What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Live Draft Gone Bad (1 Viewer)

QB - Patrick Mahomes - KC/12
QB - Russell Wilson - SEA/11

RB - Melvin Gordon - LAC/12
RB - Darrell Henderson - LAR/9
RB - Ty Montgomery - NYJ/4
RB - Malcolm Brown - LAR/9
RB - Dontrell Hilliard - CLE/7
RB - Damarea Crockett - FA/1-17 - Dropped??
RB - Jay Ajayi - FA/1-17

WR - DeAndre Hopkins - HOU/10
WR - Odell Beckham - CLE/7
WR - Mike Evans - TB/7
WR - Jamison Crowder - NYJ/4

TE - Eric Ebron - IND/6
TE - Austin Hooper - ATL/9

PK - Greg Zuerlein - LAR/9

TD - Chicago Bears - CHI/6

Updated / Current Roster

RB - Dare Ogunbowale - TB/7
RB - Jay Ajayi - FA/1-17

WR - Mike Evans - TB/7

TE - Eric Ebron - IND/6

• Smile
Reactions: -X-
I like that you picked up Ogunbowale. Those Tampa RBs aren't very good. At all. He should get some run. One thought: If Ebron has a good game or two, think about selling high for another RB3 or so. Ebron's getting faded by a lot of people that write in the business because of Doyle and Brissett. He was getting faded even when Luck was expected to play, so something is up with his usage when Doyle's there. 

• Smile
I like that you picked up Ogunbowale. Those Tampa RBs aren't very good. At all. He should get some run. One thought: If Ebron has a good game or two, think about selling high for another RB3 or so. Ebron's getting faded by a lot of people that write in the business because of Doyle and Brissett. He was getting faded even when Luck was expected to play, so something is up with his usage when Doyle's there. 
I expect Ebron will go back to average. He wasn’t going to score as many TD’s even with Luck. And Brissett and Doyle really clicked in 2017. IMO, Doyle will be more valuable this year. 

Good job on getting Ogunbowale.  As soon as you said he was available, I knew it was the commish who dropped him.

Actually, you did mention the league is comprised of his former co-workers.  I still want to see the commissioner’s roster, though.  We need to mess him up for being a douchetool.

I believe this is his roster . . .

Rodgers
Bell, Montgomery, Johnson, Guice, Bernard, Harris, Ogunbowale
Cooper, JuJu, Gordon, Allison, Samuel
Henry, Eifert
Elliott
Cowboys
@rockaction: there you go.

Convince me that there is a spot besides LAC for Gordon. Without looking at the salary cap numbers, the only places I see as having a potential spot might be BUF, MIA, GB, HOU, IND, SF, or TB. And most of those seem unlikely.

Last edited by a moderator:
Convince me that there is a spot besides LAC for Gordon. Without looking at the salary cap numbers, the only places I see as having a potential spot might be BUF, MIA, GB, HOU, IND, SF, or TB. And most of those seem unlikely.
I think by giving him permission to seek a trade, what LA has done is basically told him that he can test the market for his services and if he provides adequate return, they'll deal him. That lets him gather information from other teams regarding what he's worth and compare that to LA's offer for his services. It benefits LA from a negotiating standpoint if he comes to the realization that nobody is going to pony up early picks and players and likely won't sign him for what he wants. I think the hope in LA is that once he finds this all out, they then have leverage in negotiations. That's about the best you can hope for given McCoy yesterday.

I'd say Gordon would want to join a team that has a shot at the playoffs and/or has a shaky starting situation.

BUF - No (Singletary)

MIA - Doubtful (Meltdown/rebuilding)

GB - No (Jones)

HOU - Doubtful with how many moves they made

IND - Doubtful (Mack)

SF - Not likely

TB - Maybe

I think by giving him permission to seek a trade, what LA has done is basically told him that he can test the market for his services and if he provides adequate return, they'll deal him. That lets him gather information from other teams regarding what he's worth and compare that to LA's offer for his services. It benefits LA from a negotiating standpoint if he comes to the realization that nobody is going to pony up early picks and players and likely won't sign him for what he wants. I think the hope in LA is that once he finds this all out, they then have leverage in negotiations. That's about the best you can hope for given McCoy yesterday.
Theoretically, if what you say is the plan from the Chargers perspective, shouldn’t they have done that months ago?

As far as potential trade partners, while unlikely, a team could include the back they have in the trade. That is probably an unlikely outcome, but one that hasn’t really been considered much. 

Theoretically, if what you say is the plan from the Chargers perspective, shouldn’t they have done that months ago?

As far as potential trade partners, while unlikely, a team could include the back they have in the trade. That is probably an unlikely outcome, but one that hasn’t really been considered much. 
Yeah, it could have been done months ago but I think they were playing hardball for whatever reason. I'm not sure when he first requested a trade, actually. It may have been recently.

