it's likely that's what happened in that case.  And it shouldn't be tolerated.  But I believe with all my heart that there will always be prejudice in this world.  All we can do is try to minimize it.  That in and of itself is not a reason to change our goal to being for equality for EVERYONE to EQUITY for certain subsets of society.

The person in that photo should not be allowed within 500 feet of a school, so I don't think I have a problem with DeSantis here.

Look guys, I know you don't like it when right-wing hacks throw around terms like "grooming" unprovoked, but this is actual honest-to-goodness grooming.  It is not in your tribe's long-term interests to defend this sort of thing.
Parental responsibility? At a private establishment? Have you heard Ariana Grande's lyrics, or seen how she and the kids dress at her concerts? Let's outlaw her concerts, or the punish parents who let their kids attend such such awful events.

Did you watch the video?  

Did you watch the video?  
Yes. Do parents have any responsibility at a private establishment? Or should the government decide how parents should raise their kids? Have you seen video of an Ariana Grande concert, 2-live crew concert, or a fire and brimstone church service? Who decides how we raise our kids? What law was broken?

Yes. Do parents have any responsibility at a private establishment? Or should the government decide how parents should raise their kids? Have you seen video of an Ariana Grande concert, 2-live crew concert, or a fire and brimstone church service? Who decides how we raise our kids? What law was broken?
Shouldn't it be something sort of like strip clubs where the government says no children and the establishment enforces or faces fines, loss of license, etc? You keep saying parents and private establishment but those aren't get-out-of-jail free cards in other arenas.

I am mostly with you, but I have equal parts "WTF are you doing??!!" to the establishment and the parents.    At least DQ story hour at the library can be viewed as performers reading books.  I am not sure what's going on here.  

Shouldn't it be something sort of like strip clubs where the government says no children and the establishment enforces or faces fines, loss of license, etc? You keep saying parents and private establishment but those aren't get-out-of-jail free cards in other arenas.
I don’t mean to be a prude, but the issue for me isn’t the drag show part, but the public nudity part with children present and participating in the show. There’s a drag show here in town that I’ve been to a couple times that underage kids can attend as far as I know, but the performers are actually clothed. 

How anyone could watch that video and defend what they just saw is ####ed up. But at least you got Squis on your side so that's something. 

I don’t mean to be a prude, but the issue for me isn’t the drag show part, but the public nudity part with children present and participating in the show. There’s a drag show here in town that I’ve been to a couple times that underage kids can attend as far as I know, but the performers are actually clothed. 
Same. I was referring to the video. SO I meant no children where there is nudity like there is in a strip club.

Just like a pride parade with rainbow flags waiving is not the same as nude men exposing themselves to children in the same parade.

How anyone could watch that video and defend what they just saw is ####ed up. But at least you got Squis on your side so that's something. 

To repeat the question he asked that you never responded to: What law was broken? (none that I am aware of). 

I didn't see any nudity. Near nudity. And in the past month I've seen people with even less body coverage in Miami Beach on the beach itself, at a fashion show out in the open, and at a swim fashion show where many models had nothing but paint. At Wet Dreams, there are genitalia-shaped desserts, which anyone can see who walks by, including kids. And just north of Miami Beach is a well known nudist beach, Haulover. They have signs advising of nudity. 

I think this complaint by DeSantis about "public decency" is an attack on drag shows and perceived grooming by their parents.

Parental responsibility? At a private establishment? Have you heard Ariana Grande's lyrics, or seen how she and the kids dress at her concerts? Let's outlaw her concerts, or the punish parents who let their kids attend such such awful events.

I didn't see any nudity. Near nudity. And in the past month I've seen people with even less body coverage in Miami Beach on the beach itself, at a fashion show out in the open, and at a swim fashion show where many models had nothing but paint. At Wet Dreams, there are genitalia-shaped desserts, which anyone can see who walks by, including kids. And just north of Miami Beach is a well known nudist beach, Haulover. They have signs advising of nudity. 

I think this complaint by DeSantis about "public decency" is an attack on drag shows and perceived grooming by their parents.

Wow, this is simply unbelievable.  Never thought I'd see the day that the left would be defending grooming.  There's only one more stop left to defend and they won't be able to go any lower.

It seems the more depraved someone acts, the more they rush to defend them.

Wow, this is simply unbelievable.  Never thought I'd see the day that the left would be defending grooming.  There's only one more stop left to defend and they won't be able to go any lower.

It seems the more depraved someone acts, the more they rush to defend them.
Do you think Pete and Chastain are grooming their twins? When they show affection?

I'm just saying that toddlers don't belong at a strip club.  If parents don't get that, we should help them get that.  That doesn't mean throwing people in jail, but it does mean attaching some much-needed social stigma to this type of thing, and it also probably means some legal consequences for the establishment that is grooming kids.

And it was nudity like Wendo O. Williams of The Plasmatics use to do. She got into trouble with authorities in some city for not covering her breasts - her response was to put duct tapes across her nipples and that legally meant it was not considered nudity because it the nipples were covered (I don't see the distinction, but it prevented her being arrested from that point on).

Do you think Pete and Chastain are grooming their twins? When they show affection?

What boggles the mind is that you can't see how wrong this is.  I mean, c'mon.  This is sickening. 

I think at some point we'll be seeing the left defend pedophilia as a misunderstood love between two consenting adults.

I raised two kids.  I get it.  Kids are difficult.  I'm not saying that my kids are perfect or that I did a perfect job as a parent.  I screwed up lots of times.  Lots of parents screw things up.  That's normal.  It's fine.

