What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Lions trying to trade for a receiver (2 Viewers)

Just me thinking but any chance Brandon Lloyd is the guy?
If Brandon Lloyd wanted to play NFL football he would already be on a team. He's out of the league by his own choice.
Is there any article on that? The logic makes sense and yet doesn't at the same time.
A couple of weeks ago he was asked about it in regard to New England, who were hurting for WR's and he said he was out of football.

Is anyone else holding onto Britt solely because of the possibility the Lion's may take a chance on him?

I know it's a longshot, but just wondering if I'm crazy. If I don't hear anything by Friday I'm cutting bait.

Is anyone else holding onto Britt solely because of the possibility the Lion's may take a chance on him?

I know it's a longshot, but just wondering if I'm crazy. If I don't hear anything by Friday I'm cutting bait.
Me. I'm really hoping so

The Lions want to trade for a WR.

The Browns won't be dealing WR Josh Gordon but they did just demote WR Greg Little this past week.

It may have slipped by someone living in a cave but most know the Browns just traded away their top running back.

The Lions signed RB Reggie Bush as a free agent and they have FA RB Joique Bell along with some depth.

Logical trade thought of the day.

- Lions ship RB Joiquie Bell to Cleveland

- Browns ship WR Greg Little to Detroit

Last year G-Little looked good once WR Josh Gordon broke onto the scene. He lead the team in receptions for the past two years. As the #1 WR he has struggled but he plays second bannana well. Obviously in Detroit he'd be the #2 WR.

The Browns just signed McGahee but they still might be interested in a RB like Bell.

The Browns won't be dealing WR Josh Gordon but they did just demote WR Greg Little this past week.

It may have slipped by someone living in a cave but most know the Browns just traded away their top running back.

The Lions signed RB Reggie Bush as a free agent and they have FA RB Joique Bell along with some depth.

Last year G-Little looked good once WR Josh Gordon broke onto the scene. He lead the team in receptions for the past two years. As the #1 WR he has struggled but he plays second bannana well. Obviously in Detroit he'd be the #2 WR.

The Browns just signed McGahee but they still might be interested in a RB like Bell.
I don't see this happening. Maybe LeShoure. Little not really an upgrade over who the Lions have already.

The Lions are not getting rid of Joiquie Bell. Not one chance in hell.

Not chance, Bell has a very nice role for the Lions, they aren't going to trade him for a rental.

Hardly anyone is making these trades that make sense for NFL teams, most of them that are being suggested are purely from a fantasy perspective. There is a reason you rarely see the Trent Richardson type of trades in season.

As a Browns fan who has had enough of the pimply faced fantasy keyboard GMs who think the Browns would trade away Josh Gordon for next to nothing I just want to set the record straight. AIN'T HAPPENING.

Joique Bell for Greg LIttle is a lot more true to value and more realistic of taking place than any team getting Josh Gordon on the cheap.

The Lions sent a 5th round pick to the Jags for Mike Thomas last year when Young went bonkers.

Thomas is no longer on any active roster I believe.

A 7th would like do it for Little.

Last edited by a moderator:
As a Browns fan who has had enough of the pimply faced fantasy keyboard GMs who think the Browns would trade away Josh Gordon for next to nothing I just want to set the record straight. AIN'T HAPPENING.

Joique Bell for Greg LIttle is a lot more true to value and more realistic of taking place than any team getting Josh Gordon on the cheap.
Neither will likely happen but little would have little to no trade value (see what I did there?). Bell is a good producing asset in Detroit while little was demoed on one of the worst teams in the league.

Incidentally, I grew up with Ray Farmer, the new Assistant GM in Cleveland. Previously, he was the Pro Personnel Director for the Kansas City Chiefs. Ray is a former NFL player who had an All American career at Duke. Ray is good at what he does. He interviewed for the GM job and while he didn't get it, Lombardi did, they liked him enough that they brought him into the organization. Ray is under 40 years old and has already worked his way up in the business. If there's one thing he knows it's football.

Moving on, while the Browns moves have raised eyebrows, you can't say they aren't bold. On the NFL player side, they have a guy who is GM level when it comes to evaluating talent. You don't just stumble into that job prior to age 40.

Lastly, Ray is a really classy guy.

I was listening to an interview with Shefter. He said he was surprised about the Richardson trade because it happened on a Wednesday evening. Shefter noted that nearly all NFL trades happen very early in the week (Monday or Tuesday) so that the player can get in a full week of practice with his new team. Since we haven't heard about a Lions trade yet and it's late Wednesday, any trade is likely not happening this week. With that in mind, it may be worth keeping Britt through mid-week next week in the event that a potential trade happens then. If not, just cut him late next week.

Last edited by a moderator:

I was listening to an interview with Shefter. He said he was surprised about the Richardson trade because it happened on a Wednesday evening. Shefter noted that nearly all NFL trades happen very early in the week (Monday or Tuesday) so that the player can get in a full week of practice with his new team. Since we haven't heard about a Lions trade yet and it's late Thursday, any trade is likely not happening this week. With that in mind, it may be worth keeping Britt through mid-week next week in the event that a potential trade happens then. If not, just cut him late next week.
Yeah. I was planning on holding britt to next friday. Roster spot isnt killing me. Really like the upside of the trade

Neither will likely happen but little would have little to no trade value (see what I did there?). Bell is a good producing asset in Detroit while little was demoed on one of the worst teams in the league.
He didnt say Little for Bell is good....he said it's closer to true value than Gordon being traded for cheap. He is correct.

No way in hell Lions are trading Joiquie for Little

Joique Bell for Greg LIttle is a lot more true to value and more realistic
.........than nothing. This trade is completely ridiculous

Of course it's ridiculous, but not as ridiculous as Gordon going on the cheap.