Yes, theoretically you are correct about an RB swap, but as you say, it's unlikely. 

TEN might be a good fit, not knowing anything about their cap situation nor who they'd offer in return.

Anywho, since nobody is willing to offer fair value for Gordon (or Evans, for that matter), just keep them and hope something happens with Gordon soon.

Ogunbowale is going to get a good share of action, since everyone knows Barber and Ronald Jones are essentially garbage.

LA just informed Gordon publicly that they would no longer talk about a contract extension until after the season. Oof.

• Sad
Updated / Current Roster

RB - Dare Ogunbowale - TB/7

RB - Jay Ajayi - FA/1-17

WR - Mike Evans - TB/7

TE - Eric Ebron - IND/6

Some good handcuffs. And Dare is shooting up my boards right now. I don't think lead job in Tampa is out of the question for him. Great pickup.

Ok, so I don't know who the commish acquired in Ogunbowale's place, but here's what we have to work with:

Rodgers (11)
Bell (4), Montgomery (6), (Kerryon (5) or David (12)? Johnson, Guice (10), Bernard (9), Harris (10), Ogunbowale
Cooper (8), JuJu (7), Gordon (10), Allison (11), C. Samuel (7)
Henry (12), Eifert (9)
Elliott (10)
Cowboys (8)

Looking at the week 5 schedule, GB plays at DAL, so he has a dilemma already with Rodgers vs. DAL defense.  Easy enough for him to deal with by getting another team D.  You might be able to pick up and drop a bunch of defenses on that Saturday if he doesn't grab one earlier.  Maybe you save that tactic for later in the season after the trade deadline.  If it's waivers only and no FA pickups all week, it's obviously not valid.

You have nobody on bye that week, he would have one RB on bye if he has Kerryon Johnson (it was not made clear if he has Kerryon or David), so no clear-cut advantage there.

So what neutralization tactic would be most viable against his team?  Simple.  You trade for WR D. Adams since he is Rodgers' main main.  Not only for this H2H matchup, but to get in the commish's head all season.  You could also try to grab A. Jones and/or J. Graham for additional pain, but Adams is the key.  Make him always be thinking that you are most likely benefiting from his QB's success.  If he comes up against your team in the playoffs, you'll destroy him.

Is it petty?  Absolutely.  Would it be enjoyable?  Absolutely.  Can you do it?  Up to you, should you choose to accept your mission.

Ok, so I don't know who the commish acquired in Ogunbowale's place, but here's what we have to work with:

Rodgers (11)
Bell (4), Montgomery (6), (Kerryon (5) or David (12)? Johnson, Guice (10), Bernard (9), Harris (10), Ogunbowale
Cooper (8), JuJu (7), Gordon (10), Allison (11), C. Samuel (7)
Henry (12), Eifert (9)
Elliott (10)
Cowboys (8)

Looking at the week 5 schedule, GB plays at DAL, so he has a dilemma already with Rodgers vs. DAL defense.  Easy enough for him to deal with by getting another team D.  You might be able to pick up and drop a bunch of defenses on that Saturday if he doesn't grab one earlier.  Maybe you save that tactic for later in the season after the trade deadline.  If it's waivers only and no FA pickups all week, it's obviously not valid.

You have nobody on bye that week, he would have one RB on bye if he has Kerryon Johnson (it was not made clear if he has Kerryon or David), so no clear-cut advantage there.

So what neutralization tactic would be most viable against his team?  Simple.  You trade for WR D. Adams since he is Rodgers' main main.  Not only for this H2H matchup, but to get in the commish's head all season.  You could also try to grab A. Jones and/or J. Graham for additional pain, but Adams is the key.  Make him always be thinking that you are most likely benefiting from his QB's success.  If he comes up against your team in the playoffs, you'll destroy him.

Is it petty?  Absolutely.  Would it be enjoyable?  Absolutely.  Can you do it?  Up to you, should you choose to accept your mission.
Commish initially added Golden Tate and then swapped Tate for Carlos Hyde. 

Hyde is nothing to worry about.  Can you post the roster of the D. Adams owner to see if we can put an offer together?

Hyde is nothing to worry about.  Can you post the roster of the D. Adams owner to see if we can put an offer together?
I think you are over thinking this. His RB’s should destroy mine all season. Having Adams to try to neutralize Rodgers actually can work against me. If Adams has a great week, then I don’t really have much chance to catch up any. IMO, I need a non GB receiver to have a 10-180-3 day. That way those numbers don’t end up in Rodgers stat sheet. 