But yes, if you are taking your toddler to a drag queen show with (essentially) full on nudity, I am absolutely judging you.  You are a bad parent, and your parenting skills should be publicly disparaged.  This behavior should absolutely be judged, criticized, and stigmatized.  The grooming depicted in that video is evil (legitimately, unironically evil) and we shouldn't feel bad about describing it as such.  I mean, gosh darn guys.  Have some standards.

Part of me wants to say that I have philosophical objections to CRT in schools, but that's really an academic issue whereas this is an issue involving sexual abuse of little kids which is a million times more serious.  But then I wonder if this isn't some sort of strategy to make CRT look sane by comparison, because that's exactly the sort of play that these folks will run.  Regardless, defending this sort of thing absolutely vaporizes one's credibility.

Do you think -- even for a split second -- that Pete and his husband are dressing up in drag and putting on sexually-oriented shows for their children?  Do you have any sense of how homophobic that suggestion is?  My guess is that most married gay couples find this just as problematic as I do.

What boggles the mind is that you can't see how wrong this is.  I mean, c'mon.  This is sickening. 

I think at some point we'll be seeing the left defend pedophilia as a misunderstood love.

:(

Pete and Chasten's adoption of these twins makes them pedophiles? 

:(

Pete and Chasten's adoption of these twins makes them pedophiles? 

First off, no way should they have been able to adopt, especially after seeing this depraved, evil behavior.

Secondly, I think at some point we'll be seeing the left defend pedophilia as a misunderstood love between two consenting adults. 

It's not far off.

If this was a video of a child being taken to Religious camp you would be losing your mind.  But you're good on this, though.

Yeah some pretty indefensible stuff here. Have a really hard time with anyone wanting their kids in that environment.*

*For clarity sake the drag queen aspect factors nothing into it for me.  Male, female, males dressed as female etc etc etc. that’s not my issue.  The environment in general is not kid conducive.  

Yeah some pretty indefensible stuff here. Have a really hard time with anyone wanting their kids in that environment.*

*For clarity sake the drag queen aspect factors nothing into it for me.  Male, female, males dressed as female etc etc etc. that’s not my issue.  The environment in general is not kid conducive.  
To be clear, it's the same for me.  I am a permissive parent.  I let a lot of stuff slide.  For me, this is way over the line and it's not even close, and it has nothing to do with anything LGBT related.  I don't want toddlers in strip clubs.  That shouldn't be controversial.

I raised two kids.  I get it.  Kids are difficult.  I'm not saying that my kids are perfect or that I did a perfect job as a parent.  I screwed up lots of times.  Lots of parents screw things up.  That's normal.  It's fine.

But yes, if you are taking your toddler to a drag queen show with (essentially) full on nudity, I am absolutely judging you.  You are a bad parent, and your parenting skills should be publicly disparaged.  This behavior should absolutely be judged, criticized, and stigmatized.  The grooming depicted in that video is evil (legitimately, unironically evil) and we shouldn't feel bad about describing it as such.  I mean, gosh darn guys.  Have some standards.

Part of me wants to say that I have philosophical objections to CRT in schools, but that's really an academic issue whereas this is an issue involving sexual abuse of little kids which is a million times more serious.  But then I wonder if this isn't some sort of strategy to make CRT look sane by comparison, because that's exactly the sort of play that these folks will run.  Regardless, defending this sort of thing absolutely vaporizes one's credibility.
How about speaking with the parents to see what they think? I don't agree with parents introducing kids to guns at an early age because it greatly increases the odds of a successful suicide. Let those parents raise their kids how they see fit. The same for the parents of the kid in the video who will not even remember this event by next year.

First off, no way should they have been able to adopt, especially after seeing this depraved, evil behavior.

Secondly, I think at some point we'll be seeing the left defend pedophilia as a misunderstood love between two consenting adults. 

It's not far off.

If this was a video of a child being taken to Religious camp you would be losing your mind.  But you're good on this, though.

Ugh. 😱

This is the type of stuff that should get your kids taken from you.  We're supposed to be protecting out children and if this doesn't get the kids taken away then pretty much nothing will.

Instead of defending despicable and evil behavior, you should try defending the kid. 

How about speaking with the parents to see what they think? I don't agree with parents introducing kids to guns at an early age because it greatly increases the odds of a successful suicide. Let those parents raise their kids how they see fit. The same for the parents of the kid in the video who will not even remember this event by next year.
I usually don't need to ask.  I generally think of myself as a rational person who is capable of putting myself in other people's shoes, like IK said above- as a pretty permissive parent.  

I can imagine rational reasons a kid would be around guns or could do it safely.   I have 0 clue why this kid is at a strip club or what could be the rational reason for what is going on here with the ta-tas hanging out. 

I wouldn't take my kids to that show, but I also don't think the government should be telling parents what to do.

But I want to make sure everyone's clear on something: Drag queens are not trans women. They are men dressing up as women. Which means those aren't real breasts, and no one is displaying public nudity. I went to a drag show in Key West one time, and one of the dancers was showing ridiculous cleavage. When they walked close by, I could see it was like hard plastic that no one would ever for a moment think was real skin.

I get that morally, some may not see the difference. But legally, that is no small distinction.

I’m so confused. Do Pete and his husband have something to do with this story from Florida?
On twitter, many are saying the reason for DeSantis' opposition is based on homophobia. This thread just showed there may be a connection. I'm no expert, but i think most drag queens are homosexual. 

Users who are viewing this thread