I could see Leshoure getting moved, not Bell. Dont see that happening. Especially since Bush is made of glass.
I could see a Leshoure for Little trade and it actually makes sense. Both guys need fresh starts and both guys are likely to be cut this offseason. The value is there, the need is there. The only question would be is Detroit ready to let him go in season, and I can't answer that.

I think the Browns' front office don't have a high priority placed on running backs. The plan, IMO, would be to acquire draft picks so they can flexability in the draft.

Hmmm pretty sure I saw the 49ers offer on twitter with a link yesterday. Can't find it now.
I found this in the Detroit Jock City, by Bradley LaBrie. I wonder if this is the 49ers connection.

So, we look into five receivers that could make an immediate impact for the Lions.

• 1. Lavelle Hawkins: FA, 5’11, 194 lbs. -
The Lions brought Hawkins in for a workout yesterday, along with two other wide receivers — unknown at this time. Hawkins was a fourth round pick in 2008, playing five seasons with the Tennessee Titans. His best season came in 2011, tallying 47 receptions for 470 yards and one touchdown. He was released from the San Francisco 49ers, after two personal foul calls put him at fritz with the coaching staff.
Also very curious about the "two other wide receivers - unknown at this time."

I think Britt is a lost cause, can't see the Titans getting anything higher than a 6th for him at this point. You know that when a team openly dogs their WR in the media, he has 0 value. NFL GMs are smarter then to drive their players stock down before looking to unload him. IMO, this gets ugly. The Titans put up with his nonsense and got nothing in return on the field, this could potentially be Bucs/Keyshawn-esq. They know this is his contract year and they know he's looking for another payday. Best revenge? Bench him and if he acts up? Suspend him for conduct which further blackballs him. I think the Titans have given up on Britt and are now expediting the reaping of what he sowed.

Of course it's ridiculous, but not as ridiculous as Gordon going on the cheap.
that depends on how far gone Clev thinks he is. Talent wise there's no doubt he can be a star but that doesn't matter one bit if he fails another test.

FYI, no links but I thought I'd just give you all some local chatter from the Detroit area. There's a lot of talk about Nicks. People keep using "I'm hearing" but nobody is producing proof. The current Lions management team is pretty good at keeping talks internal and not allowing leaks. Again, no links many of the local honks are chirping away about this potential deal. I'll post more if I hear anything with substance.

FYI, no links but I thought I'd just give you all some local chatter from the Detroit area. There's a lot of talk about Nicks. People keep using "I'm hearing" but nobody is producing proof. The current Lions management team is pretty good at keeping talks internal and not allowing leaks. Again, no links many of the local honks are chirping away about this potential deal. I'll post more if I hear anything with substance.
Would make sense, the Lions are good at picking up guys with histories of injury like Titus Young, Broyles, Reggie Bush, Jahved Best....Nicks would fit right in.

I'd give a 4th rounder for him.

Internet rumor....even us yoopers know it's :bs:

I'm a local fan and I can tell you this, they may have sniffed around at the going rates on some players for due diligence sake but they are going to give Ryan Broyles every opp they can to seize this job. Especially when Burleson will be back at some point.

GM Martin Mayhew has improved the talent level since the Millen days but he's also been burning picks on wide receivers that have made little to no sense at the time. (Broyles 2nd rd. 12', Titus Young 2nd rd. 11', Derrick Williams 3rd rd. 9').

Mayhew's seat is starting to get lukewarm and trading for a WR now is basically admitting his drafting faults. He won't do it unless he absolutely has to.

They are not gonna trade for a WR right now... until Broyles gets hurt again next week.

End of this discussion, that was fun.

I'm a local fan and I can tell you this, they may have sniffed around at the going rates on some players for due diligence sake but they are going to give Ryan Broyles every opp they can to seize this job. Especially when Burleson will be back at some point.

GM Martin Mayhew has improved the talent level since the Millen days but he's also been burning picks on wide receivers that have made little to no sense at the time. (Broyles 2nd rd. 12', Titus Young 2nd rd. 11', Derrick Williams 3rd rd. 9').

Mayhew's seat is starting to get lukewarm and trading for a WR now is basically admitting his drafting faults. He won't do it unless he absolutely has to.
Wow, those guys are tall.

Per Rotoworld:

Lions signed WR Kevin Ogletree.
Ogletree was released by the Bucs on Tuesday because he is an ineffective receiver. Not familiar with Lions OC Scott Linehan's offense, Ogletree could easily be cut next week without ever playing a snap in Detroit. He's likely to be inactive for Week 5 against the Packers. Oct 2 - 2:32 PM
Source: Profootballtalk on Twitter
Not exactly a ringing endorsement.

Per Rotoworld:

Ogletree was released by the Bucs on Tuesday because he is an ineffective receiver. Not familiar with Lions OC Scott Linehan's offense, Ogletree could easily be cut next week without ever playing a snap in Detroit. He's likely to be inactive for Week 5 against the Packers. Oct 2 - 2:32 PM
did we sign him to get the TB playbook?

Peace

Per Rotoworld:

could he be this year's ogletree?

Fire up the trade rumors. After CJ disappeared this week, they fell right on their face. Britt is all but out of Tennessee and worth the risk if u get him for a cup of coffee and not much more.

Fire up the trade rumors. After CJ disappeared this week, they fell right on their face. Britt is all but out of Tennessee and worth the risk if u get him for a cup of coffee and not much more.
I think Detroit is trying to upgrade their WR's so not sure Britt works.

If I was going to create a WR trade rumor for Detroit, and I'm about to do just that, I'd think Miles Austin makes a ton of sense provided he can get his hammy right in a week or two. I think Miles still starts over Terrance Williams but he's made Austin expendable.

Users who are viewing this thread