Perhaps, but then you are just hopin' and-a wishin' instead of doing something that has more of a direct effect.  We already know Rodgers is going to get his points; he doesn't throw many picks and Adams was the most consistent WR point-wise last year week-to-week by far.  One source said he scored no fewer than 16ppw (depending on scoring rules) for the entire season.  Your QB, starting WRs and team D have more than enough to compensate for his RB advantage H2H.

I'd be looking for any chance to screw over the commish and this is the most direct path, aside from picking up his castoffs.  Hopefully Ogunbowale has the starting role by week 5; decent matchup at NO.

With Gordon's recent news, his value is at an all time low.  May as well just hold onto him at this point, and hope for the best.  Be on the lookout for a team that may have an interest/need in a Russell Wilson/Eric Ebron combo.  And continue, just as you have been, to follow these backup RB moves.

• Sad
McKissic going to DET might make him worth a pickup.  Theo Riddick’s previous role has been useful at times, but it’s a dice roll.  Ajayi is probably not going anywhere until after week 1, if at all.

McKissic going to DET might make him worth a pickup.  Theo Riddick’s previous role has been useful at times, but it’s a dice roll.  Ajayi is probably not going anywhere until after week 1, if at all.
IMO McKissic is not the type of player he needs on the bench.  He needs backups that will become studs in case of starter injury, a la Tony Pollard.  I do agree that Ajayi is probably a drop at this point.  Dunno if Jordan Scarlett is still available?

Pretty sure he is, as you guys both missed each other’s questions on him.  I have no opinion on Scarlett since I have not followed him at all.  I prefer to diversify on RB styles when shorthanded, but at least Scarlett is rostered.

This sort of goes back to what I said about Brian Hill, which was shot down even though D. Freeman has clearly shown a propensity to miss games due to injury, while it remains to be seen if McCaffrey can handle another extreme load.

Commish with a tempting trade offer (sarcasm). Aaron Rodgers and Carlos Hyde for Patrick Mahomes and Ty Montgomery (he owns Bell).
On a different note, who is expected to be the main compliment to Gurley for the Rams? Is it Henderson or Brown (I've seen various opinions on this one)?
And of the mess of backs on the roster, which two to start? Ty Montgomery, Dontrell Hilliard, Malcolm Brown, Darrell Henderson, or Dare Ogunbowale? (Talk about not striking fear in the eyes of my opponent with that bunch of misfits.)

Is it time to bid adieu to Jay Ajayi? Replacement free agent options include Mike Davis, Jordan Scarlett, Brian Hill, Darrel Williams, and Wayne Gallman.

Commish with a tempting trade offer (sarcasm). Aaron Rodgers and Carlos Hyde for Patrick Mahomes and Ty Montgomery (he owns Bell).
On a different note, who is expected to be the main compliment to Gurley for the Rams? Is it Henderson or Brown (I've seen various opinions on this one)?
And of the mess of backs on the roster, which two to start? Ty Montgomery, Dontrell Hilliard, Malcolm Brown, Darrell Henderson, or Dare Ogunbowale? (Talk about not striking fear in the eyes of my opponent with that bunch of misfits.)

Is it time to bid adieu to Jay Ajayi? Replacement free agent options include Mike Davis, Jordan Scarlett, Brian Hill, Darrel Williams, and Wayne Gallman.
Let it sit.

From what I have gathered Brown would fill the Gurley role if he goes down but while Gurley is healthy Henderson would be the guy you want to start since he'll be used as a third down/spell type back.

ETA: I'd start Henderson and Montgomery this week (Bell may be eased in).

ETA: I'd start Henderson and Montgomery this week
Me too!  TBH, I don't hate this lineup for week #1 and I think it can make the playoffs since 6 of 12 get in - good luck!

Mahomes

Henderson, Montgomery

Hopkins, OBJ, Evans

Hooper

Legatron

CHI

LOL. It's a local league. Cash only. All money given to the commish to hold until the end of the season. We're talking back alley fantasy here, folks.
Then you need a back-alley solution. Hire a shady guy named “Rocco” to go to his house & punch him in the face in front of his wife & kids. 

Then sleep with his wife.

We’ve been over this before.  

Do you have his email or phone number?  The SP can blast his phone/email about how bad of a commissioner person he is.  Also, I would send an insulting offer back to him instead of just rejecting the offer he made to you.

Do you have his email or phone number?  The SP can blast his phone/email about how bad of a commissioner person he is.  Also, I would send an insulting offer back to him instead of just rejecting the offer he made to you.
Are you saying a text of GFY wasn't appropriate? Too subtle? Too cerebral?

Drop Ajayi for Davis.  He’ll get some touches and he’s a cuff for both D. Monty AND Cohen.  He’s startable over Henderson, IMO and might be a GL TD vulture.

Brown is Gurley’s cuff.

I’d just ignore the commish’s trade offer, don’t even reject it.  Let it sit until he cancels it.

Users who are viewing this thread